advice on controlling girl beater

Pete

I know the sweetest girl and we are great friends and she lives with this POS control freak who beats the hell out of her. She is trying to move in with me, but scared to leave. She packed her stuff and was ready to move in this morning- and he was pissed. I spoke with her this AM, and have not heard from her since. She is afraid he is going to kill me. This POS smashed all her cell phones, does not let her out of the house, except for work, he takes her money. This girl is scared shitless of him. I really like her a lot and try and help. The only way I can speak with her is by visiting her at work- which I do frequently. Her best friend lives next door and he will not even allow her to speak with her friend.

What to do? It is a horrible situation. I appreciate any advice

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recomend a nice knife through his eyeball.

I assume you don't want to go to jail yourself though..

Why are we not calling the cops? Does he leave marks on her?

The girl has known him for a long time and does not want to speak with the police. I am working on that. It is almost like a hostage situation. I am going to call the police right now and ask their advice. Oh, this kid has two court dates coming up, one for his second DWI, and another 4 charges for a fight last weekend

The girl has known him for a long time and does not want to speak with the police. I am working on that. It is almost like a hostage situation. I am going to call the police right now and ask their advice. Oh, this kid has two court dates coming up, one for his second DWI, and another 4 charges for a fight last weekend

That will likely be the best thing for the woman, but it will likely ruin any chance you may have with her...if that is of any interest.

The way to handle this, if you have a romantic interest in this woman, isn't really to be discussed on a message board.

Anyway you look at this, it probably will be trouble. A douchebag like this needs to be handled VERY firmly. Let's just say, he is less likely to hurt her, if he can't walk/fears for his life/is incarcerated.

:lol: Ok I have a plan...

Let her move in with you, and then when this idiot inevitably shows up at your place warn him that he's not welcome on your property. When he doesn't leave, shoot him in the head. End of story. (Oh ya get a gun first). And make sure he throws a punch at you or does something violent before you shoot him.

I'm fairly sure that is legal on your part. And he will die deserving a Darwin Award.

That's a situation you don't want to have anything to do with. Call the cops and stay away. And whatever you do, don't take her in.

I'm with the Chef.

I understand trying to help a friend and all (and especially if there is a romantic interest there), but if this guy is that nuts, he really may end up getting a gun and coming after you.

Based on his charges, he may take himself out of the picture very soon. Then she is free.

That's a situation you don't want to have anything to do with. Call the cops and stay away. And whatever you do, don't take her in.

Evil thrives when good people do nothing.

Is she worth fighting for? This guy only gets away with this crap cause people are scared to stop him. I would not be able to live with myself if I sat back and watched a good friend get beat up or killed because I was too scared to help. I certainly understand the logic behind not getting involved, but some people are worth risking your own safety to help.

Is she worth fighting for? This guy only gets away with this crap cause people are scared to stop him. I would not be able to live with myself if I sat back and watched a friend get beat up or killed because I was too scared to help.

I'm with you. Doing nothing (if she really wants to get away from the dude) isn't an option, IMO. But, you have to be careful, too.

Is she worth fighting for? This guy only gets away with this crap cause people are scared to stop him. I would not be able to live with myself if I sat back and watched a good friend get beat up or killed because I was too scared to help. I certainly understand the logic behind not getting involved, but some people are worth risking your own safety to help.

I agree with your post. Good people need to get involved. She is most definitely worth fighting for! And I saw the look on her face after he terrorized her one time- and it was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I cry whenever I think about it. After that I feel it is my duty to help this girl and be her guardian angel.

I know the sweetest girl and we are great friends and she lives with this POS control freak who beats the hell out of her. She is trying to move in with me, but scared to leave. She packed her stuff and was ready to move in this morning- and he was pissed. I spoke with her this AM, and have not heard from her since. She is afraid he is going to kill me. This POS smashed all her cell phones, does not let her out of the house, except for work, he takes her money. This girl is scared shitless of him. I really like her a lot and try and help. The only way I can speak with her is by visiting her at work- which I do frequently. Her best friend lives next door and he will not even allow her to speak with her friend.

What to do? It is a horrible situation. I appreciate any advice

Would you be able to pull the trigger if the guy broke into your home? If so, contact the police and file a report and be prepared to put a round or two of buckshot into this piece of trash. It sounds like this guy will have no trouble harming you or the girl so make sure you are prepared for that if you take her in. Good luck.

I agree with your post. Good people need to get involved. She is most definitely worth fighting for! And I saw the look on her face after he terrorized her one time- and it was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I cry whenever I think about it. After that I feel it is my duty to help this girl and be her guardian angel.

I would take note of those who point out that, his current legal issues may solve the problem for you. Anything you can do (or get her to do) to pile on, and maximize the likelihood of conviction and/or a harsh sentence, might work well for you.

Also, in my experience, dirtballs like this are often handled better by superior intellect. If you can get through to him that, if he continues there is a world of bad news in store for him..and for what "a broad?"...if you catch my drift.

But, if it has to get ugly (which I recommend against)...shock and awe is the way to go.

And those people are the police not you.

The police will clean up the mess after she is dead. I have no problem with someone who chooses to avoid a confrontation in a situation like this, but to think the police can prevent a potentialy harmfull or deadly situation is naive. The law is on your side in cases of self defense especialy in your own home. Either protect her or live with the consequences.

If you are truly serious here, you MUST arm yourself. I know you may be against it, but you gotta do what you have to do. A shotgun and a pistol will make him think twice before coming over your place. Tell her you bought a couple of guns and let her break it to the SOB.

Be prepared, son, be prepared.

Also, please take a lesson in firing the things....they are not as easy as they look on TV.

Yes. They are there for a reason, and this is a perfect example of one of those reasons. Think about it this way. What if something goes wrong and you or your friend are needlessly killed when the authorities could have been contacted and the situation resolved?

I say leave the gunslinging for Favre.

I think pretty much most of the advice you could get is already in this thread...both ways. As Chef and others have said, if you get involved, it's not going to be a good situation for you. As others have said, if you do decide to get involved, you better prepare yourself for the worst.

I've dealt with people like this a lot (I used to do work in an area that put it in front of me quite often), and this is what I can tell you:

There are usually two types of people that will do this kind of thing. The first are basically cowards that get off on being able to dominate someone. They may act tough for a bit, but if you push, they will back down and find someone else. The second are people that are basically "off". I'm not trying to draw a line between the two, but it's kind of like the serial killer thing. It's such a totally different mindset that it's hard to explain. Obviously, these are the ones you need to worry about. And unfortunately, there's really no way to tell the difference until it's too late.

In my experience, which is strictly third hand, is that both types ONLY respond to force. The latter taking MUCH more. Understand that I am NOT in any way advocating that, because chances are you end up being the one that's hurt. I'm only saying that there isn't much else that will normally work. Not small threats, not arrests, nothing (although trying those things first is by far the best approach...you never know what will work in any unique situation)

Obviously the decision is yours, and it's a tough one. I'm not sure I could back off given the circumstances, but you have to do what you think is right. But if you decide to get involved, take Bills_Fan's advice seriously, but understand that doing something like that is not an easy thing, both the act and the aftermath.

* Just want to add that I may not have made it clear enough that I think contacting the police is the first move no matter what you do. Even if nothing they do works, in the eventual worst case scenario (you take the girl in and the guy comes after one or both of you with deadly intent), you will want to have everything that's happened on record with them. The more they know of each step and have documented, the better for you and her later.

Edited by Faustus

That will likely be the best thing for the woman, but it will likely ruin any chance you may have with her...if that is of any interest.

The way to handle this, if you have a romantic interest in this woman, isn't really to be discussed on a message board.

Anyway you look at this, it probably will be trouble. A douchebag like this needs to be handled VERY firmly. Let's just say, he is less likely to hurt her, if he can't walk/fears for his life/is incarcerated.

A douche bag like this should be handled like Sonny Corelones brother in law in the original "Godfather"