WR Terry Glenn is expected to sign with the Dolphins.

The problem is that their defense is still largely devoid of talent, lost their best player, and will be moving to the 3-4. And they don't have a veteran QB, which screws them right from the start. I expect them to be picking 1st overall again next year.

It looks like Miami is putting together a pretty good nucleus of players. A veteran QB, and no I'm not suggesting Farve, on this team would make them a much more dangerous team than expected.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/793508.html

A "pretty good nucleus of players?" Let's see. They released there best LB in Zach Thomas, traded there best DL in Jason Taylor, have no QB, and are to sign a washed-up Terry Glenn. Even with Jake Long, I think their roster is actually worse than last year. So yup, they are "putting together a pretty good nucleas of players." Tipster, don't quit your day job unless you are an NFL scout then you'd better quit your day job. :D

A "pretty good nucleus of players?" Let's see. They released there best LB in Zach Thomas, traded there best DL in Jason Taylor, have no QB, and are to sign a washed-up Terry Glenn. Even with Jake Long, I think their roster is actually worse than last year. So yup, they are "putting together a pretty good nucleas of players." Tipster, don't quit your day job unless you are an NFL scout then you'd better quit your day job. <_<

Yes but the recognition factor of their roster is sky high. We all know name recognition = talent. At least if you're playing fantasy league football :D

PTR

It looks like Miami is putting together a pretty good nucleus of players. A veteran QB, and no I'm not suggesting Farve, on this team would make them a much more dangerous team than expected.

In case you forgot, the Dolphins won one stinking game last year. ONE! How are they even close to winning two games much less a more "dangerous" team? Unless what you mean by "dangerous" is their fans are prone to committing suicide.

PTR

A "pretty good nucleus of players?" Let's see. They released there best LB in Zach Thomas, traded there best DL in Jason Taylor, have no QB, and are to sign a washed-up Terry Glenn. Even with Jake Long, I think their roster is actually worse than last year. So yup, they are "putting together a pretty good nucleas of players." Tipster, don't quit your day job unless you are an NFL scout then you'd better quit your day job. :D

They got rid of an aging concussion plagued LB, got paid nicely for a senior DE who really is thinking more about life outside of football and had a tremendous influx of young players thru the draft. Yeah, the Dolphins are making all the wrong moves.

They added a WR in Ernest Wilford that just about everyone around here pined for, TEs Sean Ryan and Anthony Fasano, a few other good WRs in Greg Camarillo, Derek Hagan and Ted Ginn Jr who is a flat out speed demon. The backfield has Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Their OL is vastly improved from 3, 4 years ago with an addition like Justin Smiley and a few young veterans like Vernon Carey and Samson Satele. Then they have some guys on defense like DEs Mat Roth and Vonnie Holliday, DT Randy Starks and I'd even throw in Joey Porter as someone who we should pay attention to.

I'm not going thru the whole roster to justify and I don't know where you live but I'm less than 200 miles from Miami and so far in camp DE Phillip Merling flat out hammered Ricky Williams. Oh yeah, the guy is a player.

So, keep insulting me if that makes you feel better but I wonder just how much you really do know about football.

:D

Glenn is a walking injury that has lost so much Dallas cut him.

It was due to money. Dallas wanted to pay him less and not accept any liability.

In case you forgot, the Dolphins won one stinking game last year. ONE! How are they even close to winning two games much less a more "dangerous" team? Unless what you mean by "dangerous" is their fans are prone to committing suicide.

PTR

PTR, are you for real??! Miami lost 6 games by 3 points or less AND they didn't fare any worse against the Patriots than us and that's just off the top of my head. Matter of fact we got crushed in BOTH games against the Pats.

They got rid of an aging concussion plagued LB, got paid nicely for a senior DE who really is thinking more about life outside of football and had a tremendous influx of young players thru the draft. Yeah, the Dolphins are making all the wrong moves.

They added a WR in Ernest Wilford that just about everyone around here pined for, TEs Sean Ryan and Anthony Fasano, a few other good WRs in Greg Camarillo, Derek Hagan and Ted Ginn Jr who is a flat out speed demon. The backfield has Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Their OL is vastly improved from 3, 4 years ago with an addition like Justin Smiley and a few young veterans like Vernon Carey and Samson Satele. Then they have some guys on defense like DEs Mat Roth and Vonnie Holliday, DT Randy Starks and I'd even throw in Joey Porter as someone who we should pay attention to.

I'm not going thru the whole roster to justify and I don't know where you live but I'm less than 200 miles from Miami and so far in camp DE Phillip Merling flat out hammered Ricky Williams. Oh yeah, the guy is a player.

So, keep insulting me if that makes you feel better but I wonder just how much you really do know about football.

Tipster, I'm willing to bet by your astute analysis of the Dolphins being a "dangerous team" you're Matt Millen's top assistant in Detroit. Keep up the stellar work. :D

Some people here can't grasp the proper usage of the idiom "let alone."

It is very frustrating.

"Let alone" as in "not to mention." Hope that relieves your frustration a bit.

And good job changing "your" to "you're" Mr. Wonderful, otherwise you would have made ropeerasers frustrated again.

PTR, are you for real??! Miami lost 6 games by 3 points or less AND they didn't fare any worse against the Patriots than us and that's just off the top of my head. Matter of fact we got crushed in BOTH games against the Pats.

This is really funny. The Fins lose 6 games by 3 points and that's a sign of strength, but when the Bills lose close games, they suck? Here's your "dangerous" team. So who is going to get the ball to Glenn? I suppose you don't need a competent QB to win in the NFL.

PTR

This is really funny. The Fins lose 6 games by 3 points and that's a sign of strength, but when the Bills lose close games, they suck? Here's your "dangerous" team. So who is going to get the ball to Glenn? I suppose you don't need a competent QB to win in the NFL.

PTR

It's amazing how posts get twisted around here, especially in such a short thread. This is what I initially posted. It's looks pretty clear to me that I stated that a veteran QB would make the Fins a much more dangerous team than expected. Who said that the Bills suck when they lose close games?

It was due to money. Dallas wanted to pay him less and not accept any liability.

Do you remember the 1984-85 seasons. We lost 7-8 games by less than 7 points. We were still 2-14 and stunk. It does not matter how much you lose by. They lost 15 games last year and were terrible. They have made some improvements but it was hard not to. They still have problems and will probably win 4-5 games this year. Don't get so worked up. Differences of opinions are what happens on a message board.

I'm less than 200 miles from Miami and so far in camp DE Phillip Merling flat out hammered Ricky Williams. Oh yeah, the guy is a player.

So if he hammered Ricky Williams, does that mean that Merling is "a player," or that Ricky lost his strength? Did the second-round rookie level the little stoner so badly as to beg the question; how long will it take for Ricky to get suspended again? According to your list, having Ricky is a strength. But here he is getting "flat out hammered" by a mere child. How can that be? Is Ricky THAT bad?

And right now Jason Taylor isn't thinking about life after the NFL. He's thinking about how a kickass year on an underachieving team that could go to the playoffs will help him when the time comes to start thinking about life after the NFL. If anything, his life after the NFL will be sitting next to Marshall Faulk seeing who can make a more idiotic comment.

And I'm curious, given you're 200 miles from Miami, how many times have you gone to their camp. Or is simply being closer than everyone else afford you special powers to hear things about their camp that people, say, 300 miles away can't see?

So if he hammered Ricky Williams, does that mean that Merling is "a player," or that Ricky lost his strength? Did the second-round rookie level the little stoner so badly as to beg the question; how long will it take for Ricky to get suspended again? According to your list, having Ricky is a strength. But here he is getting "flat out hammered" by a mere child. How can that be? Is Ricky THAT bad?

And right now Jason Taylor isn't thinking about life after the NFL. He's thinking about how a kickass year on an underachieving team that could go to the playoffs will help him when the time comes to start thinking about life after the NFL. If anything, his life after the NFL will be sitting next to Marshall Faulk seeing who can make a more idiotic comment.

And I'm curious, given you're 200 miles from Miami, how many times have you gone to their camp. Or is simply being closer than everyone else afford you special powers to hear things about their camp that people, say, 300 miles away can't see?

Ha! Trick question, I live 3 miles form that camp and would never attend it. So there! :D

Its the inverse talent "fan" theory (ITFT). All players of your team suck, and all players of other teams are simply that much better. Unless your team acquires said player, then that player is garbage. But if another team had acquired the same player, they'd be greater than ever.

In this specific case, Tipster makes the point that merling hammered wikky. Using the ITFT, tipster assumes that Ricky williams is so great that he's going to drastically change the dolphins. The mere fact that Merling hammered such a great RB means that Merling is simply even greater than Ricky. On the next play, Merling probably got blocked by Jake Long, meaning that Jake Long is an even greater talent than Merling.

To simplify, on a scale of 1-10, we'll use the ITFT and assume that ricky williams has a talent of 9. This means that Merling's talent level is around 11, and Jake Long's is roughly 15.

Now, using the ITFT, we'l address Bills camp. The constant is that the Bills suck. So when Butler blocks McCargo on a given play, since butler sucks, McCargo sucks even worse. And when McCago makes a play or tackle, it is only because the offensive player sucks even worse that Johnny McC.

Thus, you have the inverse talent "fan" theory.

I live 450 miles from fins canp, so i suppose i am out of range to make astute observations.

They have made some improvements but it was hard not to. They still have problems and will probably win 4-5 games this year. Don't get so worked up. Differences of opinions are what happens on a message board.

I'm not bothered by the difference of opinions but the personal attacks isn't called for neither. I don't recall Buffalo being a powerhouse and dominating the division. If the 4-5 wins that you predict the Dolphins are going to win, can one of them be against the Bills? If so, then their "improvement" is a threat to our play-off aspiration.

I remember when Simon posted about if the Bills should get Ricky Williams and it was one of the bigger threads on the board at that time. I believe that Williams will be more than a has been player for the Fins and will help their cause this year. Could Williams be another OJ Andersen? Maybe. Merling will be someone who you will see at least twice a year. Why don't you save this thread and bring it back after the second time we play them this year, I'd be curious to see what you would have to say.

To answer your question about my location, the Dolphins and the Bucs are plastered all over the newspaper, news, and radio daily. I wouldn't call it "special powers" but more like, um, consciousness? BTW, nope I have never been to their camp and never will but I suspect that neither have you.

Its the inverse talent "fan" theory (ITFT). All players of your team suck, and all players of other teams are simply that much better. Unless your team acquires said player, then that player is garbage. But if another team had acquired the same player, they'd be greater than ever.

In this specific case, Tipster makes the point that merling hammered wikky. Using the ITFT, tipster assumes that Ricky williams is so great that he's going to drastically change the dolphins. The mere fact that Merling hammered such a great RB means that Merling is simply even greater than Ricky. On the next play, Merling probably got blocked by Jake Long, meaning that Jake Long is an even greater talent than Merling.

To simplify, on a scale of 1-10, we'll use the ITFT and assume that ricky williams has a talent of 9. This means that Merling's talent level is around 11, and Jake Long's is roughly 15.

Now, using the ITFT, we'l address Bills camp. The constant is that the Bills suck. So when Butler blocks McCargo on a given play, since butler sucks, McCargo sucks even worse. And when McCago makes a play or tackle, it is only because the offensive player sucks even worse that Johnny McC.

Thus, you have the inverse talent "fan" theory.

I live 450 miles from fins canp, so i suppose i am out of range to make astute observations.

It's ironic that you brought up Jake Long/Phillip Merling. Over the week-end these two got into a fight. Long put Merling on his @$$ and Merling came up swinging and just yesterday Vonnie Holliday beat Long on a play and the very next play Long pancaked him. The Dolphins are moving Holliday to RDE with Roth and Merling battling for the LDE spot.

The Bills will sweep the Fins again this year. And likely next year as well. Outside of that, I couldn't care less what the Fins do or how great a team Parcells is assembling, minus the need for a veteran QB.

I remember when Simon posted about if the Bills should get Ricky Williams and it was one of the bigger threads on the board at that time. I believe that Williams will be more than a has been player for the Fins and will help their cause this year. Could Williams be another OJ Andersen? Maybe. Merling will be someone who you will see at least twice a year. Why don't you save this thread and bring it back after the second time we play them this year, I'd be curious to see what you would have to say.

You can save this thread, bookmark it or even bronze it, the fact remains my issue is not with whether Merling will be a good player, but that your logic is utterly ridiculous when arguing that he is "a player" and the Fish are loaded with talent simply because he once hammered the stoner. So we can save this thread for as long as you like, and at the end of the season, even if the Fish sweep the Bills, your logic will still seem absolutely ridiculous to me.

To answer your question about my location, the Dolphins and the Bucs are plastered all over the newspaper, news, and radio daily. I wouldn't call it "special powers" but more like, um, consciousness? BTW, nope I have never been to their camp and never will but I suspect that neither have you.

First, there is virtually nothing you can get in the newspaper, on the news or on the radio that the rest of us can't find online, so where you are geographically means nothing unless you're on the freaking sideline. Second, I'm not the one claiming that being 4 hours away from the Fish training camp makes me somehow wiser about their talent pool than anyone else.

Why do I feel like we're two posts away from saying neener-neener-neener.

So........ 3-13?

The Dolphins should not be a problem for us until someone emerges with some QB talent. Tipster is right about them bulding a strong nucleus, They will probably have 35 new players on the 52 man roster so forget last year. Lets enjoy the next couple of seasons pounding the fish!!! Before long the shoe will be on the other foot.

Miami may not have more talent on the field but they do in the front office!

GOOOOO BUFFFFFFFFF!

I had a COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL fins fan tell me today that the Dolphins are going to win 8 or 9 games this season. I looked him square in the eyes and said "you're kidding right?" He said, "you just wait and see" and I laughed in his face until he walked out the door :devil:

The problem is that their defense is still largely devoid of talent, lost their best player, and will be moving to the 3-4. And they don't have a veteran QB, which screws them right from the start. I expect them to be picking 1st overall again next year.

Gee, neither do we :devil:

At what point does Parcells begin to run out of "Parcells Guys". Some of these guys are ancient now and he keeps bringing them around. I can see it now.... the dolphins sign Glenn add Keyshawn and then spice it up by taking cement shoes Bledsoe. A perfect Parcells team.

Bottom line is that Bill Parcells is out of touch with the game and the Dolphins suck and will continue to suck so go BILLS!

Glenn isn't someone who scares me at this stage, but from what I have seen has more left in the tank than Zach Thomas (would anyone argue that he can still play if he didn't leave?).

Taylor can still play - losing him will hurt.

Ricky Trees doesn't scare me in the least. A healthy Ronnie Brown might, but that's a big if.

So yeah, they'll probably suck again at least for this year. At the end of the day though, there's a pretty good chance Parcells knows what he's doing. His perceived failure in Dallas was basically a product of crybaby Cowboy fans (and the media circus that follows them) who have the same sense of entitlement as Yankee fans. Nobody seems to want to remember that they were a garbage franchise coming off 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons prior to his arrival.

And not that it means much, but I can't remember the last time anyone accurately predicted the 2nd-4th place finishers in this division.

Can Parcells go anywhere without bringing washed up players from his past?

He'll sign Bledsoe in a weeks time, guaranteed. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...