I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

My problems with the staff are:

A DC who rushes the same 4 guys the same way every down and plays a soft secondary.

An OC who continually lines up in the shotgun with an empty backfield on 2nd/3rd down and short yardage.

Gameday coaching SUCKS, as does Gameday emotion.

Either you have it or you don't. DJ Don't.

Perhaps showing some G o d D a m n emotion on the sideline (beyond Bobby April) would counteract a portion of what's lacking in coaching instinct.

A coach who in HIS ENTIRE CAREER has one winning season.

Wrap your head around that simple concept, monkey-boy, and then get back to us.

A coach who in HIS ENTIRE CAREER has one winning season.

Wrap your head around that simple concept, monkey-boy, and then get back to us.

Bellycheat coached the Browns early in his career as well.

NINE winning seasons in his career.

Last I checked, nine is more than one.

Never thought I'd say this, but point goes to Skooby...he wasn't comparing the current resumes of the two coaches and he's correct in his assertion that a coach's failures do not preclude later success given the right circumstances. I'm sure Browns fans were saying the exact same things about Belichick that we say about Jauron these days.

Never thought I'd say this, but point goes to Skooby...he wasn't comparing the current resumes of the two coaches and he's correct in his assertion that a coach's failures do not preclude later success given the right circumstances. I'm sure Browns fans were saying the exact same things about Belichick that we say about Jauron these days.

Okay...let's talk up until their third year with their current team.

Belichick: three.

Jauron: one.

Or, just their current team.

Beilchick: eight.

Jauron: zero.

Or their first two teams:

Belichick: nine.

Jauron: one.

Or their last two teams.

Belichick: nine.

Jauron: zero.

The bottom line, though, is that Skooby's an ass, trying to use Belichick to defend Jauron's lack of production. The simple fact that he'd even TRY demonstrates the fallacy of his "our coaching doesn't suck" thesis: if it didn't suck, he wouldn't have to use other coaches' records to justify our coaches' lack thereof.

with the exception of April this is one of the worst coaching staffs Ive ever seen...DJ is too soft on his players during training camp and practice and it shows on the field...i dont get how a guy who has had one winning season in 8 as an NFL head coach can still be a head coach in the NFL

the play calling on both sides of the ball is predictable and the game plan seems to be the same every week no matter who they are playing...the defensive system counts on the offense not being able to put long drives together which might work against bad teams but doesnt against good teams like the Pats or Colts....the love affair with CBs doesnt make sense when they insist on playing their corners 10-12 yards off the line of scrimmage just giving the offense the quick slants and 10 yard stop patterns

the offensive playcalling reminds me of Rich Kotite, no real system, just a guy calling plays with no creativity to get guys open...the team refuses to work the middle down the field, everything is either within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage or to the outside

Maybin is a HUGE risk and teams like the Bills that havent made the playoffs in 10 years cant afford to draft a player like that

it doesnt make sense to draft a CB high in the second round that they plan on moving to FS when Whitner has come out and said that he is be moving to FS as well...I understand the need for depth but if they didnt draft Byrd to be a starter this year or next why the hell did they draft him when there were numerous other players on the board that could help the Bills this year

Guest dog14787
:wallbash:

This is when I bailed.

Always full of compliments aren't we Dean, have nothing better to say just insult their posts.

Why don't you take your BS somewhere else. :thumbsup:

The point isn't about comparing coaches, it's about discrediting the stupid "Belichick sucked in Cleveland too" argument. History shows that people in Cleveland were wrong about Belicheat and that they passed judgment too early on a young coach.

Jauron is not a young coach. He's had nine years and 3 teams and except for one fluky season has had a losing record every time. A .429 lifetime winning % puts him on par with guys like Herm Edwards and Rich Kotite.

Obviously the past does not preclude things happening in the future in almost any circumstance, but after watching Jauron for the past 3 years, I would say it's very unlikely that he'll have the Bills challenging for a championship.

The point isn't about comparing coaches, it's about discrediting the stupid "Belichick sucked in Cleveland too" argument. History shows that people in Cleveland were wrong about Belicheat and that they passed judgment too early on a young coach.

Jauron is not a young coach. He's had nine years and 3 teams and except for one fluky season has had a losing record every time. A .429 lifetime winning % puts him on par with guys like Herm Edwards and Rich Kotite.

Obviously the past does not preclude things happening in the future in almost any circumstance, but after watching Jauron for the past 3 years, I would say it's very unlikely that he'll have the Bills challenging for a championship.

Pre-Tom Brady, I would call Bellycheat average at best. It took one guy like Tom Brady (however sickening saying it makes me) to get BB a much higher level of success. Montana made San Fran into a powerhouse and made Walsh look like a genius.

My point is a coaches greatness in the NFL is really determined by what kind of players they field. The Bills have basically fielded losers for 9 years and we never really put together a drafted O-line since then, nor had 2 top flight WR's like we do now. We have the talent to go out and run the ball well. We also have probably the deepest WR cores in the league, chalked full of speed / talent.

The last time DJ had a team this talented, he went 13-3. I personally expect a similiar result, 11-5 / 12-4. We can't win them all this season but we can actually know that we can win every game we play in, even if we don't win.

When in the last 3 years have you ever heard about DJ out coaching the other team. Than how many times do you see DJ getting out coached. DJ sucks plain and simple. Now you can say that we have developed some players thanks to the coaching staff is a better argument to the merit of the coaching staff. Besides Bobby April I don't like the coaching staff one bit.

Simply put DJ gets out coached on a consistent basis thats why a lot of people think our coaching sucks.

Always full of compliments aren't we Dean, have nothing better to say just insult their posts.

Why don't you take your BS somewhere else. :thumbsup:

I've explained this to you before. I don't expect you to understand, or remember, for that matter.

Intelligent posts, and posters, get treated in kind. Skooby doesn't make that cut.