Levi Jones is looking for Jason Peters Money!

Not sure if you saw it on ESPN with John Clayton.

Levi Jones agent is looking for near Jason Peters new contract with the Eagles, yet he was never selected for the Pro Bowl, not one time!

Jones last deal was for $40 mil over 6 years with the Bengals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levi_Jones

Crazy, the guy was waived!

Something stinks here, why would the Bengals just waive a top LT???

Surly they tried to trade him first.....

Either his agent is crazy or somebody is not as great a player as he thinks he is!

If the Bills are even thinking about matching this contract they are freakin crazy!

Excuse me while I go outside and barf against the tree!

If that is true then a few things:

Just because he wants it doesn't mean he will get it.

Might explain why the flight to Seattle was called off.

He will sit out there for awhile if that is his asking price. Then maybe once some injuries happen the phone will ring. Even then however i can not see any team signing him to a contract that is not very incentive ladden. His health has been a concern for the last two seasons. Now if he stays healthy, starts, plays very good, and his team does well, then he could probably make 7-9 a year. But those are a lot of variables.

Either way i am kind of glad. I really dont think the Bills need or want him. They have 4 guys on the roster right now that can play tackle. He would eat up a lot of cash and not sure he is worth it.

Levi Jones agent is looking for near Jason Peters new contract with the Eagles, yet he was never selected for the Pro Bowl, not one time!....If the Bills are even thinking about matching this contract they are freakin crazy!

:oops: The Bills thinking about matching this contract? Now that's the funniest "possibility" anyone's ever written out here. Hey, no worries there, DIE HARD, the Bills won't be matching big Levi's contract demands anytime soon!

He will sit out there for awhile if that is his asking price. Then maybe once some injuries happen the phone will ring. Even then however i can not see any team signing him to a contract that is not very incentive ladden. His health has been a concern for the last two seasons. Now if he stays healthy, starts, plays very good, and his team does well, then he could probably make 7-9 a year. But those are a lot of variables.

Either way i am kind of glad. I really dont think the Bills need or want him. They have 4 guys on the roster right now that can play tackle. He would eat up a lot of cash and not sure he is worth it.

If a team with Super Bowl potential has such an injury, I could see them renting him, otherwise a team would be better off giving a young guy an opportunity......................for much less money. A diamond in the rough may be unearthed this way, rather than paying top dollar for an over the hill average player.

Levi Jones agent is looking for near Jason Peters new contract with the Eagles, yet he was never selected for the Pro Bowl, not one time!

Jones last deal was for $40 mil over 6 years with the Bengals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levi_Jones

Crazy, the guy was waived!

Something stinks here, why would the Bengals just waive a top LT???

Surly they tried to trade him first.....

Either his agent is crazy or somebody is not as great a player as he thinks he is!

If the Bills are even thinking about matching this contract they are freakin crazy!

Excuse me while I go outside and barf against the tree!

the bengals can stink just the same and save 10 mil/yr

lol. A paraplegic mongoloid could be called a tackle if you really wanted to, but to suggest the Bills have adequate talent at the position is just absurd. In fact, it is plain stupid.

lol. A paraplegic mongoloid could be called a tackle if you really wanted to, but to suggest the Bills have adequate talent at the position is just absurd. In fact, it is plain stupid.

heeey leve paraplegik mondoloids lik meee alllon

You know, I hate the NFL more and more every day!

GREED!

Greed is only one quarter of Levi's problem. Delusionality (if there is such a word) is a bigger part of the problem. While it appears that he has a leg to stand on now, no pun intended. There would've been many more teams inquiring about him. If he was all that then the Bungles could have gotten at least a seventh rounder for him. Philly was willing to give up a lot more for Peters and pay him what he wanted. Levi's been lickin Dev's frog if he thinks he's in Peter's area code.

I think reality will slap him the face big time when he finally learns that there are only a handful of teams interested in him, and all of those teams aren't going to give him close to that amount of moulah. He'll probably have to come back to some team with his tail between his legs begging.

orlando pace got a 3 year 15 mil deal and thats where we start negotiating. 5 year 25 mil

:cry:

Wow. O.k

First of all the Bills have Walker, Butler, Chambers, and Bell. Bell is very much so an unknown, i will give you that. But Walker and Chambers both played LT when Peters sorry butt was out of shape. Walker obviously can play RT, he has done so for two years with Buffalo. Butler played RT in college, is the perfect size, and is very intelligent. So picking up the slide over to outside, would not be a stretch for him.

Your remarks, although funny, are the real absurdity. Try thinking a little before posting. It will help with your credibility when you actually have something good to say.

Wow. O.k

First of all the Bills have Walker, Butler, Chambers, and Bell. Bell is very much so an unknown, i will give you that. But Walker and Chambers both played LT when Peters sorry butt was out of shape. Walker obviously can play RT, he has done so for two years with Buffalo. Butler played RT in college, is the perfect size, and is very intelligent. So picking up the slide over to outside, would not be a stretch for him.

Your remarks, although funny, are the real absurdity. Try thinking a little before posting. It will help with your credibility when you actually have something good to say.

Butler played right tackle in college, and was so "impressive", the Bills drafted him in the 6th round. I know that with O-Linemen, some 5th, 6th 7th rounders and free agents end up having great careers and make Pro Bowls. But Brad Butler has not distinguished himself as one of those guys yet. Walker is an average right tackle at best. Chambers is an absolute nobody, and Bell is a 7th round undistinguished player, who has never started a game in the NFL.

Your credibility rating is not too high, being so optimistic about this group of tackles.

Butler played right tackle in college, and was so "impressive", the Bills drafted him in the 6th round. I know that with O-Linemen, some 5th, 6th 7th rounders and free agents end up having great careers and make Pro Bowls. But Brad Butler has not distinguished himself as one of those guys yet. Walker is an average right tackle at best. Chambers is an absolute nobody, and Bell is a 7th round undistinguished player, who has never started a game in the NFL.

Your credibility rating is not too high, being so optimistic about this group of tackles.

And yet how many 1st round picks go to the Pro Bowl? Your logic suggests they all should. :doh:

PTR

Nah, he would sit out and cry like a baby

Either that or he'd become one of the top 3 tackles in the game, remain SILENT during his holdout (a fact that somehow goes un-noticed with all the Peters mythology that gets thrown around here), then get traded to a sound organization that wins 10 games and makes the playoffs practically every year this decade, and get paid like one of the top players in the league.

Man, do I love revisionist history!

Has Butler performed since he has been in the league? Yes he has. Other then a few injuries, he has been one of the better Olineman the Bills have had. So because he was drafted in the 6th round he will suck at tackle? When we just got done watching an undrafted guy play LT for the Bills?

Right now you can either be optimistic or pessimistic about the up comming season. I choose optimism. Waaaaay more fun.

Why is Levi looking for Peters Money? Is this like searching for Curly's Gold?

It's called negotiation.

Peters said at first that he wouldn't sign for less than Jake Long money. Then they said that negotiations would start at 11 mill. Then he signed for $10. This is what happens in ordinary negotiations.

First one guy names a figure that's too high. The other guy goes too low. They meet in the middle, or not.

It's not a big deal, and is not to be taken literally, just like Peters's statements. It's just business.

There are some observers (Jim Kelly among them) who felt that Brad Butler was the Bills' best offensive lineman last year.

It's called negotiation.

Peters said at first that he wouldn't sign for less than Jake Long money. Then they said that negotiations would start at 11 mill. Then he signed for $10. This is what happens in ordinary negotiations.

First one guy names a figure that's too high. The other guy goes too low. They meet in the middle, or not.

It's not a big deal, and is not to be taken literally, just like Peters's statements. It's just business.

Yep.

You know what would be funny? If the Bills actually did sign the guy for Peters money.

That sound you would here would be the TBD server exploding in a mushrooom cloud.

You know what would be funny? If the Bills actually did sign the guy for Peters money.

That sound you would here would be the TBD server exploding in a mushrooom cloud.

That, or go from gotta-have darling to injury-prone over-priced chump to the anchor of the NFL's best offensive line. Like our defensive backs this year, or the LB corps last year.

Before TO: Coles is our man, he's tops! The FO has to pull the trigger!

After TO: Coles is an over-priced POS.

Either that or he'd become one of the top 3 tackles in the game, remain SILENT during his holdout (a fact that somehow goes un-noticed with all the Peters mythology that gets thrown around here), then get traded to a sound organization that wins 10 games and makes the playoffs practically every year this decade, and get paid like one of the top players in the league.

I do have to agree that Peters did not whine at all, in fact he said nothing except that he had an agent and his agent was good, nd he was listening.

A fact (that his agent is good) borne out by his current situation, on a good team, with the right money.

Of course, he did not mention that the guy on the other side of the negotiating table was BAD at it, intern Brandon, who is so far out of his league when deaing with professional agents it is not even funny.

I think that your post is the revisionist history. Peters was under contract and refused to attend mandatory camps as well as the preseason. He wasn't ready for the regular season and that obviously hurt the team. All of this was done in order to get more money. As an incentive for getting the Bills to renegotiate his contract early and pay him at the top of the league for his position, he offered... nada. His approach was, "either give me what I want for nothing in return, or I will only put forth the minimum effort even though am under contract and I don't care if it hurts the team."

If the Bills would've paid him it would've set the franchise back 10 years in terms of their negotiations with their other players. Any player with a good season would be demanding renegotiation and holding out. That's no way to build good team chemistry or a winning team. Can you imagine the Patriots or Steelers agreeing to something like that?

Peters is a very strong player, but the Bills had no choice in my opinion. He basically forced them to trade him.