I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

For your information, Dean constantly insults me with his smoldering gaze and pontificationalizing pontifiveness, but do I let it bother me?

Yes, I do.

Point being, if I can still enjoy posting under the crushing weight of the disapproval of faceless strangers, so can you. And SKOOBY desreves it which is why I am siding with hi. He is always the underdog which I admire. He is right, Dick Jauron and the coaching staff suck.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I think the next SKOOBY pointless thread should be the over/under on dog's age.

Nawww, Deans IQ/ closet secrets would be better :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone is saying Jauron is or will be Bellicheck or do what he's done,

but I do think the Cleveland/Bellicheck argument is valid as far as saying someone might still

have success even if his career started off slow...I'm not saying Jauron is one of the best

coaches in the league but I hate the "The truth is he just sucks" or "Once a loser always

a loser" arguments because it precludes the fact that talent has anything to do with a

team's record or that a person can learn, grow, and get better no matter how old he is.

Jauron's and Bellicheck's record with their first teams (in 5 seasons each) is almost

identical and Bellicheck's winning percentage after 6 years as a head coach was 42.7%.

I'm sure people were saying "Once a loser always a loser". Then Brady took over as QB

and they go on an amazing run. I'm not saying its all due to Brady (and not the coaching)

but it sure hasn't hurt Bellicheck and his record either. I'm willing to go into this season

optimistic and giving Jauron another chance now that he has more talent to work with and

if the team tanks, no doubt he will be fired, so let's give him one more chance.

Bill Bellicheck

5 years in Cleveland 36-44 45% winning pct (1 winning season)

1991 6-10

1992 7-9

1993 7-9

1994 11-5

1995 5-11

1st year in New England 5-11

Then Tom Brady took over the team and they have had

8 winning seasons and the 3 *SBs (obviously last year's

winning record can't be due to Brady, though)

Dick Jauron

5 years in Chicago 35-45 43.75% winning pct (1 winning season)

1999 6-10

2000 5-11

2001 13-3

2002 4-12

2003 7-9

Jauron's detractors count the 5 games as interim coach as a full season of

coaching for Jauron, but please it was Detroit and he was only interim coach

I don't see as how you can really pin that 1-4 on him at that point.

3 years in Buffalo, three 7-9 seasons

So Bellicheck had 1 good season in 6 years as head coach and then broke out

in his 7th season (the season Brady started)

Jauron has had 1 good season in 8 years as head coach. Can he break out this year?

Here's hoping.

Go Bills!

Guest dog14787
I'll take 12. :thumbsup:

I threw a pic up fresh of the press to help you guess and as you see I'm feeling a little ticked off, but I'm not telling you if you are right or wrong on my age.

So take a good look at my face

You know my smile looks out of place

If you look closer it's easy to trace

The tracks of my tears

I threw a pic up fresh of the press to help you guess and as you see I'm feeling a little ticked off, but I'm not telling you if you are right or wrong on my age.

So take a good look at my face

You know my smile looks out of place

If you look closer it's easy to trace

The tracks of my tears

Hmmm...still not sure about the age, but you're definitely gay.

Guest dog14787
Hmmm...still not sure about the age, but you're definitely gay.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're definitely gay for thinking I'm gay :thumbsup:

Man, lately i have to say i am quite impressed (shocked, annoyed, frustrated) as to how quickly threads have been de-railing on here. Usually it seems to take awhile but within 2 pages it is a disturbing trend, I am thinking the number of quality posters is decreasing, and SKOOBY starts a new thread every other day about whatever he wants, but it really makes it difficult to read the stuff on the board because of all the "but he calls me names, stop picking on me, there's a mob and a secret club and I'm not in it.... Some people on here need to develop thicker skin and just get over it. Let's be honest, it's a Bills message board, if you really care that much about what people say about you on here, then you need to seek help and develop thicker skin. It's the interwebs people......... :wallbash:

\rant off

oh and Jauron sucks and needs to be gone, and he can take Perry and Turk with him :thumbsup:

I try to avoid chasing everyone's little tiff they bestow on me. I am a Bills fan and here by choice. If you have a problem with how I write or the topics I post, avoid them. I personally think that Dean is a genius in his own right and deserves a certain level of latitude in what he chooses to write. He posts up solid writing and never waivers from his opinion. I just wish he and some others would realize that not everyone shares his view and stuffing them in a box instantly for being here is bullying.

I personally have thicker skin and can take the abuse but I do appreciate Dog and those who see who I am, a fan of our Bills team. Attacking a fan of the same team you like kinda makes you a bit of douche, don't ya think?

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

Dear Skooby,

Please kill yourself.

Signed,

Everyone

Man, lately i have to say i am quite impressed (shocked, annoyed, frustrated) as to how quickly threads have been de-railing on here. Usually it seems to take awhile but within 2 pages it is a disturbing trend, I am thinking the number of quality posters is decreasing, and SKOOBY starts a new thread every other day about whatever he wants, but it really makes it difficult to read the stuff on the board because of all the "but he calls me names, stop picking on me, there's a mob and a secret club and I'm not in it.... Some people on here need to develop thicker skin and just get over it. Let's be honest, it's a Bills message board, if you really care that much about what people say about you on here, then you need to seek help and develop thicker skin. It's the interwebs people......... :unsure:

\rant off

oh and Jauron sucks and needs to be gone, and he can take Perry and Turk with him :censored:

You're wrong. I've been here a long time and this board has never been this nasty. Personal attacks were very rare here and now, not only do they come in every thread, they come on the first page. It used to be that vicious, passionate and fervent attacks on opinions was the norm (as it should be). Now it has become like kindergarden here with the constant name calling by the same members day after day. It's embarrassing what this once proud board has become.

You're wrong. I've been here a long time and this board has never been this nasty. Personal attacks were very rare here and now, not only do they come in every thread, they come on the first page. It used to be that vicious, passionate and fervent attacks on opinions was the norm (as it should be). Now it has become like kindergarden here with the constant name calling by the same members day after day. It's embarrassing what this once proud board has become.

It's the same people as well and by trying to be the bigger person and ignore them, you get called out that you aren't defending yourself. I have no intent to feed these childish games or get sucked into little retorts. The po po here needs to recognize these folks and knock them to the curb.

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

You got issues! Have you seen DJ coach on gameday and the bone head crap he does??? Sorry but TO isnt the best offensive weapon. That would be Larry Fitzgerald. Poz was a great tackler 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, on our side. He isnt a game changer. Thats why he slid to the second round. How can you say maybin is great? He is a rookie wht hasnt played a down in the NFL. Thats like saying Eric Flowers was awesome before he played. Remember him? I am now being pessimistic...just realistic.

If you do not thinkwe are out coached I will give you concrete examples

1) last season, Pats at Bills, just before halftime...Pats create confusion which results in no time out by the Bills and no filed goal attempt and Jauron not even getting upset with the Refs...

2) Jauron is so intent on keeping this team on an even keel, even Jim Kelly says you cannot tell the difference on Mondays whether the team has won or lost on Sunday.

That is not the attitude a good coach instills..

It's the same people as well and by trying to be the bigger person and ignore them, you get called out that you aren't defending yourself. I have no intent to feed these childish games or get sucked into little retorts. The po po here needs to recognize these folks and knock them to the curb.

As for your post...I'm tired of our head coach sucking. It's been a long painful three years watching this team look like they're being coached by the keystone cops or three stooges. They get nothing but derision and ridicule from me until proven wrong.

the point about coaches being great based on their players (and maily QB) is a fact. coaches are important, but their game day contributions are way over rated. having good players and having them prepared trumps game day things that get blown out of proportion, and we as fans don't really see how well prepared and motivated the team is over the course of the week.

if we make the playoffs this year, i say keep dick, if we don't i am all for canning him. that result will come down to more than just his contribution, but that's the way it works.

I've explained this to you before. I don't expect you to understand, or remember, for that matter.

Intelligent posts, and posters, get treated in kind. Skooby doesn't make that cut.

It is rare I disagree with you Dean, However, this time Skooby has made an intelligent post. The purpose of the post was to insight the very riot of replies he is receiving. Therefore proving that he is somewhere between the great apes and humans on the intellectual evolution scale. Apes may not of thought up how to do this.

It is rare I disagree with you Dean, However, this time Skooby has made an intelligent post. The purpose of the post was to insight the very riot of replies he is receiving. Therefore proving that he is somewhere between the great apes and humans on the intellectual evolution scale. Apes may not of thought up how to do this.

Opposable :censored:

You got issues! Have you seen DJ coach on gameday and the bone head crap he does??? Sorry but TO isnt the best offensive weapon. That would be Larry Fitzgerald. Poz was a great tackler 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, on our side. He isnt a game changer. Thats why he slid to the second round. How can you say maybin is great? He is a rookie wht hasnt played a down in the NFL. Thats like saying Eric Flowers was awesome before he played. Remember him? I am now being pessimistic...just realistic.

He didn't say "the best offensive weapon". He said "their best offensive weapon", which he was in terms of scoring. Owens had 10 TD receptions for Dallas last season, as many as their next three best receivers combined (Jason Witten-4, Patrick Crayton-4, Marion Barber-2).

As I noted, before dog started attacking me, I stopped after this:

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing.

I found no sense in that first sentence, and stopped reading (if it wasn't a Skooby post, I may have continued, but let's be straight here, I've already read far too much nonsense from him). I didn't personally insult him, just noted that I stopped reading there. Apparently, that's a no-no in dog's world.

But you are correct, Bob. This is a home-run thread for Skooby, as it is doing exactly what he wants it to do: start a conversation about him. Count me as a fish caught, on this go-round.

the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks. the coaching staff sucks,oh did i mention the coaching staff sucks :censored::unsure::lol:

I found no sense in that first sentence, and stopped reading (if it wasn't a Skooby post, I may have continued, but let's be straight here, I've already read far too much nonsense from him). I didn't personally insult him, just noted that I stopped reading there. Apparently, that's a no-no in dog's world.

But you are correct, Bob. This is a home-run thread for Skooby, as it is doing exactly what he wants it to do: start a conversation about him. Count me as a fish caught, on this go-round.

Detractors are usually the biggest closet fans, closet mentioned for many reasons.

He didn't say "the best offensive weapon". He said "their best offensive weapon", which he was in terms of scoring. Owens had 10 TD receptions for Dallas last season, as many as their next three best receivers combined (Jason Witten-4, Patrick Crayton-4, Marion Barber-2).

Way to read exactly what I wrote, instead of one line. We scored Big D's best weapon to add to ours, that can only improve us as a whole.

the point about coaches being great based on their players (and maily QB) is a fact. coaches are important, but their game day contributions are way over rated. having good players and having them prepared trumps game day things that get blown out of proportion, and we as fans don't really see how well prepared and motivated the team is over the course of the week.

if we make the playoffs this year, i say keep dick, if we don't i am all for canning him. that result will come down to more than just his contribution, but that's the way it works.

Did you not know that football is a strategic games...and one or two mistakes by the coaches will cost you.

picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now

Ok my bust...

A simple question for the DJ fans here: at the end of the season, when the Bills' worst kept secret was finally confirmed--that the Ralphie had locked up DJ for 3 more years months earlier---how many of you thought "alright! This is good news."?

Followup: if you did not, what has changed since then for you to continue to support him and his staff?

Guest dog14787

Slick deleting some of your posts to cover your tracks, but it doesn't matter, everyone knows how you constantly hound folks on this board all the time.

Speaking of Fishing, I'm going up up near St. Augustine for a month in the fall, maybe we can get together, drink a brewski, talk about our Bills, do some surf fishing. You seem to have a problem with me and this is nothing more than giving you the opportunity to talk it out and settle our problems face to face, man to man.

Like to surf fish?

I'm also actually trying to make a game or two this year and although this isn't my game face, you guys all know what I look like now and it would be great to meet some of you. It would be interesting to know what everyone looks like.

Your hear it because they do suck

Guest dog14787
You know how I know you're gay? You listen to Coldplay.

I listen to everything from Jimmy Reeves and Johnny Horton to Rush or Metallica and everything in between. Country, pop Rock, rap, heavy metal, I appreciate it all and I also like to sing all types of music.

Haven't really given much thought to what the gay community likes to listen to though to be honest with you.

I'm also actually trying to make a game or two this year and although this isn't my game face, you guys all know what I look like now and it would be great to meet some of you. It would be interesting to know what everyone looks like.

< -- I'm easy to spot at games. I'll make it even easier and wear a Canada pin on my suspenders.