Sounds like the DA has nothing on Lynch

VOR

How can anybody defend him when he hasn't been accused of anything? As for his silence, it's his constitutional right. There are others more qualified to defend those than me.

Thank you for yet another "my parents raised me to be accountable for my actions blah blah blah" post...It's been a page or two since someone threw that line in the water. Everyone is a saint on the sofa when it comes down to what somebody else SHOULD do. It's all very easy to say when it's not your livlihood that's affected.

Let's say you have a company car. Perhaps one night you have a few cocktails and crash into a tree. Or perhaps you're completely sober but your wife is blowing you on the way home, and you crash into a tree. In either case, nobody is around, you are okay to drive home, but the car is damaged. Are you going to fess up and tell your employer you were drinking or getting blown, knowing that you will likely lose your job for being careless with company property? Or are you going to tell him that a deer darted into the street and you were avoiding it? You would tell the truth, right? Because your father raised you to be accountable for your actions.

Way to avoid the broad brush sterotypes that had you giggling as you announce in your next sentence that Marshawn is "just another ghetto punk."

If you are going to challenge someone at least pull your head out of your ass first.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen so many stereo types thrown around and painting groups of people with the same broad brush in quite some time. Maybe not since the last KKK meeting I was accused of attending. Sheeesh this thread is really funnier than hell.

I'll get back to my original sentiment, sure Marshawn can hide behind all of his legal rights and options and say nothing and skip by this. But by doing so, he loses my respect and looks like another ghetto punk. Well Marshawn, see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

I guess he can't clear the air because somebody will get the rap for the hit and run, I guess they are to much of cowards to stand up and be accountable for their actions. I guess I'm the bad guy here because I think it's wrong not to be accountable for your actions. Sorry, I guess my Dad raised me all wrong. Sheesh what a fool I am for being accountable for my actions.

Sorry folks, but if your defending Marshawn's actions, your morally bankrupt.

I don't agree with the Ghetto reference, but I do agree that Marshawn is taking the wrong path here. He's hiding something and by doing so he's likely pissing off the victim, the DA, Bills mangement and the Commissioner. How you handle a problem matters when you could be facing an arrest, a law suit and discipline from your employer. He's chosen to compete rather than to cooperate, which usually causes your opponent(s) to compete rather than to cooperate. Sooner or later the facts will be exposed. He's only motivating his opposition.

Why in the hell would he turn in his teammate(s) or himself if the law can't prove a damn thing? Because morally it's the right thing to do? Get !@#$ real people. Marshawn is from Oakland, where you don't turn in your friends to have that monkey taken off your back. All this self righteous high horse sh-t is unbelievable.

Quick note: someone who is "ghetto", whatever definition you choose to throw around for said word notwithstanding, would not lawyer up and defend his inalienable rights. That "ghetto" person would probably brag about it, get thrown in jail and you'd never "half" (sic) to worry about them "darkening" your door.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/366062.html

"No quick resolution" says that the eyewitnesses who claimed he was driving were not credible and unless some new information comes to light, no charges will be filed anytime soon. As for Lynch's lawyer wanting a "precondition" before disclosing information, IMHO that sounds like someone else was driving.

No kidding, the DA has nothing, otherwise he would already have been charged. Now the DA is sounding more and more like he is just going to have to scuttle the whole case after his latest interview...

Not only that, an ear-witness has come forward asserting that as the SUV sped off, he heard a maniacal laughter from inside the vehicle and a shout of, "THAT'S BEAST MODE IN YO' FACE, BEEEYOTCH!!!"

ROTFLMMAOPMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0:)

So the article in the Buffalo news today makes it seem like Lynch is either an !@#$ or an idiot, if for no other reason than bringing his own liquor to bars.

The jig is up now. You know the authorities are PO'd when they leak every little thing the family has done since coming here.

On a side note, how much tail do you expect to get when you are too cheap to buy drinks in Buffalo?

A couple thoughts after reading this article and the last couple weeks re: Lynch

- I'm rooting for Lynch to score TD's and help the Bills get to the playoffs. That's it. He sounds like the typical athlete who lives life as if he's above the "common man" and should be granted certain priviledges or leniency. He's not some great guy off the field. If there were never any witnesses to his Porche SUV at the scene, he would NEVER have come forward to let anyone know it was his car that hit the woman.

- When you read about Lynch and his family issues (minor incidents with traffic laws and police) and now this.....don't be surprised if Marshawn and his family bolt Buffalo the very first opportunity they get (when his contract comes up). I doubt they like it here from the sounds of it.

A couple thoughts after reading this article and the last couple weeks re: Lynch

- I'm rooting for Lynch to score TD's and help the Bills get to the playoffs. That's it. He sounds like the typical athlete who lives life as if he's above the "common man" and should be granted certain priviledges or leniency. He's not some great guy off the field. If there were never any witnesses to his Porche SUV at the scene, he would NEVER have come forward to let anyone know it was his car that hit the woman.

- When you read about Lynch and his family issues (minor incidents with traffic laws and police) and now this.....don't be surprised if Marshawn and his family bolt Buffalo the very first opportunity they get (when his contract comes up). I doubt they like it here from the sounds of it.

I'll be rooting for him as well....I am more disappointed than anything. He seemed to be an easy going guy that was above the level of McGahee on and off the field, but he may just be Willis V2.0

I don't agree with the Ghetto reference, but I do agree that Marshawn is taking the wrong path here. He's hiding something and by doing so he's likely pissing off the victim, the DA, Bills mangement and the Commissioner. How you handle a problem matters when you could be facing an arrest, a law suit and discipline from your employer. He's chosen to compete rather than to cooperate, which usually causes your opponent(s) to compete rather than to cooperate. Sooner or later the facts will be exposed. He's only motivating his opposition.

What the police really mean when they ask you to "cooperate" with the investigation is for you to help them convict you as soon as possible. If it makes them mad that you aren't going to help them throw you in jail and to help the victim get a 7 figure settlement for a minor cut, then so be it.

Why in the hell would he turn in his teammate(s) or himself if the law can't prove a damn thing? Because morally it's the right thing to do? Get !@#$ real people. Marshawn is from Oakland, where you don't turn in your friends to have that monkey taken off your back. All this self righteous high horse sh-t is unbelievable.

It is easy to be morally pure when it is someone else's keester on the line.

So the article in the Buffalo news today makes it seem like Lynch is either an !@#$ or an idiot, if for no other reason than bringing his own liquor to bars.

sneaking in "booze" + ordering a glass of pop = marshawn loves the purple drank

he needs to get this crap behind him and move on

Looks like ML has the "I'm an NFL player, you can't touch me" attitude. I really didn't get that impression when he was drafted, he seemed pretty humble. But I guess millions of dollars will change things a bit. It's discouraging to hear some of this stuff. Athletes are so lucky to be making insane amounts of money for playing a game, it's a shame that some think they are untouchable...

Link

Looks like ML has the "I'm an NFL player, you can't touch me" attitude. I really didn't get that impression when he was drafted, he seemed pretty humble. But I guess millions of dollars will change things a bit. It's discouraging to hear some of this stuff. Athletes are so lucky to be making insane amounts of money for playing a game, it's a shame that some think they are untouchable...

Link

What exactly are you basing this assumption on? The fact that he is following his lawyers' advice and not talking to the media or the police? Or do you hang out with him on a daily basis and he's been bragging about how easily he's getting away with a felony? How do you know what state of mind Marshawn has about his "untouchability"?

The number of assumptions and accusations made on both sides of this case are completely baseless and fruitless. Why? Because none of us have any more proof than what the media (and the police thru the media) has told us. For those of you who wish to have Marshawn drawn and quartered, can we at least wait til he is CHARGED WITH A CRIME to do so? Normally I would ask that you wait til he be found guilty or all the evidence comes out but I think that's asking too much of many of you.