Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read about LeBron James' NFL potential, Tim: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Now I know why you were looking up Rickey Dudley's stats. :blink:

Was the story your idea, or ESPN's? Either way, it's fun to speculate about him lining up against a 5-10, 180-pound CB.

While the writing was good, the topic was absolutely horrific. It was good to see Tim getting his article on the front page, but again, the topic was ridiculous. I was going to ask Tim if it was his turn to spin the wheel o' big market topics* at ESPN when selecting what to write about.

I'm hazarding a guess that the topics on this wheel are: (Red Sox, Yankees, LeBron, Kobe, newengland*, Dallas, and Brett Favre)

While the writing was good, the topic was absolutely horrific. It was good to see Tim getting his article on the front page, but again, the topic was ridiculous. I was going to ask Tim if it was his turn to spin the wheel o' big market topics* at ESPN when selecting what to write about.

I'm hazarding a guess that the topics on this wheel are: (Red Sox, Yankees, LeBron, Kobe, newengland*, Dallas, and Brett Favre)

Oh, c'mon. It's the NFL offseason, and Bron-Bron's (obviously) in the news. Tim's not allowed to have a little fun with this?

(But yeah, I see he's getting torched by the commenters over there for the same reason.)

Goes back to a discussion Wawrow and I had on one of the T.O. threads: if people weren't watching/reading those stories, the dreaded "media" wouldn't be spending time and resources on them. They are. So what's that tell you?

(Edit: I see there's a separate thread on the piece. I'll take my opinions out there for any further discussion, instead of hijacking this one.)

But, perhaps, not others.

It's your thread. And I agree.

Does this mean you two have made up? Is the TG poster going back on the wall??

...or can we get a few more pages out of your feelings on the weather?

Oh, c'mon. It's the NFL offseason, and Bron-Bron's (obviously) in the news. Tim's not allowed to have a little fun with this?

(But yeah, I see he's getting torched by the commenters over there for the same reason.)

Goes back to a discussion Wawrow and I had on one of the T.O. threads: if people weren't watching/reading those stories, the dreaded "media" wouldn't be spending time and resources on them. They are. So what's that tell you?

(Edit: I see there's a separate thread on the piece. I'll take my opinions out there for any further discussion, instead of hijacking this one.)

For the record, Tim, I was one of the ones defending the article. I liked it. ESPN is too rah-rah LeBron, but this is something I'd love to see come to fruition and I can't even stand the NBA.

I had a lot of fun writing it. I didn't think the topic was bad at all. Not one of the people I interviewed told me it was ridiculous or laughed at me: Randy Moss, Bill Parcells, Jets scouting veep Joey Clinkscales, Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees ...

I'll admit I was apprehensive when I started making the calls, but the more people I talked to, the more I learned how highly LeBron was thought of as a football player.

I had a lot of fun writing it. I didn't think the topic was bad at all. Not one of the people I interviewed told me it was ridiculous or laughed at me: Randy Moss, Bill Parcells, Jets scouting veep Joey Clinkscales, Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees ...

I'll admit I was apprehensive when I started making the calls, but the more people I talked to, the more I learned how highly LeBron was thought of as a football player.

So who has the inside track on signing LeBron? Browns? Pats*? Git'r dun, Russ!

PTR

I thought you two had made up and then you start in with the insults. You need to be the bigger man here.

That's not an insult. Everybody pees.

Two sport player? Sanders did, Jackson did, why not James and Bryant.

Too much of an overlap between the two seasons, I think. The majority of the baseball season is played when the other sports are off. (Or at least it used to be, before the World Series started dragging on toward Halloween ...)

Too much of an overlap between the two seasons, I think. The majority of the baseball season is played when the other sports are off. (Or at least it used to be, before the World Series started dragging on toward Halloween ...)

I was joking.

I thought you two had made up and then you start in with the insults. You need to be the bigger man here.

Deerball, stop pissing people off!!!

Just an interesting point that may help people win a bar bet. The only two days a year that none of the four major sports play a game is the day before and the day after baseball's All Star game.

Two sport player? Sanders did, Jackson did, why not James and Bryant.

No one I can recall ever made the NFL their second sport, starting elsewhere then going to the NFL. Now if LeBron James doubed in the NHL that would REALLY impress me!

PTR