Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

No one I can recall ever made the NFL their second sport, starting elsewhere then going to the NFL. Now if LeBron James doubed in the NHL that would REALLY impress me!

PTR

Ace Parker, but you are probably only referring to players within the last 15-20 years. He started playing pro baseball and then went to the NFL (playing both).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Keith Ellison was so bad last season, do you think there is a chance he gets cut outright, even if we don't sign Pisa T?

I know they're not overly excited to have him as a starter, so I would imagine John Digorgio, Pat Thomas, Alvin Bowen and maybe to a lesser degree Nic Harris will all have an opportunity to challenge for the job. If the guy has proven to be a mediocre starter, what is the value of keeping him around as a backup? I know he has "experience", but if his experiences are bad, what value is that?

If Keith Ellison was so bad last season, do you think there is a chance he gets cut outright, even if we don't sign Pisa T?

I know they're not overly excited to have him as a starter, so I would imagine John Digorgio, Pat Thomas, Alvin Bowen and maybe to a lesser degree Nic Harris will all have an opportunity to challenge for the job. If the guy has proven to be a mediocre starter, what is the value of keeping him around as a backup? I know he has "experience", but if his experiences are bad, what value is that?

He will be on someones roster in 2009.

Is Bowen, a 5th rounder with a torn up knee and zero experience, really more of a keeper than Keith Ellison? Experience does count for something and so does health, Ellison is a solid reserve guy.

Ellison is a serviceable player and, I assume without looking up his money, affordable as a late-round pick. I would be shocked if the Bills cut him.

Ellison is a serviceable player and, I assume without looking up his money, affordable as a late-round pick. I would be shocked if the Bills cut him.

His salary this year (the last of his contract, I think) is just over $1 Mil. Baring something very unusual happening, Keith will be a Bill no matter who they sign, and will see plenty of PT.

If there was one player that you could have a guaronteed contract with during the off season that is or was available at some point for the Bills 2009 season who would you have gotten, and why?

Tom Brady. Just because

If there was one player that you could have a guaronteed contract with during the off season that is or was available at some point for the Bills 2009 season who would you have gotten, and why?

When you say available, do you mean simply on the market, or would the player have to be interested in Buffalo as well for the sake of this discussion?

If the former, I will say center Jason Brown because of his youth over Matt Birk.

If the latter, and we go by the players who visited, none of the ones they missed out on do much for me. Had they not signed Terrell Owens, then my answer might be Laveranues Coles.

I don't recall him being available at any point this offseason. But maybe I missed when the Patriots waived him.

You didn't say that, you said name the one player. In terms of guys that were avail to us, I think TO was pretty good actually, or there was a great LT avail named Jason Peters. Philly snapped him up, though, before we could get to him.

I don't recall him being available at any point this offseason. But maybe I missed when the Patriots waived him.

Oops I read it again, I guess you did say that. My bad. Then TO or Peters would have been best. 1 for 2.

Gotta be Haynesworth. Imagine he and Stroud on the inside, Schobel and Maybin on the outside. Thats money.

Instead we have "Mr. Invisible" Kyle Williams at the most pivotal position on a defense.

I guess you don't want to tackle running backs on the outside.

Have you had much luck house hunting?

(Forgive me if I missed it earlier in the thread)

Things are not going well. The housing market in Buffalo is hot, with properties getting multiple offers days after they hit the market. With me being so far away, I don't stand a chance. By the time my agent alerts me to something and I would have a chance to take a look at it, it's sold.

That's a great sign for Buffalo, a bad one for me.

Things are not going well. The housing market in Buffalo is hot, with properties getting multiple offers days after they hit the market. With me being so far away, I don't stand a chance. By the time my agent alerts me to something and I would have a chance to take a look at it, it's sold.

That's a great sign for Buffalo, a bad one for me.

I had a similar experience buying in the Rochester area last summer. I was not from the area and was living 2 hours away at the time. Once we got past May and into June, the pace of the sales slowed down enough that we found a house that my wife and I wanted and was on the market long enough for us to snatch it up.