Guy on Billszone claiming he works for the Bills...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fear is not that any of the coaches could mess it up, it's that Albert will mess it up with another transgression or possibly not being motivated after becoming the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

That's the risk.

------------------------------------------------------

when your born nasty you stay nasty

FTR, I saw that thread on BZ when it was first posted and thought about linking it here, but knew the reactions it would get. I agree with all of it, although the poster revealing who the Bills would draft was pretty dumb and could get him/her fired. But the Bills wanting Haynesworth and Saturday and getting them are 2 different things.

So most of you are still in favor of making him the highest paid defensive player in the league?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3903573

He said that the starting point for his new contract would be the 6 year, $72 million deal with a guaranteed $30 million signing bonus given to Dwight Freeney. He wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

So in view of his continued off the field problems:

Two speeding incidents, one involving personal injury, both within the last year

kicking Titan teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest in 2007

Stomping on Andre Gurode's head in 2006

Two arrest warrants stemming from a traffic stop in Putnam County in 2006 (his lawyers made go away)

Attempting to attack a teammate with a pole at the University of Tennessee

And in view of Marshawn's latest foibles, everyone is in favor of bringing Haynesworth here?

Or put differently, if you were the GM of the Bills, this is a guy you would make the league's highest paid defensive player?

When Haynesworth stomped on Gurode's head it disgusted me but I've changed my mind since then. This would be a welcomed attitude change for this team. No more nice guys please. I would love to see the Bills be a bunch of nasty, head stomping maniacs that are looking to taking no prisoners. We have players that think that they are thugs off the field but play like pansies on it. I say let's go get players that will at least play with some violence on the field. I'm tired of the fundraising players that have been making up our roster over the last several years. We don't need anymore boyscouts, we need some green beret mentality.

Bogdan is listed as a VP and assistant director of college scouting on the Bills webpage. Aside from being the owner's daughter, I'm not sure she qualifies for anything more than being a family member.

There's plenty of nepotism to go around in the NFL. But normally those family members are not in personnel positions which should be earned by working up from the scouting ranks. Perhaps the only exception is Chris Polian in Indianapolis who has not been allowed to speak with other teams about executive positions.

It angers me that 16 years ago, Linda Bogdan had a hand in BP's firing. Regardless of whether Trader Bill was crude, it remains one of the darkest moments in team history. BP may not be the nicest guy, but his teams win while the Bills have been stuck in neutral since the last of his picks left in the late 90s.

Bogdan is listed as a VP and assistant director of college scouting on the Bills webpage. Aside from being the owner's daughter, I'm not sure she qualifies for anything more than being a family member.

There's plenty of nepotism to go around in the NFL. But normally those family members are not in personnel positions which should be earned by working up from the scouting ranks. Perhaps the only exception is Chris Polian in Indianapolis who has not been allowed to speak with other teams about executive positions.

It angers me that 16 years ago, Linda Bogdan had a hand in BP's firing. Regardless of whether Trader Bill was crude, it remains one of the darkest moments in team history. BP may not be the nicest guy, but his teams win while the Bills have been stuck in neutral since the last of his picks left in the late 90s.

Trust me, it sucks Polian was fired but what kind of father would you be if you let another man insult your daughter just so you can win? That would be pretty pathetic if you ask me. And obviously, Polian is one of the best in the business but the cupboard was hardly bare when he left (butler and Smith).

Trust me, it sucks Polian was fired but what kind of father would you be if you let another man insult your daughter just so you can win? That would be pretty pathetic if you ask me. And obviously, Polian is one of the best in the business but the cupboard was hardly bare when he left (butler and Smith).

This is precisely the reason why you should not mix family and business.

When Haynesworth stomped on Gurode's head it disgusted me but I've changed my mind since then. This would be a welcomed attitude change for this team. No more nice guys please. I would love to see the Bills be a bunch of nasty, head stomping maniacs that are looking to taking no prisoners. We have players that think that they are thugs off the field but play like pansies on it. I say let's go get players that will at least play with some violence on the field. I'm tired of the fundraising players that have been making up our roster over the last several years. We don't need anymore boyscouts, we need some green beret mentality.

Amazing what a perennial All World player can do to change people's opinions.

Having said that,

I would love to have Haynesworth.

It would cost us though!

ALOT!!!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170098

ALSO, here is what the NFL is saying in regards to Marshawn's arrest:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/16/...epeat-offender/

None of this is a surprise and i would not doubt for a minute that some of it, part of it or none of it were true. Every NFL team leaks misinformation regarding their plans.

This is precisely the reason why you should not mix family and business.

Finally, I am in complete agreement with something you've posted. And as usual, C.Biscuit falls one painfully short step from the point. Knowing why you should not mix family and business to start with makes it easier to deal with such conflict when it inevitably happens(family and business will mix). It was Ralph's job to be above that nonsense, resolve the matter and let time heal the wound before he lost the incredibly valuable, respected leader of his business. A 70 year old businessman who had seen so little on field success in this particular business prior to hiring Polian should have known better.

Depends. Was his daughter being a !@#$?

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to your kids is having someone else tell them when they're being a retard. Two of the biggest problems we have in this society is the "new" belief that only parents should be allowed to hurt their kid's feelings and that you MUST come to your kid's defense in every situation.

Ralph screwed up royally and he's been paying for it ever since.

Depends. Was his daughter being a !@#$?

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to your kids is having someone else tell them when they're being a retard. Two of the biggest problems we have in this society is the "new" belief that only parents should be allowed to hurt their kid's feelings and that you MUST come to your kid's defense in every situation.

Ralph screwed up royally and he's been paying for it ever since.

I agree with your overall sentiment, but if another man insulted one of my kids, I'm going upside their head.