advice on controlling girl beater

Pete

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the sweetest girl and we are great friends and she lives with this POS control freak who beats the hell out of her. She is trying to move in with me, but scared to leave. She packed her stuff and was ready to move in this morning- and he was pissed. I spoke with her this AM, and have not heard from her since. She is afraid he is going to kill me. This POS smashed all her cell phones, does not let her out of the house, except for work, he takes her money. This girl is scared shitless of him. I really like her a lot and try and help. The only way I can speak with her is by visiting her at work- which I do frequently. Her best friend lives next door and he will not even allow her to speak with her friend.

What to do? It is a horrible situation. I appreciate any advice

Call the cops ive seen stuff like this before but with parents beating their kids they hate me for it but i called the cops on thier ass.

Taking her in isnt the best idea especailly if he has friends around that can keep an eye on you if hes not around. Help her find a place and be around some to protect her but dont let her live with you. Thats better for both of you

Thanks for the responses. I am convinced this kid is going to go on a killing spree when she leaves. He fits the profile of a serial killer to a T- and I have seen his uncontrollable temper many times the past year. I need to get this girl safe. Right now I am thinking about bolting with her to a friends house out of state and laying low for a couple months, until everything passes over. The first place he is going to go to after he finds out she left is my place. Right now I am going down to the police department to speak with them

And those people are the police not you.

I kinda agree, I may take her in but I would definately get the police involved. Their trained professionals. They probably handle this kind of thing all the time.

I agree with your post. Good people need to get involved. She is most definitely worth fighting for! And I saw the look on her face after he terrorized her one time- and it was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I cry whenever I think about it. After that I feel it is my duty to help this girl and be her guardian angel.

The Chef is a wise man. There is a lot more to this story. First of all, why is she with this guy in the first place? What else is in her background? Have you even asked yourself this in a serious way? There is obviously something lacking, something you, as a "guardian angel," are ill equipped to give her. Oh.......abused women are almost always insecure, and even the hottest ones are often looking for a "savior" of sorts. Trust me on this.

Pete, I'm sorry to say that I have seen many a "guardian angel" go down in flames. Don't be starry eyed young man. Refer her to the authorities (she should have done this already by herself). Then, refer her to counselling (lots of women's groups out there). Next, run for the hills in terms of being involved.

Sorry, but we have posted back and forth for years, and I think that you deserve to hear the truth.

The Chef is a wise man. There is a lot more to this story. First of all, why is she with this guy in the first place? What else is in her background? Have you even asked yourself this in a serious way? There is obviously something lacking, something you, as a "guardian angel," are ill equipped to give her. Oh.......abused women are almost always insecure, and even the hottest ones are often looking for a "savior" of sorts. Trust me on this.

Pete, I'm sorry to say that I have seen many a "guardian angel" go down in flames. Don't be starry eyed young man. Refer her to the authorities (she should have done this already by herself). Then, refer her to counselling (lots of women's groups out there). Next, run for the hills in terms of being involved.

Sorry, but we have posted back and forth for years, and I think that you deserve to hear the truth.

i have to agree with all of this. Trying to be a savior never works out for the saver. This girl i tried to rescue for hi sparents just dumped me for some 27 year old who lives in his parents basement (shes 19) Her reasoning was i was too nice and too consistent. that hurt

Thanks for the responses. I am convinced this kid is going to go on a killing spree when she leaves. He fits the profile of a serial killer to a T- and I have seen his uncontrollable temper many times the past year. I need to get this girl safe. Right now I am thinking about bolting with her to a friends house out of state and laying low for a couple months, until everything passes over. The first place he is going to go to after he finds out she left is my place. Right now I am going down to the police department to speak with them

What a crazy fuggin situation.........this is why I own a Benelli M4. Seriously no need to take off for a couple months, just go buy a shotgun.

I kinda agree, I may take her in but I would definately get the police involved. Their trained professionals. They probably handle this kind of thing all the time.

In most cases, the police do not prevent crimes, they respond to them after they happen. I would absolutely contact them and start documenting the incidents, but don't fool yourself by thinking that will keep the girl safe. If you get involved in this situation be prepared to defend yourself by any means necessary. If you are not prepared for that, get her help and keep your distance.

i have to agree with all of this. Trying to be a savior never works out for the saver. This girl i tried to rescue for hi sparents just dumped me for some 27 year old who lives in his parents basement (shes 19) Her reasoning was i was too nice and too consistent. that hurt

I wouldn't say "never", but I agree that it usually doesn't work out the way you hope. "The Savior" typically gets the shaft.

In most cases, the police do not prevent crimes, they respond to them after they happen. I would absolutely contact them and start documenting the incidents, but don't fool yourself by thinking that will keep the girl safe. If you get involved in this situation be prepared to defend yourself by any means necessary. If you are not prepared for that, get her help and keep your distance.

Yeah I hear ya. I still think it would be in his best interest to go to the police to at least get this documented in case something unfortunate happens down the rode. Like other people have said, if he takes her in this situation is probably going to end badly for all parties involved.

i can appreciate you wanting to help someone out Pete. But too many times, ive seen this happen because the "savior" has these fantasies that by saving this girl, she will fall in love with him and theyll live happily ever after.

what USUALLY happens is:

she moves out and moves in with you

you are then the person dealing with his aggression/craziness

it can effect your life (personal/professional/etc) in all sorts of crazy ways depending on what "good" idea the nutball comes up with

and then she leaves after a couple months of mooching off of you for some other crazy a-hole (or worse yet, the same one)

i understand you are concerned for HER, but we are trying to watch out for YOU.

I just got back from speaking with a State Trooper. I have his card and he said if she wants to leave he will go and help her. If the punk says one word, he will arrest him. The punk has a history of violence, and we can get a protective order for her within one day. That means he cannot come within 100 yards of her, nor go into her workplace. If he shows up at my place, he is arrested on the spot. If he so much as text messages her, he is arrested. If he enters my house when we are home, that is mandatory 10 years. However if she visits him, the protective order is null and void. I feel much better after speaking with the officer. This has been ripping my heart out. I have felt so helpless. Thanks for some good advice!

I just got back from speaking with a State Trooper. I have his card and he said if she wants to leave he will go and help her. If the punk says one word, he will arrest him. The punk has a history of violence, and we can get a protective order for her within one day. That means he cannot come within 100 yards of her, nor go into her workplace. If he shows up at my place, he is arrested on the spot. If he so much as text messages her, he is arrested. If he enters my house when we are home, that is mandatory 10 years. However if she visits him, the protective order is null and void. I feel much better after speaking with the officer. This has been ripping my heart out. I have felt so helpless. Thanks for some good advice!

Are you in New York?

The last time I checked Pete, you come off as a guy who can handle yourself pretty well, you bike mile after mile, workout pretty regularly........ this "kid" must have a gun or I figured you would have put his sorry ass in intensive care by now. If he's some whack job with a gun....walk away. If not, MAKE THIS GUY FUBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so by saturday night?

i keed... i hope