Tinoisamoa still considering Bills

The Bills should have signed him 10 days ago.

I'm at a total loss why we haven't signed him as well. He isn't a blockbuster signing but HAS to be an upgrade over Ellison. For a position that has seen no attention after being diagnosed as an offseason need...I can't imagine a much better solution falling into our laps.

i agree. this guy must be signed! he is the ideal fit and the best of all the free agent OLB's we have brought in. and honestly what is the sense of bringing in all these OLB's if we dont intend to sign any of them? i think we actually get this one.

Well of course he has to be considering us. Very few teams play the system Pisa is suited for than the number get whittled down by the availability of starting jobs in those systems. Pisa wants too much money thats why the Bills haven't signed him. I would offer him somewhere around 2.8-3.3 million a year. It sounds like he wants 4 or 5 million a year.

I still think he will be a Bill. He will make a round of visits to a few teams and the offers he will get will be no where near what he expects and lower than what the Bills have offered. He will go back to Buffalo and sign the offer for around three million a year. It just sounds like he is misreading the market and thinks the Bills are offering him leverage to get bigger money with a better team but the Bills are the ones who have the leverage here.

I'm at a total loss why we haven't signed him as well. He isn't a blockbuster signing but HAS to be an upgrade over Ellison. For a position that has seen no attention after being diagnosed as an offseason need...I can't imagine a much better solution falling into our laps.

we were the first team he visited. of course he and his agent are going to entertain as many offers as they can scrounge up, its good business on their part and does not reflect on our front office at all. other than to say that they didnt overbid on an ok player.

let him go visit a couple teams so he and his agent can figure out exactly what he's worth, then let negotiations begin.

i agree. this guy must be signed! he is the ideal fit and the best of all the free agent OLB's we have brought in. and honestly what is the sense of bringing in all these OLB's if we dont intend to sign any of them? i think we actually get this one.

So do you just want them to completely overpay for him? Because for a free agent to take the first offer they get, it must be something that completely blows them away. I want Pisa too but not at some insane price.

So do you just want them to completely overpay for him? Because for a free agent to take the first offer they get, it must be something that completely blows them away. I want Pisa too but not at some insane price.

I'll answer that when I see how much the Bears/Eagles sign him for.

There are 3 factors here as to why we didn't try to overpay him to sign here already, IMO.

#1. Alvin Bowen - Our staff was pretty high on him last year before the knee injury.

#2. Pat Thomas - Maybe throwing our hopes behind another former N.C. State player will work out :thumbsup:

#3. Nic Harris - Maybe they are really thrilled about getting this guy in the 5th and are expecting BIG things from him.

My preference? Get Tinoisamoa on a 2 year deal, if he'll sign for a reasonable figure, and let Ellison battle for a roster spot along with the other three forementioned.

There are 3 factors here as to why we didn't try to overpay him to sign here already, IMO.

#1. Alvin Bowen - Our staff was pretty high on him last year before the knee injury.

#2. Pat Thomas - Maybe throwing our hopes behind another former N.C. State player will work out :wacko:

#3. Nic Harris - Maybe they are really thrilled about getting this guy in the 5th and are expecting BIG things from him.

My preference? Get Tinoisamoa on a 2 year deal, if he'll sign for a reasonable figure, and let Ellison battle for a roster spot along with the other three forementioned.

Assuming that they will actually spend to the cap and that is an unknown at this point.

They did not overpay him because they may need to bring in another Left Tackle and they would need to have the cap room to do that.

Also it is not likely that they will pay him more that the LB's they have as starters now.

I doubt that they think so highly of Bowen and Thomas or Harris to believe they are starting material. If the Bills do not sign a Veteran Linebacker they will have a weakness there at least for the first half of the season perhaps longer.

Bowen never played in a regular season game. Your starter on MNF will be Ellison or Thomas.

The blind ignorance of "fans" never ceases to amaze me. Folks, this is a business. Like any other business, you weight the cost and benefit of every spending decision very carefully.

If the asking price was right, he would have been signed already. The fact that he hasn't been signed tells you that he's looking for more scratch than we believe he's worth. Nobody said we didn't make him an offer. He and his agent will shop his services and see if any better offers come about. They will use our offer as leverage and try to up the stakes. I'd be very surprised if we got him at our original offer, but if the bills left some wiggle room and can counter an offer by the Bears or the next team he visits after the Bears, you may still see him signed.

Ask yourselves this... why did he suddenly become expendable with the Rams? It's a business! Clearly they felt his production wasn't worth the money they were paying. So, why do some fans insist on the "get him at all costs" mentality?

The Bills should have signed him 10 days ago.

I think the Bills would like to sign him, but it comes down to the asking price. Should the Bills overpay and make "an offer that can't be refused" offer? Or take a chance, and wait it out for a more reasonable contract like the one the Bucs made for Crowell? Really the only thing preventing Tinoisamoa from fielding other offers is the Bills willing to pay him more than he thinks he's worth elsewhere. That or the history of winning and their coach's personality.

Regardless of what happens, I expect that the Bills will try to address the position in the next years draft.

Assuming that they will actually spend to the cap and that is an unknown at this point.

They did not overpay him because they may need to bring in another Left Tackle and they would need to have the cap room to do that.

Also it is not likely that they will pay him more that the LB's they have as starters now.

I doubt that they think so highly of Bowen and Thomas or Harris to believe they are starting material. If the Bills do not sign a Veteran Linebacker they will have a weakness there at least for the first half of the season perhaps longer.

Bowen never played in a regular season game. Your starter on MNF will be Ellison or Thomas.

Makes me wonder if they are thinking of trying Maybin at a linebacker spot. Dunno - just a thought.

What I don't understand is that I thought he was fairly excited to come back and reunite with Fewell; the spot has his name written all over it.

looking at the eagles dept chart, this is what they have on paper: (Never heard of Jordan or Fokuo)

WLB--Akeem Jordan--Omar Gaither-- Moise Fokou

What I don't understand is that I thought he was fairly excited to come back and reunite with Fewell; the spot has his name written all over it.

looking at the eagles dept chart, this is what they have on paper: (Never heard of Jordan or Fokuo)

Gaither would be the starter out of that group. Fokou was a draftee this year and I got zilch on Jordan.

The blind ignorance of "fans" never ceases to amaze me. Folks, this is a business. Like any other business, you weight the cost and benefit of every spending decision very carefully.

If the asking price was right, he would have been signed already. The fact that he hasn't been signed tells you that he's looking for more scratch than we believe he's worth. Nobody said we didn't make him an offer. He and his agent will shop his services and see if any better offers come about. They will use our offer as leverage and try to up the stakes. I'd be very surprised if we got him at our original offer, but if the bills left some wiggle room and can counter an offer by the Bears or the next team he visits after the Bears, you may still see him signed.

Ask yourselves this... why did he suddenly become expendable with the Rams? It's a business! Clearly they felt his production wasn't worth the money they were paying. So, why do some fans insist on the "get him at all costs" mentality?

I think the last time the Bills had a LB who they wanted to get at all costs mentality was Takeo Spikes. Look how well that worked out.

I'm guessing there was excitement on both sides, but assuming there was an offer, Pisa wanted a little more.

Obviously, this seems like a very good fit for the reasons you mentioned, but this still is a business first. Both sides gotta do whats best for them. But I'd like to see him here too.

Makes me wonder if they are thinking of trying Maybin at a linebacker spot. Dunno - just a thought.

Personally, I think to get the most out of Maybin, you need to be creative in how you use him. Maybe as a rush end in pass situations and then when he gains more experience, a LB in rush situations.

And for as much crap as Jauron gets for not being creative, Roosevelt Colvin at OLB had back to back 10+ sack seasons under DJ in Chicago. Maybin has a higher ceiling so hopefully we use him properly.

I think the last time the Bills had a LB who they wanted to get at all costs mentality was Takeo Spikes. Look how well that worked out.

If Spikes never got hurt, he would have been the best LB in Bills history. He was amazing and arguably the best OLB pre-injury. Though it stings a little bit, I'm glad he moved on to be a productive players for the 49ers. Good dude that was one of my favorite Bills of all time.

And if I'm not mistaken, Spikes was a fantastic LB and a playmaker on defense. The fact that he got hurt doesn't lessen what he accomplished on the field. Hell, anyone can get hurt on any play causing them to miss a season. If Spikes doesn't get hurt vs. Atlanta, he probably would be known as one of the best Bills LB ever. He certainly was a fan favorite as well.

If Spikes never got hurt, he would have been the best LB in Bills history. He was amazing and arguably the best OLB pre-injury. Though it stings a little bit, I'm glad he moved on to be a productive players for the 49ers. Good dude that was one of my favorite Bills of all time.

Unfortunately you could say the same things about Sam Cowart and Damien Covington.

It worked out great, until TKO got hurt.

You're not actually comparing the signing of a priority UFA like Spikes to a salary cap casualty like PT, are you?

Personally, I think to get the most out of Maybin, you need to be creative in how you use him. Maybe as a rush end in pass situations and then when he gains more experience, a LB in rush situations.

And for as much crap as Jauron gets for not being creative, Roosevelt Colvin at OLB had back to back 10+ sack seasons under DJ in Chicago. Maybin has a higher ceiling so hopefully we use him properly.

I don't believe you'll see too much of Maybin at LB, unless of course you define any stand-up pass-rush position as a LB. I think he'll spend most of his time as a 3rd down pass rusher, since that's where he was most effective in college.

Some of the time, however, he'll stand up and rush when Buffalo goes to the "creep" formation (you know, that goofy one where everyone stands up about a yard off of the line of scrimmage).

I don't believe you'll see too much of Maybin at LB, unless of course you define any stand-up pass-rush position as a LB. I think he'll spend most of his time as a 3rd down pass rusher, since that's where he was most effective in college.

Some of the time, however, he'll stand up and rush when Buffalo goes to the "creep" formation (you know, that goofy one where everyone stands up about a yard off of the line of scrimmage).

Ya, that formation worked really well.

For about 2 plays.

I do think that Maybin will be used in obvious passing situations, and hopefully Fewell can be creative enough to exploit his talents.

In regards to Tinoisamoa, I suppose it will be about the $ more than anything. If the same amount of money is being offered he'd probably choose one of the 2 other teams.

Ya, that formation worked really well.

For about 2 plays.

I do think that Maybin will be used in obvious passing situations, and hopefully Fewell can be creative enough to exploit his talents.

In regards to Tinoisamoa, I suppose it will be about the $ more than anything. If the same amount of money is being offered he'd probably choose one of the 2 other teams.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of it either, but Fewell seems to really like using it in obvious passing situations.

And you're spot on about Pisa, it's totally about $$, which is fine with me...I'm a capitolist.

i don't care if the Bills sign him but he would surely be better than keith ellison

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-73/...ring-Bills.html

Not so fast...

Here's what KC Joyner says

Joyner is one of the best statistical analysts around. Last sentence of the article:

"But I don't think it would be a significant upgrade to their starting roster."

Looks like it's us & Da Bears...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Pisa Tinoisamoa-LB-Rams May. 20 - 5:53 pm et

The Philadelphia Daily News disputes an ESPN report that free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa is scheduled to visit the Eagles next week.

The fit seemed odd because Steve Spagnuolo deemed Tinoisamoa a poor fit for the Rams and Philadelphia runs the same scheme. Pisa remains an option for Buffalo and Chicago. He was at the Bears' facility on Wednesday.

The key here is to make it a situationwhere Pisa can still sign with us and make it seem like a win sitaution for him.....

Whatever we offered Pisa......add a small amount to it. Dont break the bank just add another incentive or something to show you want him.....then send a plane for him and get him out of Chicago.

Pisa fits our system...is a veteran guy who can make plays....and we have a need.

The key here is to make it a situationwhere Pisa can still sign with us and make it seem like a win sitaution for him.....

Whatever we offered Pisa......add a small amount to it. Dont break the bank just add another incentive or something to show you want him.....then send a plane for him and get him out of Chicago.

Pisa fits our system...is a veteran guy who can make plays....and we have a need.

I Agree 100%.