BBQ Beef vs Buffito

K-Gun10

I am the Store Manager at a Mighty Taco and a heated debate right now threw the company and the radio and just costumers is Why get rid of BBQ Beef and gain the Buffito wats your guys votes for the better item and i will reveal a secret BBQ BEEF IS BACK AUGEST 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the Store Manager at a Mighty Taco and a heated debate right now through the company and the radio and just customers is "Why get rid of BBQ Beef and gain the Buffito?" What's your vote for the better item? I will reveal a secret: BBQ BEEF IS BACK AUGUST 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PTR

I might be the only person on this board who has never eaten at Mighty Taco.

I think Mighty Taco literally drove Taco Bell out of business in the Buffalo area back in the 90's. Mighty Taco is the best fast food taco I've had in the Northeast.

PTR

You and I, Blue. :thumbsup: Never really occurred to me to eat there when I was growing up, I kinda took it for granted I guess.

Stop whatever you are doing and get in your car.

Stop whatever you are doing and get in your car. Don't come back until you have a Super Mighty Pack in your belly.

Can't do it Ray, I've got VIP passes to the US Senior Open this weekend, and since that includes free booze and food, I'm taking full advantage of it. :thumbsup:

I may be home in October, that's going to have to be soon enough.

Seriously though, aren't there things back home that you skipped out on or didn't do only to move away and think "why didn't I ever do that, eat there, see that?"

Same here, But I'm not from Buffalo, heck, up until about 10 years ago, there wasn't even a Taco Bell around here. Taco Bell is ok, but I don't like going there because I find for what I am paying, I'm never full after eating there.

There was a place that was here that opened in a neighboring town I worked in and it was a small chain place in the area that was a 2 for 1 subs and Tacos. I went a couple of times for lunch at work and it was a great deal, for like $5 you got 2 huge taco's and a drink, I could barely finish. They closed down after about 3 months

YOU BASTARD!!!

Sorry man, when the contractor I work with kicks down a couple comps to me I gotta take it. Granted the golf is obviously not as great as the regular tour, but you get to see some greats still carving out shots that most of us STILL can't make and they're doing in their 50s and in some cases 60s.

... and then of course there IS the whole free booze and food. :thumbsup:

Sorry man, when the contractor I work with kicks down a couple comps to me I gotta take it. Granted the golf is obviously not as great as the regular tour, but you get to see some great still carving out shots that most of us STILL can't make and they're doing in their 50s and in some cases 60s.

... and then of course there IS the whole free booze and food. :thumbsup:

I bought tickets to the damned Senior Tour event here in Austin, ya bastard.

Me too. I can only assume that you need to have eaten there to comprehend that first post.

I actually heard about it on 103.3 on the Shredd and Reagan show, they were talking about how Mighty Taco usually brings out the BBQ Beef in the summer (I remember all the commercials) but they didn't this year they were trying something new

I think Mighty Taco literally drove Taco Bell out of business in the Buffalo area back in the 90's. Mighty Taco is the best fast food taco I've had in the Northeast.

PTR

hands down the best. I just ate 3 chicken soft tacos from taco hell. i feel terrible now.

Please explain the buffito to me. I'll be back in the area next week and I'll be making at least one stop at Mighty. I never tried the BBQ beef though, so I have absolutely no input on this subject.

Please explain the buffito to me. I'll be back in the area next week and I'll be making at least one stop at Mighty. I never tried the BBQ beef though, so I have absolutely no input on this subject.

Its chicken soaked in Franks red hot hause with blue chesse.

Chipotle and Boston Market were owned by McD's, but they were spun off.

I always stop at the Walden & Union MT on the way from the airport to my Mom's house.

I remember MT from the mid 70s. 3 locations- Seneca, Elmwood, and Bailey.

No seating-everything was to go.

Open until 5 AM to get the bar crowd.

The employees were more wasted than the customers.

I stopped there with a friend . We each ordered two tacos. Open the bag and there are 8 in it!

At the Bailey one some guys were fighting and one of the guys grabbed me out of line and tried to use me as a shield against 3 others. They pushed me aside and started beating up the guy in the middle of Bailey until the sirens started.

If you wanted extra hot, they laughed as they pumped more out of the gallon jug of hot sauce.

They had the greatest commercials on the radio:

"Hey there's someone out by the dumpster!"

"Oh that's just a guy from the other taco place trying to use our garbage to make his tacos!"

To the tune of Copacabana by Barry Mannilow:

"Down at the Taco, the Mighty Taco, the place where the cool and the hip go"

"Soft, hard and super, they won't hurt your pooper!":thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

You had better stop by one of their zillion locations, and grab two beef and chees burritos, hot...it is amongst the finest junk food you will ever eat...god I miss them...I have them at least once or twice every time I go back home. It is hard to explain....

Of course, I think, back in the olden days of my youth, they were just a tad better (back when the Forest Ave location was still there), but they are still pretty damn fine...

Have you tried Moe's? Once you have a burrito there, it's hard to go back to Mighty Taco.

Never tried Moe's. It is just a Buffalo thing...I live in Austin, TX, where you can get some of the best Mexican food in the US...but for some reason, those damn Mighty Taco burritos are just special...

Have you tried Moe's? Once you have a burrito there, it's hard to go back to Mighty Taco.

Crap.. you beat me to it.

I have NEVER understood the infatuation with Mighty Taco. The "beef" honestly doesn't taste ANYTHING like ground beef with taco seasoning. Its a glob of some substance and it's just gross.

Taco Bell is far superior to Mighty Taco, but that's like saying winning the Silver in the Special Olympics is far superior to the Bronze.

"Moe's" is a real taco. Honest to god ground beef, freshly made burritos, made in front of you, and all the toppings you could want or not want. And queso cheese for the chips! I get a Joey Combo about once a month. Awesome.

Honestly, if most people didn't feel Mighty Taco was a "Buffalo tradition" I honestly feel only a tiny percentage would claim to love it like they do now. Before everyone says its a matter of taste, I know that. But next time you get a Mighty Taco, open it and look. Its like biting halfway through a Chicken nugget and looking inside. Neither will make your stomach feel very good about what you are eating.

Crap.. you beat me to it.

I have NEVER understood the infatuation with Mighty Taco. The "beef" honestly doesn't taste ANYTHING like ground beef with taco seasoning. Its a glob of some substance and it's just gross.

Taco Bell is far superior to Mighty Taco, but that's like saying winning the Silver in the Special Olympics is far superior to the Bronze.

"Moe's" is a real taco. Honest to god ground beef, freshly made burritos, made in front of you, and all the toppings you could want or not want. And queso cheese for the chips! I get a Joey Combo about once a month. Awesome.

Honestly, if most people didn't feel Mighty Taco was a "Buffalo tradition" I honestly feel only a tiny percentage would claim to love it like they do now. Before everyone says its a matter of taste, I know that. But next time you get a Mighty Taco, open it and look. Its like biting halfway through a Chicken nugget and looking inside. Neither will make your stomach feel very good about what you are eating.

I know they don't have the best ingrediants, and maybe it is a Buffalo thing...but you live in Austin too, right? How many times have you been to a resteraunt here, that everyone swears is incredible, and you think to yourself "this blows"? You might be right. A burrito from La Casita is incredible, but it is just a different kind of "incredible" than Mighty.

I gotta take exception to the Taco Bell is far superior to Mighty Taco thing...the only thing the Bell has going for it is its' cheapness. When Mighty Taco first started out, in the 70's, it was marketed to dope smokers and late night drinkers...sh--, gotta stop, I can almost taste one of those burritos...I am getting very hungry.... :thumbsup:

When Mighty Taco first started out, in the 70's, it was marketed to dope smokers and late night drinkers...

That's right. I was 18 (33 years ago). We'd hit Elmwood and start down by No Name and work towards Forest. We'd end the night at Goodbar and go to MT after the bars closed. Could tell over the years I was getting older as we would not get as far down Elmwood and go to MT earlier and earlier. :blink::thumbsup:

I know they don't have the best ingrediants, and maybe it is a Buffalo thing...but you live in Austin too, right? How many times have you been to a resteraunt here, that everyone swears is incredible, and you think to yourself "this blows"? You might be right. A burrito from La Casita is incredible, but it is just a different kind of "incredible" than Mighty.

I gotta take exception to the Taco Bell is far superior to Mighty Taco thing...the only thing the Bell has going for it is its' cheapness. When Mighty Taco first started out, in the 70's, it was marketed to dope smokers and late night drinkers...sh--, gotta stop, I can almost taste one of those burritos...I am getting very hungry.... :thumbsup:

I live in North Tonawanda. I live 1.8 Miles from the nearest Mighty Taco.

All I'm saying is that Mighty Taco is like Jims Steakout. Perfect "food" for 2:30am, but I'm shocked that people make sober trips there and say they love it.

Never tried Moe's. It is just a Buffalo thing...I live in Austin, TX, where you can get some of the best Mexican food in the US...but for some reason, those damn Mighty Taco burritos are just special...

They had a Moe's right on Guadalupe, next to the Co-op. Place sucked, lasted about 3 months and went out of business.

All I'm saying is that Mighty Taco is like Jims Steakout. Perfect "food" for 2:30am, but I'm shocked that people make sober trips there and say they love it.

Heh. Sounds like Tahou's. When I told a friend -- who attended U of R and has told innumerable tales of drunken late-night garbage-plate sorties -- that we were going there for lunch, he shook his head in disbelief and said. "That's really not a good idea."

They had a Moe's right on Guadalupe, next to the Co-op. Place sucked, lasted about 3 months and went out of business.

Crap, you are right, I forgot it was even there. Never ate there. Even though I work right on the Drag, I hardly ever go down there anymore...everything is a chain that replaced another chain within the last three years, or a friggin bank....

Wow...stevestojan...next thing you are going to tell me there is not Santy Clause! :thumbsup:

I was never a Jim's Steakout guy while in Buffalo (there was only one when I lived there), but I think it is pretty decent for what it is...decent wings and subs (my little sister lives near the one on Elmwood in Allentown)...but it ain't in Mighty Taco's leauge for me...like I said earlier, exceptional junk food!\

Okay, I know I am a bleeding heart liberal...I have just made five posts extolling the virtue of junk food! :blink:

AKA Taco Cantina of the North

For what its worth, I tried one of those Buffito things last week and think they are garbage and am deeply disappointed a WNY chain would have something so crappy involving "Buffalo style Chicken" on their menu. I was borderline insulted.

Just stick with the basic, beef and cheese burrito...all of the other stuff is crap!