Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

The receivers were fine last year. Aside from Royal, nobody dropped the ball. The play calling went with short dumps and they couldn't unleash Lee Evans.

Talk like that makes me suspect you actually watched the games.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find odd is why did our receiving corp blow last year, yet this year all these quality guys are "buried" on the depth chart.

Evans and Reed were good last year.

And guys often make huge steps up between their first and second years (listen up, Hardy). Also, bringing in T.O. this year, well, it might well bury a guy or two.

Here's an indicator of how the nation's economy got so out of whack.

When I moved to Florida, I was preapproved for a mortgage that would have allowed me to buy 1 Deer Run. That was a red flag because there's no possible way I could have afforded that -- then or now.

Two years later, I'm at ESPN and making roughly 40 percent more than I did at the Palm Beach Post and have a credit score over 800. But I can't get qualified for a modest home in Tonawanda.

That, good sir, is a crime... and I own a house in Fl. and used to live in Tonawanda. I got a little sick in my throat reading this....

Good luck to you, and nice credit score!!

When I moved to Florida, I was preapproved for a mortgage that would have allowed me to buy 1 Deer Run. That was a red flag because there's no possible way I could have afforded that -- then or now.

You got that right. Lenders were tripping over themselves to 'give away' money!

Two years later, I'm at ESPN and making roughly 40 percent more than I did at the Palm Beach Post and have a credit score over 800. But I can't get qualified for a modest home in Tonawanda.

That's not surprising, Tonawanda is a much nicer and better place to live than Palm Beach, Florida.

That's not surprising, Tonawanda is a much nicer and better place to live than Palm Beach, Florida.

IMO, it has more to do with the fact the lenders who finance homes in Tonawanda actually want/expect to be paid back...

Tim, do you have any info on the situation wrt Vince Wilfork? Today, he called his missing the OTAs a "family decision." Do you think that this is a Jason Peters type situation?

To add a little TSW history, our friend R.Rich was screaming to draft this guy in 04. I know that he is hated here and with good reason, but imo he is top 5 in the NFL at his position. Putting him next to Stroud would instantly make ours a feared defense. It might even be hard for Jauron to screw things up.

I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Tim,

I loved your 'Observations from minicamp' notes on your ESPN page. Is that something we can expect pretty often? For those unaware, the link is here. Good to see them running the no-huddle and Trent looking good doing so.

When I'm there, that's the type of stuff I will try to report. But I'm off to Foxborough tomorrow morning. I'm hitting three minicamps this week.

When I'm there, that's the type of stuff I will try to report. But I'm off to Foxborough tomorrow morning. I'm hitting three minicamps this week.

What is worse, a week in Foxborough or a week at your inlaws?

Tim,

I loved your article about Trent Edwards and completely agree. People want the glamor of the QB position, but then don't want the scrutiny.

In my personal opinion, the Bills are top 5 in total offensive weapons. I know their O-Line is suspect, but I believe that the Mannings, Brady, Brees, Warner, and even Farve would have a field day with these guys and put up huge numbers.

For me, Trent has to prove he can take advantage of these weapons and prove he can stay healthy. If he misses even 2 games, I think he will have proven himself too much of a risk to put all our chips in.

In your opinion, or from what you hear, what does Trent have to do this year to prove himself "the guy" and get that contract extention?

Hey Tim - Maybe Marshawn was standing on the sidelines because he was practicing for his suspension. Seriously though enjoyed your minicamp notes an I hope Marshawn learns to take the high road.

Another reporter, I'd hate to name him because I don't want people to think they're always "on the record" when they're around me, said the same thing. He wondered aloud if the Bills were going for opening-day conditions.

Another reporter, I'd hate to name him because I don't want people to think they're always "on the record" when they're around me, said the same thing. He wondered aloud if the Bills were going for opening-day conditions.

This is the same day you said they ran the no-huddle the whole time, right? Veeeeery interesting...