advice on controlling girl beater

Pete

while it has ben mostly good adivce posted here, i think any situation you are getting yourself into where numerous people advise you to "get a permit, take a firearms class, and get a gun" should be a tip off that you shouldnt be in that situation to begin with.

especially since its a situation you are wedging yourself into. its not like the beef is between you and the guy. its between him and the girl.

sure, its a very noble cause, and its nice to be the hero. but there is a fine line between hero and stupid.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while it has ben mostly good adivce posted here, i think any situation you are getting yourself into where numerous people advise you to "get a permit, take a firearms class, and get a gun" should be a tip off that you shouldnt be in that situation to begin with.

especially since its a situation you are wedging yourself into. its not like the beef is between you and the guy. its between him and the girl.

sure, its a very noble cause, and its nice to be the hero. but there is a fine line between hero and stupid.

For some reason that old song " Billy dont be a hero, dont be a fool with your life" comes to mind.

As a woman who has known many "victims" of abuse, I fully agree. She may seem sweet and helpless, and you want to save her and protect her, but you have to think with the brain above your neck. Without the proper counseling, she may stay with you for a while, but she will be on the look-out for another bad boy.

Don't "fight for her", and don't "be her guardian angel". Use some common sense, man. Either it's about her, and not AT ALL about you...or you shouldn't be anywhere near her.

One thing I can guarantee: she's !@#$ed up in the head. It's unaviodable. Either she was before this guy, or she is now after the abuse. Any romantic delusions you're having, you can dismiss right now. Ever rescue an abused animal? They don't suddenly turn well-adjusted and loving. Now multiply that mess by 100, since you're talking about a woman and not a puppy. Don't be an idiot.

This thread brings back some old memories of an affair I had with an abused girl many years ago. The two posts above best articulate what I learned from that misadventure. Which doesn't mean Pete shouldn't offer to help her, but she has to be the one to leave the guy.

For the record, that abused girl is still with the same guy, nearly 15 years later.

Yes. She is also seductive in a demure kind of way.

You have seen this story a few times before, huh Bill?

In South Carolina we have a safe house for battered/abused women called CASA. It typically takes a police dept 24 hours to get the paperwork approved to get a person into one of the places. A victim is allowed to stay there as long as she needs. There is no cost for food or rent, and they provide other services such as helping them get a job or a bus ticket to a location.

Give the local police department a call and ask for them to stop by.

I've worked with CASA for almost 20 years here in Florida. Great advice detox!! :lol:

Hey, I'm not shy about staring at women's breasts. God put 'em there for a reason. I consider it ogling them an ongoing theological investigation.

We're mammals. Hence mammary glands are very important and rightfully should be respected...and shown freely, but that's another story entirely.

I'd recommend two .38 wadcutters in the back of the head...Won't leave much bullet evidence. Deep six the gun in pieces in the ocean at least 2 miles out. :flirt:

While your at it, take the dude 2 miles out to sea in a boat, two .38 wadcutters to the back of the head, then throw dude and gun over board.

:worthy: