If the Bills were a super hero, which one would they be...

Big Bills Fan

We are a terrible team right now and yet this season hinges on two out of three games. Despite being as bad as we are we could easily have take 2 wins out of the following three games and be in the thick of it:

Miami @ Miami: 16-7 lead in the third quarter. A stretch/fumble by Trent for a first down on third and an interception in our own end doomed us. We play with a lead and hold it, it's in the bag.

Cleveland: The opposing kicker hits a 56 yarder on a 30 degree night and we miss a 47 yarder, are you kidding me? We won't get in the 3 1st quarter ints.

San Fran at home: Lindell misses two field goals (I still can't even talk about the first one), the opposing guy hits a 50 yarder on a fumble at the end of the half. In a terrible game a nine point swing would have been huge.

The irony is that the difference between a bad team and one that finds ways to win is about 5 plays in this whole season. It's a scary thought that for as bad as we are, we'd be in it in the AFC West and certainly parts of the NFC.

The moral of this story is that Luck Favors the Prepared. We are clearly not prepared to be a good team no matter how badly the team or Bills Nation wants it; you can practically feel the weight of that desire in the way we play, especially with a lead. I look forward to the day when our DESIRE to be a good team is equaled by our ability TO BE a good team.

- BBF

We are a terrible team right now and yet this season hinges on two out of three games. Despite being as bad as we are we could easily have take 2 wins out of the following three games and be in the thick of it:

Miami @ Miami: 16-7 lead in the third quarter. A stretch/fumble by Trent for a first down on third and an interception in our own end doomed us. We play with a lead and hold it, it's in the bag.

Cleveland: The opposing kicker hits a 56 yarder on a 30 degree night and we miss a 47 yarder, are you kidding me? We won't get in the 3 1st quarter ints.

San Fran at home: Lindell misses two field goals (I still can't even talk about the first one), the opposing guy hits a 50 yarder on a fumble at the end of the half. In a terrible game a nine point swing would have been huge.

The irony is that the difference between a bad team and one that finds ways to win is about 5 plays in this whole season. It's a scary thought that for as bad as we are, we'd be in it in the AFC West and certainly parts of the NFC.

The moral of this story is that Luck Favors the Prepared. We are clearly not prepared to be a good team no matter how badly the team or Bills Nation wants it; you can practically feel the weight of that desire in the way we play, especially with a lead. I look forward to the day when our DESIRE to be a good team is equaled by our ability TO BE a good team.

- BBF

It actually looked like we might finally BE that team this year. We were actually finding ways to win games when we weren't playing all that well and were behind in the 4th quarter. Boy, did THAT mirage evaporate in a hurry.

- BBF

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO- they always look bad at what they are tring to do but one of these days in the end the will triumph

Wil E Coyote...

everytime they think they have their prey in their hands, they end up off the edge of the cliff with a crazy expression of "huh!?!?!?" and then wave bye bye before crashing and burning...

and just like Wil E Coyote, they are gluttons for punishment, repeating the same thing over and over every year