To me Raiders is a trap game.....we should beat this team

The sign of a mature team is putting teams away early and leaving no doubt.

It will be interesting to see how the bills respond to this.

One thing that has been true of the DJ era has been the team's knack for beating teams they should have beat. The lone exception to this rule that I can think of was the 06 game in Detroit. At that time, however, we were knee deep in some JP Losman, and I have far more confidence in Trent as a game manager when it comes to sealing the deal against inferior opponents.

I call dibs on calling next weeks game against St Louis a trap game. Or maybe I should wait and say the Arizona game. Rats. I dont know.

Yeah, I think next week's game is more of a trap game. To me, trap game means that the next game (so in this case the St. Louis game in two weeks) is against a big opponent, so you overlook the easier opponent in anticipation of the more difficult opponent later on. I really doubt anyone is looking towards the Rams game as a big time game. If the Cardinals win next week, however, I think it could possibly make the Rams game a trap game. The Raiders game is more "don't F this one up if you want me to keep my sanity" game.

It can be a trap game for sure. But there is something about this team I cant explain. I want to say they have something to prove, I want to say they have some swagger, but.........I think Confidence is a HUGE factor right now. But I can see this as being a trap game. Raiders have a solid defense, they had a nice rushing attack last week against the Chiefs, but was it cause the Chiefs are terrible? Who knows.....

I look at this game as another step towards their goal and thats the playoffs. They get another win confidence grows.

I call dibs on calling next weeks game against St Louis a trap game. Or maybe I should wait and say the Arizona game. Rats. I dont know.

If they continue to win, all of those will (legitimately) be trap games, so maybe we should start a lottery or something. Here's to hoping every one of their next games, is a trap game.

With that said, I too am concerned about this week,

I am more concerned about going into St. Louis.

I still don't understand how their team is so horrible. I know they say its the line, but they still have one of the best RBs in the NFL, one of the best QBs in the NFL, one of the best WRs that has ever played, drafted a WR in the 2nd round, and have Randy McMichael at TE.

We are going into their place, also.

If they continue to win, all of those will (legitimately) be trap games, so maybe we should start a lottery or something. Here's to hoping every one of their next games, is a trap game.

With that said, I too am concerned about this week,

Maybe I am naive, but I am not at all concerned. I feel confident that Jauron gets the team ready for the opponent and we won't play down to the level of the opponent. Even if the Faiders figure out who their HC is, they won't have enough time to game plan for us. We should be able to grind out a nice and comfortable win.

Prediction: Bills win 27-17

I see our boys reprising this Bills-Raiders magical moment...

After two failures, the Buffalo Bills finally advanced to the Super Bowl when they defeated the LA Raiders 51-3 before 80,324 delirious fans to win the AFC title. The Bills, using their famous "No Huddle" offense, exploded for 502 yards on offense (202 of which were on the ground). Jim Kelly passed for an even 300 yards, completing 17 out of 23 and two touchdowns. The no huddle was the hurry up, 2 minute drill offense that the Bills used most of the games for most of the season. They employed it to perfection this January day in 1991....

Kelly connected on his first 6 passes and in the process, threw a touchdown pass to James Lofton, and set up a touchdown by Thurman Thomas. Lofton's first touchdown of the two he scored in this championship game came after Kelley got the snap out of the shotgun position and he dropped it. Jimbo quickly snapped it up, circled to his right and threw a pass to Lofton, who proceeded into the endzone...

"We got after the Raiders from our first possession," Kelly said in his book Armed and Dangerous. "We rattled off five consecutive "K-Gun" plays and motored deep into Los Angeles territory. Then the Raiders, desperately looking to regroup, called another of those basketball-type time-outs that we had become used to seeing from our opponents. They looked more confused and disoriented than any of the other teams that had previously faced our no-huddle."

Link

Happy days are here again...

BuffTown 51

OakTown 3

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

It can be a trap game for sure. But there is something about this team I cant explain. I want to say they have something to prove, I want to say they have some swagger, but.........I think Confidence is a HUGE factor right now.

Personally this seems like a team that truly understands the concept of 'one game at a time' and I can't imagine a scenario where they start believing their press clippings.

Check out Donte Whitner's comment:

'“A lot of people are excited about us being 2-0 and we’re excited, too,” said safety Donte Whitner. “But we still have bigger and better things to do. We expected to go 2-0. Now we have Oakland this week. Our expectations are to go 3-0 and that’s what we’re working on. This next game is a huge opportunity for us to keep the momentum and excitement that’s building.”'

If we play a good team, then we're expcted to lose.

If we play a bad team, then it's a trap game and we're expected to lose.

I can't figure out when we're expected to win a game.

Every game.

Is that all clear now? :lol:

Don't be worried about Saint Louis.....they are so disgustingly awful that Scott Linehan makes Mike Mularky look like Vince Lambardi. On top of that their players don't even seem to care that they suck, there has been a big fuss here about how after getting their ass kicked the Rams players seem to have no problem having a good time in the locker room listening to music and carrying on.....not the type of behavior you'd expect from a team that just got its ass handed to itself by 33 points week one in Philadelphia. That game is going to be a blow out. We SHOULD beat both these teams but I'll go out on a limb and say St. Louis won't even be close.

If we play a good team, then we're expcted to lose.

If we play a bad team, then it's a trap game and we're expected to lose.

I can't figure out when we're expected to win a game.

OK, this time I will be serious.

The point is, the team should expect to win every game, even if the fans don't. The fans might expect the team to lose to a good team, but should only fear (but not expect) they might lose to a bad team. Of course, the team (and the fans) should be very concerned about every team.

1. The good teams for the obvious reasons

2. The bad teams because they are the opponents that the team is most likely to take for granted (or be less pumped up for) AND the opponent is desperate AND may be better than their record appears.

Let's play a little game, shall we? Let's, just for a second, switch the Bills with the Raiders.

> our players hate our coach and want to get him fired.

> our QB doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow

> we just traveled 3,000+ miles to get to the game

> our star free agent corner has no discipline

Now ask yourself: what do you feel our chances of winning are? I thought so.

PTR

The only aspect im worried about is Darren McFadden. We need to stop him or this is a trap game and we lose alot of respect

Why you worried bout McFumbles? That dudes always been a turnover waiting to happen. :lol:

Gosh.

I miserably post that I'm up to my eyeballs in Kool-Aid. I'm starting to really REALLY believe this team should beat the living snot out of the Raiders. I have no deep-seated bias against the Raiders; pounding them like a $3 whore in the AFC Title Game was fun back in 1990 (yes, I was there. Were you?). But I really have no animosity against this house errant.

As such, Jesus, I'm going out on a limb with my hopes and fears and thinking that FOR ONCE the Bills are truly going to beat Oakland senseless. In the words of the Blue Meanie:

"Kill Them! Crush Them! Destroy Them................Oblueterate them....."

The sign of a mature team is putting teams away early and leaving no doubt.

It will be interesting to see how the bills respond to this.

Of late, the Bills have had a suicidal tendancy of winning games they're not favored to win and then flopping against a team they should beat easily. I dunno....this year's version of the Bills just might break that habit. Russel is even bigger than Garrard and McFadden had a scary game this past Sunday. If the Bills can get by Oakland, and they "ought" to, I'm almost scared to admit I will have high hopes for these guys.

The Bills have a long enough playoff drought that if they take ANY game for granted, they should be shot.

I know. I don't think we qualify for a "Trap game" yet. I'm as enthusiastic as anyone about this team but..lets not get too carried away just yet!

The "Trap Game" is going to be Arizona. I'm nervous about that one. That's our farthest-West trip this year, and the Cardinals can't suck forever. I'm drowning in Kool-Aid, but remember Detroit 2006.

The Cards game is definitely a tough game. Cards may not be much better but they are confident. Plus its a long trip west. Do they leave the roof open for games? Could be another hot one. Tough...but winnable. I still say 5-0 at the bye.

PTR

What I see when ans4e64 posts:

Lol, I know .. thanks for brining up that memory, :thumbsup: good times.

I re-posted in that thread. You might want to consider reading what I write before you post, because YOU just got owned.

Are there really THAT many people on here that have reading comprehension difficulties? Jeez.

Guest dog14787
The Cards game is definitely a tough game. Cards may not be much better but they are confident. Plus its a long trip west. Do they leave the roof open for games? Could be another hot one. Tough...but winnable. I still say 5-0 at the bye.

PTR

I lived in Arizona for 5 years, its hot and takes some getting used to, thank God for swimming pools is all I've got to say.

I know its out of the Norm, but it might be a good idea to get the team out to Arizona say maybe 3-4 days ahead of time just to help the players adjust.

Dry or not 100 - 110 is scorching and it even gets hotter than that sometimes :thumbsup:

The sign of a mature team is putting teams away early and leaving no doubt. It will be interesting to see how the bills respond to this.

Could they lose either the Oakland game or the St. Louis game? Sure. But neither of these is a "trap" game. A trap game, in the truest sense of the word, is a game that is followed on the schedule by a strong (or perceived strong) opponent. It's a game where you're looking past your current opponent to the next. If, for example, New England* or even another division opponent like the Jest were after Oakland, then the Raider game would be considered a trap game. St. Louis could be considered a trap game moreso than Oakland IF the Cardinals continue to win, but only slightly. They're an NFC West opponent...hardly the stuff of great anticipation. San Diego can't be considered a trap game either because they follow the Bye Week. If the Jest continue to win, then the dulfelons could be considered the "trap" game. Although they're a hated, division rival, they shouldn't have a very good record and the game is in Miami. The following week? Favre and the Jest.

One thing that has been true of the DJ era has been the team's knack for beating teams they should have beat. The lone exception to this rule that I can think of was the 06 game in Detroit. At that time, however, we were knee deep in some JP Losman, and I have far more confidence in Trent as a game manager when it comes to sealing the deal against inferior opponents.

That Lions game & the Titans game that year we were only slight favorites. I think the Jets at home that year was the only game we were more than -FG and lost.

TBD has a now officially changed the definition of favored to "trap game".

I thought that became official during the 2004 winning streak.

the raiders have been a very good running team for 2 years now, and now they have some insane talent at RB.

they also have some big play ability in returns, and their D can make big plays (sacks and ints).

they have what might be the biggest 1st pick qb bust in the history of the nfl and no WRs to speak of. if we scheme the right way on D we can force them to 3rd and long and not allow the draw to beat us, and that's as good as making them punt.

so we COULD lose this actually, but i expect us to get up 14 points and have them quit and start passing on us, which will possibly end jasuckasus career in the nfl.