Good Ol' Bill, still hasn't lost it

Magox

I gotta hand it to him, he sure does have some charisma

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=afrahNIYAAbg

Aug. 5 (Bloomberg) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il pardoned and ordered the release of two jailed U.S. journalists after former President Bill Clinton made a surprise visit to Pyongyang yesterday.

Kim granted “a special pardon” to the journalists, who were originally detained in March, the state-run Korean Central News Agency said early today. Clinton apologized to Kim for “the hostile acts” by the women, who were found guilty of entering the country illegally, KCNA said.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be known, Korea playing a little politics. Likes the left in the west having at least the perception of success.

:):devil:

I never heard worse sour grapes than this and what Tom said above. Maybe you guys should have said:

"Just a trick by those sneaky half nips to make the right look bad."

:huh:

:lol::lol:

I never heard worse sour grapes than this and what Tom said above. Maybe you guys should have said:

:lol:

But seriously, do you really think that it mattered who was there? Or that Bill actually made a difference? I would think that the Koreans had their mind made up before they even saw the guy. Like Billy boy is so convincing he can bamboozle and smooth talk lunatic fringe dictators. I think he does great bull$hitting soccer moms and college grads but I think his mystical charms would be lost on the North Korean guy.

But seriously, do you really think that it mattered who was there? Or that Bill actually made a difference? I would think that the Koreans had their mind made up before they even saw the guy. Like Billy boy is so convincing he can bamboozle and smooth talk lunatic fringe dictators. I think he does great bull$hitting soccer moms and college grads but I think his mystical charms would be lost on the North Korean guy.

They made up their mind before they saw the guy because they knew it was Bill. This article does a pretty good job of describing what happened.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...0,2496220.story

:lol::lol:

I've never made it a secret that I dislike Bill Clinton, and loathe his foreign policy, and in no small part due to his "Do whatever you want, just please don't give me a hard time" attitude towards North Korea. But the fact is, Bill Clinton's one of the few people who could have gotten these two women freed, precisely because he's already shown he's willing to lick Kim Jong Il's boots.

That I think the women should have been imprisoned isn't sour grapes...it's simply an admission that they knowingly and intentionally broke North Korean law, with full knowledge of the possible penalty. Just because they're Americans does not mean other nations' laws don't apply to them.

That I think the women should have been imprisoned isn't sour grapes...it's simply an admission that they knowingly and intentionally broke North Korean law, with full knowledge of the possible penalty. Just because they're Americans does not mean other nations' laws don't apply to them.

What are you Jack Kirkpatrick?

"Shanna, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash."

What are you Jack Kirkpatrick?

"Shanna, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash."

So your position is that the laws of soverign nations don't matter, because they're Americans?