I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
< -- I'm easy to spot at games. I'll make it even easier and wear a Canada pin on my suspenders.

and I thought I was in good shape. :censored:

with the exception of April this is one of the worst coaching staffs Ive ever seen...DJ is too soft on his players during training camp and practice and it shows on the field...i dont get how a guy who has had one winning season in 8 as an NFL head coach can still be a head coach in the NFL

I have no idea how much Jaraun makes, but I'm willing to bet he is still a coach and is in Buffalo because he comes cheap. Bills never spend money on head coaches. Only guy that I can think that may have cost them some bucks was Chuck Knox. Levy was a losing coach when he signed with the Bills so he could'nt have cost much.

the point about coaches being great based on their players (and maily QB) is a fact. coaches are important, but their game day contributions are way over rated. having good players and having them prepared trumps game day things that get blown out of proportion, and we as fans don't really see how well prepared and motivated the team is over the course of the week.

if we make the playoffs this year, i say keep dick, if we don't i am all for canning him. that result will come down to more than just his contribution, but that's the way it works.

But right there, you state the problem with the Bills and it's in a line that extends directly to the coaching staff. When was the last time you thought this team was properly prepared? Name a game that they've devised a game plan for a specific opponent to take advantage of weaknesses? How many times has this team come out of the locker room flat and uninspired? How many timeouts have been lost because the play didn't get called in from the sideline properly?

Add to this, the 2 or 3 times a game that Jauron just makes the wrong in-game decision and it should be obvious that yes, indeed, our coaching sucks.

I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I'm a very patient person. But, it's been 3 years. Can anyone honestly say that they've seen the game plans improve? seen the clock management improve? seen a winning attitude instilled in the players? We haven't. This last season it became horrendously apparent with a colossal failure in the second half of the season, culminating with the complete ineptitude of our final game against the Pats*, that this coaching staff is woefully lacking.

Can they suddenly become competent with more talent (i.e TO)? We'll see. But I, for one, won't be expecting much. Seriously, after witnessing last year's debacle, who can possibly get excited if we start this season 1-0, 2-0, hell even 4-0? Sure, it'd be nice, but until I see the words "clinched playoff spot" beside the Bills' name in the standings, it'll be hard to get too excited. Sucks, I know. But, that's what keeping Jauron and the status quo has done for this fan. I have all the desire in the world to see this team win, but no hope whatsoever that it'll be this season. I was disheartened when Jauron was retained. And, despite a decent off season or trades and drafting, I fail to see how any of it matters when they come out uninspired and unprepared.

My question is what will everyone say when TO is running end around fake reverses and WR screens with no blocking 3 or 4 times per game or deep sideline routes while Trent is checking down? Will we fail because TO is old, a problem, or because the coaches are doing what they've done for quite some time now - call all the wrong plays at all the wrong times?

Guest dog14787
But right there, you state the problem with the Bills and it's in a line that extends directly to the coaching staff. When was the last time you thought this team was properly prepared? Name a game that they've devised a game plan for a specific opponent to take advantage of weaknesses? How many times has this team come out of the locker room flat and uninspired? How many timeouts have been lost because the play didn't get called in from the sideline properly?

Add to this, the 2 or 3 times a game that Jauron just makes the wrong in-game decision and it should be obvious that yes, indeed, our coaching sucks.

I tried to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I'm a very patient person. But, it's been 3 years. Can anyone honestly say that they've seen the game plans improve? seen the clock management improve? seen a winning attitude instilled in the players? We haven't. This last season it became horrendously apparent with a colossal failure in the second half of the season, culminating with the complete ineptitude of our final game against the Pats*, that this coaching staff is woefully lacking.

Can they suddenly become competent with more talent (i.e TO)? We'll see. But I, for one, won't be expecting much. Seriously, after witnessing last year's debacle, who can possibly get excited if we start this season 1-0, 2-0, hell even 4-0? Sure, it'd be nice, but until I see the words "clinched playoff spot" beside the Bills' name in the standings, it'll be hard to get too excited. Sucks, I know. But, that's what keeping Jauron and the status quo has done for this fan. I have all the desire in the world to see this team win, but no hope whatsoever that it'll be this season. I was disheartened when Jauron was retained. And, despite a decent off season or trades and drafting, I fail to see how any of it matters when they come out uninspired and unprepared.

My question is what will everyone say when TO is running end around fake reverses and WR screens with no blocking 3 or 4 times per game or deep sideline routes while Trent is checking down? Will we fail because TO is old, a problem, or because the coaches are doing what they've done for quite some time now - call all the wrong plays at all the wrong times?

Thinking back to the good old days when Marv was on the sidelines and Ted Marchibroda was OC, we always knew our team was very well prepared with one of the best game plans imaginable and our half time adjustments were just plain awesome, now that was a championship caliber coaching staff.

with the exception of April this is one of the worst coaching staffs Ive ever seen...DJ is too soft on his players during training camp and practice and it shows on the field...i dont get how a guy who has had one winning season in 8 as an NFL head coach can still be a head coach in the NFL.

Just watch, he won't even get hired as a defensive coordinator after he gets canned after this season. Is there anyone here who'd even take him as the Bills' defensive coordinator? He'll either have to take a job as a positional coach or retire.

Thinking back to the good old days when Marv was on the sidelines and Ted Marchibroda was OC, we always knew our team was very well prepared with one of the best game plans imaginable and our half time adjustments were just plain awesome, now that was a championship caliber coaching staff.

at least Ted was.

Marv was smart enough to get out of his way

the defensive staff Marv hired was a joke and kept them from winning Super Bowls.

Wade was good (but not hired by Marv) but by that time Ted was gone and not replaced with anyone remotely competent

unless you consider being able to smash another coach's head thru the wall a sign of quality coaching :censored:

the defensive staff Marv hired was a joke and kept them from winning Super Bowls.

I have to disagree with that somewhat, Spart. The AFC, and especially the AFC East, was a very pass-oriented conference at the time. The defense the Bills ran was pretty capable against Marino, Elway, Esiason, etc. Unfortunately, the NFC East was the dominant division in the NFL and its dominance was through it being the home of smashmouth football. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants all had huge offensive lines that blew massive holes in opposing defenses. Against that, the Bills smaller 3-4 defense didn't fare well, that's true. It's unfortunate that the Bills never got to play the 49ers in a Super Bowl. If they had, Buffalo just might have gotten its championship. Slips through the fingers... :censored:

Slick deleting some of your posts to cover your tracks, but it doesn't matter, everyone knows how you constantly hound folks on this board all the time.

Speaking of Fishing, I'm going up up near St. Augustine for a month in the fall, maybe we can get together, drink a brewski, talk about our Bills, do some surf fishing. You seem to have a problem with me and this is nothing more than giving you the opportunity to talk it out and settle our problems face to face, man to man.

Like to surf fish?

I'm also actually trying to make a game or two this year and although this isn't my game face, you guys all know what I look like now and it would be great to meet some of you. It would be interesting to know what everyone looks like.

I deleted nothing. My posts in this thread currently represent all my posts in this thread, for the life of the thread to this point. If I deleted one of my posts (I didn't) it would have still appeared in quotations in one of your attacking, inane responses.

I don't fish, but if you are here and want to have a beer, send me a PM.

I have no idea how much Jaraun makes, but I'm willing to bet he is still a coach and is in Buffalo because he comes cheap. Bills never spend money on head coaches. Only guy that I can think that may have cost them some bucks was Chuck Knox. Levy was a losing coach when he signed with the Bills so he could'nt have cost much.

if i remember correctly DJ is now getting 2 mil a year after signing his extension...which is the real reason why he is still head coach of the Bills, not because he comes cheap but because he just signed an extension and Ralph would rather keep him then fire him and have to pay him for the next 3 years

8 seasons as an NFL head coach...one winning season and no playoff wins

Do you have a clue? If you are tired of hearing about how terrible the Bill's coaching is, you better go live in a cave. Until the coaching staff changes, the talk won't change, and it shouldn't. How do you credit the coaching staff for getting T.O., drafting Maybin, Poz tackling, or anthing else you said? How can you say that we had a "great draft" when they haven't even put pads on yet, much less played a single game. And even if it turns out to be a great draft, how do you credit the coaches. Sounds like you need to break out the book "Football 101" and get reading.

Guest dog14787
I deleted nothing. My posts in this thread currently represent all my posts in this thread, for the life of the thread to this point. If I deleted one of my posts (I didn't) it would have still appeared in quotations in one of your attacking, inane responses.

I don't fish, but if you are here and want to have a beer, send me a PM.

Different thread Dean and I didn't respond( something about me seeing everything in black and white on the Tim Graham thread) I didn't appreciate you starting us off on the wrong track, but I'll do that on the beer.

Guest dog14787
:censored:

Different thread, that's right, what happened to your comment off the Tim Graham ask a question thread that got us off to such a great start, its gone now, so why remove it?

Different thread, that's right, what happened to your comment off the Tim Graham ask a question thread that got us off to such a great start, its gone now, so why remove it?

I didn't. I assume a mod (Lori?) deleted those.

It was fine by me, as Tim basically said the same thing to you, but more professionally, of course.

Guest dog14787
I didn't. I assume a mod (Lori?) deleted those.

It was fine by me, as Tim basically said the same thing to you, but more professionally, of course.

Well that's real nice.

What gives you the right when I asked Tim a question, my first by the way, to stick your two sense in? It isn't ask Dean a question is it? Still you want to come off with your BS insults like you do everywhere else.

What is your problem Buddy?

Well that's real nice.

What gives you the right when I asked Tim a question, my first by the way, to stick your two sense in? It isn't ask Dean a question is it? Still you want to come off with your BS insults like you do everywhere else.

What is your problem Buddy?

I have to explain it, again?

I have to disagree with that somewhat, Spart. The AFC, and especially the AFC East, was a very pass-oriented conference at the time. The defense the Bills ran was pretty capable against Marino, Elway, Esiason, etc. Unfortunately, the NFC East was the dominant division in the NFL and its dominance was through it being the home of smashmouth football. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants all had huge offensive lines that blew massive holes in opposing defenses. Against that, the Bills smaller 3-4 defense didn't fare well, that's true. It's unfortunate that the Bills never got to play the 49ers in a Super Bowl. If they had, Buffalo just might have gotten its championship. Slips through the fingers... :censored:

let me be more specific

Walt Corey was a joke

He wasted the great pass rushing talent he had in Bruce Smith and Bennett by playing his read and react defense.

they should have attacked from down 1 and Bruce would have set new sack records every year.