The Machine that is Brett Favre...

Per SI.com

* 08:07 AM ET 05.03

One NFL source insists Brett Favre can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota. "Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play."

New York Daily News

Who wants to bet he ends up in Minnesota, within the month?....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't doubt it. The thing is, the way irony works, he would probably end up getting a career ending injury against his old team. Can you imagine Kampman ending his career with a "Brady-esque" knee shot?

Per SI.com

One NFL source insists Brett Favre can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota. "Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play."

New York Daily News

Don't the Jets have to give up a bunch more draft picks if he goes to an NFC North team? The Jets must have assurances that he is done or they would not have cut him.

Don't the Jets have to give up a bunch more draft picks if he goes to an NFC North team? The Jets must have assurances that he is done or they would not have cut him.

They cut bait, he's free to do what he wants.

#1) Idk why this stuff gets posted on here because who cares

2) IMO he's the best QB ever so i don't get the hate unless everyone is jelious that he did something the almighty kelly could not..win a SB :wallbash:

Can't wait to see the replies

Didn't this asshat embarrass himself enough last season by murdering the Jets playoff chances and their coach's job?

I hope signs with the Vikes and get beat 47-0 in Lambeau while throwing 6 picks.

#1) Idk why this stuff gets posted on here because who cares

2) IMO he's the best QB ever so i don't get the hate unless everyone is jelious that he did something the almighty kelly could not..win a SB :P

Can't wait to see the replies

Best QB ever???? That is ridiculous!! :wallbash:

Per SI.com

New York Daily News

If there is any truth to this it is just sad. Don't the Jets retain his rights?

If there is any truth to this it is just sad. Don't the Jets retain his rights?

He was officially released last week.

IMO he's the best QB ever

:wallbash:

Let me guess, "ever" goes back to 1990 in your world.

Playing half his games in a dome in the NFC North with an incredible run game and an offense he is familiar with. It is a perfect fit for him...plus it is where he wanted to go last year anyway. He still has enough in the tank for a couple more years under those conditions.

If he still wants to play, then by all means play.

Per SI.com

New York Daily News

What a POS.

1) Go out with some dignity like Kelly did.

2) I still think you're lame for giving Strahan that fake sack for the record.

Playing half his games in a dome in the NFC North with an incredible run game and an offense he is familiar with. It is a perfect fit for him...plus it is where he wanted to go last year anyway. He still has enough in the tank for a couple more years under those conditions.

If he still wants to play, then by all means play.

Yes he should still play. I don't have a problem with it. I'd take him in Denver. But I think people are tired of him.

He shouldn't retire if he still wants to play. He should make it be known that he wants to play regards of what anyone thinks. The media and the league have been pushing him to retire. My thing is . . . he never said he wanted to quit. The media just hounded him until he retired. He should have said I'm not retiring . . . get over it.

Statistically yes he is. I dont think i can remember a guy that played the game with the love and enthusiasm that Brett did, but sometimes you have to know when to quit to preserve your legacy. Think of Emmitt in a Cards uniform, or Johnny Unitas as a washed up Charger. Walk away with grace and dignity.

You know the vikings qb situation is bad when a 40 year old washed up bret farve who is coming off of surgery is by far a better option than all of the qb's on their roster. If i were a vikes fan i would want bret but as a game manager much like he was in his last year at green bay when they were one game away from the super bowl

What a POS.

Kelly?? The only difference between Kelly and Farve is Farve chose not to take the money.

What a POS.

IIRC, Kelly did work out for the Ravens and Marchibroda (i believe) convinced Jim it was time to hang them up.

He was officially released last week.

:wallbash:

Let me guess, "ever" goes back to 1990 in your world.

ooo his stats say otherwise and he has a SB bowl ring so yea i'll throw him up with the best ever..as in ever

you apparently haven't watched very many packers games because he's really really good/ or was

Per SI.com

New York Daily News

Favre is a tremendous Jack-ass! If this report is true then he's doing everything he can to ruin his legacy in GB. Get over yourself Bretty. It seems he really thinks he could screw the Packers over and come back on any whim at any time. The fact that GB made a logical decision shouldn't piss the guy off. He's such an ego maniac he disgusts me. If he had retired at the end of the2007 season his legacy and his adulation in Green Bay would've been sealed. He's ruining everything he's worked for and if he goes to Minnesota it will really throw a wrench in his legacy. JMO

Statistically yes he is. I dont think i can remember a guy that played the game with the love and enthusiasm that Brett did, but sometimes you have to know when to quit to preserve your legacy. Think of Emmitt in a Cards uniform, or Johnny Unitas as a washed up Charger. Walk away with grace and dignity.

Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Joe Montana and Kurt Warner might disagree. They are all in Favre's league for love and enthusiasm for the game. JMO

Favre is a tremendous Jack-ass! If this report is true then he's doing everything he can to ruin his legacy in GB. Get over yourself Bretty. It seems he really thinks he could screw the Packers over and come back on any whim at any time. The fact that GB made a logical decision shouldn't piss the guy off. He's such an ego maniac he disgusts me. If he had retired at the end of the2007 season his legacy and his adulation in Green Bay would've been sealed. He's ruining everything he's worked for and if he goes to Minnesota it will really throw a wrench in his legacy. JMO

Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Joe Montana and Kurt Warner might disagree. They are all in Favre's league for love and enthusiasm for the game. JMO

I dont think i can remember a guy that played the game with the love and enthusiasm that Brett did.....I didnt see it in him last year.

I wish Brett would do everybody a Favre and retire for good. Enough already!! :P

Very funny.

That's when you're supposed to say who's better. Of the guys a bit older, Elway and Young are certainly in Favre's class. Of the guys a bit younger Manning and Brady have an argument. Warner and Big Ben are not there yet IMO. But there have been so many great QB's in NFL history.

I hope he comes back. Watching Brett Favre play this game has always been a pleasure...nothings changed.

Mostly true point.

You know the vikings qb situation is bad when a 40 year old washed up bret farve who is coming off of surgery is by far a better option than all of the qb's on their roster. If i were a vikes fan i would want bret but as a game manager much like he was in his last year at green bay when they were one game away from the super bowl

And what's the chances that Childress would be able to control Favre? Remember how Marino was in Miami? Seemed like he took the team away from Shula at some point. They could never run the ball nor did they try. I think Favre has the same sort of ego. I mean all that drama the last few years with him...

Favre is old news now. He isn't enertaining to me. I lost respect for him in the past year or so. I think he hurts the game more than he helps it by coming back again.

I think he hurts himself more than he hurts the game. The game will always be there and it's way bigger than any one player.

I don't blame him for wanting to play. The media is at fault for FAVRE ticker on ESPN2.

Thank you someone that gets it.....

This guy F'in plays NFL football and has a passion for the game, If he wants to play, who are you pass judgenment.

I'm sick of all these politically correct D-Bags, Who cares how he does it.

Now if it was Tom Brady I would be rippin on him or any cow girl or cheatriot player or coach for that matter lol

If throwing the most interceptions in NFL history is considered the stat that you go by then yes he is the best QB in history. He is great. Ill give it that. But stats dont mean everything. I would easily put Elway above Farve.

Very funny.

That's when you're supposed to say who's better. Of the guys a bit older, Elway and Young are certainly in Favre's class. Of the guys a bit younger Manning and Brady have an argument. Warner and Big Ben are not there yet IMO. But there have been so many great QB's in NFL history.

Good point....here's my list of who I think was better than Favre:

In no particular order off the top of my head; Elway, Montanna, Peyton Manning, Marino, Steve Young, Johnny U. There are definitely more from past eras.

I care. I think Favre playing QB for Minnesota twice this upcoming season is a lot more interesting than Sage Rosenfels or Tavaris Jackson at the helm. :wallbash:

Wouldn't it make Berrian. Harvin, and Peterson more valuable in fantasy leagues if they actually had a QB in Minnesota?

This also concerns me in terms of the NFL turning into a sideshow.

Favre is washed up, but he will sell tickets. Sanchez came out of nowhere in the last month before the draft and was the #5 pick. I don't know if he is any good, but he will sell PSLs, ya know?

Btw, I disagree, but people probably use this analogy wrt the Bills and TO.

I just hope that it all works for us.

Good point....here's my list of who I think was better than Favre:

In no particular order off the top of my head; Elway, Montanna, Peyton Manning, Marino, Steve Young, Johnny U. There are definitely more from past eras.

Bolded = you have to be kidding there is no way the are/were better qb's

I'll give you that an argument could be made for elway and montana...farve kicked young's ass pretty much every time they went head to head except for that one playoff game when TO finally decided to catch the ball

I'll give you that an argument could be made for elway and montana...farve kicked young's ass pretty much every time they went head to head except for that one playoff game when TO finally decided to catch the ball

Unitas isn't better than Favre? What about Graham?

I would have to say that is your opinion. Payton and Brady will probobly both break passing records and TD records that are held by #4. They will probobly do it without playing 20 years and throwing 300 ints too.

It really depends on opinion at this point. You say Favre, and others can say Montana, Young, Elway, Unitas, Graham. Quit thinking your opinion is the only one worth listening to. They are all greats and could all be considered to be #1.