Sounds like the DA has nothing on Lynch

VOR

Are these the same cops (Hamburg) that handle stadium parking on game-day? Because if those are the same guys, for the last 4 years I've had to wait and wait to get a spot, only to watch them allow their daughters/friends/girlfriends park on the grass next to their cruisers and run on into the stadium, and then get the police bee line out afterwards.

Football towns get little things like this happening all the time with respect to police and players - if they're going to start airing dirty laundry the DA is in worse shape than I thought AND he's itching to get every Bills football player out of town as soon as their contract will allow.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are you basing this assumption on? The fact that he is following his lawyers' advice and not talking to the media or the police? Or do you hang out with him on a daily basis and he's been bragging about how easily he's getting away with a felony? How do you know what state of mind Marshawn has about his "untouchability"?

The number of assumptions and accusations made on both sides of this case are completely baseless and fruitless. Why? Because none of us have any more proof than what the media (and the police thru the media) has told us. For those of you who wish to have Marshawn drawn and quartered, can we at least wait til he is CHARGED WITH A CRIME to do so? Normally I would ask that you wait til he be found guilty or all the evidence comes out but I think that's asking too much of many of you.

My post has nothing to do with the hit and run incident. I have no idea what happened and will not comment on it unil I do. It's the other stuff in the article, bad interpretation dude...

My post has nothing to do with the hit and run incident. I have no idea what happened and will not comment on it unil I do. It's the other stuff in the article, bad interpretation dude...

Sorry mate, didn't see the LINK in there and I thought you were commenting on this incident.

The article itself is bs, nothing more than an attempt to discredit Marshawn's credibility via his cheapness on not paying for drinks and cops ASSUMING he has a cavalier attitude about traffic violations. I have a cavalier attitude about traffic violations too. I think speeding limits at certain times of day are stupid. Does that make me a felon or a person of moral corruption?

I haven't chimed in on this whole ML thing, but I am just getting frustrated at reading too many ridiculous posts. So many of you are taking it personally, or a sign of Marshawn's character that he hasn't spoken to police. I don't understand why it isn't painfully obvious that this is exactly what he is being INSTRUCTED to do by his LAWYER. It's not like he has whatever attitude towards this investigation. He is just doing what he is told

Looks like ML has the "I'm an NFL player, you can't touch me" attitude. I really didn't get that impression when he was drafted, he seemed pretty humble. But I guess millions of dollars will change things a bit. It's discouraging to hear some of this stuff. Athletes are so lucky to be making insane amounts of money for playing a game, it's a shame that some think they are untouchable...

Link

Star athletes can certainly be a pain but I wouldn't call them "lucky". They work damn hard to get where they are and professional football is a business masquerading as a game. The money they make is not insane, it is what the market has determined their very special skills to be worth.

Sorry mate, didn't see the LINK in there and I thought you were commenting on this incident.

The article itself is bs, nothing more than an attempt to discredit Marshawn's credibility via his cheapness on not paying for drinks and cops ASSUMING he has a cavalier attitude about traffic violations.

I hope it's not true, I really hate hearing about these pampered athletes with sh-- attitudes. I do not believe everything I read, especially in the Buffalo News, but if it is true it's disheartening.

I have a cavalier attitude about traffic violations too. I think speeding limits at certain times of day are stupid. Does that make me a felon or a person of moral corruption?

It depends..If you believe there` should be speeding limits at certain times of day are stupid, that's your opinion and there's nothing wrong with that.

Now if you believe you're above the law and go well above those posted speed limits, or go through stop signs and red lights because they are stupid or because you believe they are wrong or just don't care, that would be cavalier.

I haven't chimed in on this whole ML thing, but I am just getting frustrated at reading too many ridiculous posts. So many of you are taking it personally, or a sign of Marshawn's character that he hasn't spoken to police. I don't understand why it isn't painfully obvious that this is exactly what he is being INSTRUCTED to do by his LAWYER. It's not like he has whatever attitude towards this investigation. He is just doing what he is told

Here's one poster that thinks that strategy will backfire. If you rob a bank, you commit a criminal act and you understand why a person who would do that does not "turn themself in". Marshawn or whoever was driving had an accident. Nothing more. Foolish to drive away, but there may be an explanation for that. Do these guys (after the car has been identified) really think that by keeping quiet this whole thing will go away? That's laughable. The police will solve this, and when they do, they'll likely be less inclined to cooperate. Add the NFL commissioner and the victim to that list too, and look at what this has done to Lynch's public perception. People will see him in a different light now. Just another NFL athlete that can't keep his nose clean. He should have cooperated immediately IMO. He (and whoever was driving if not him) will pay a higher price now that they didn't. Lawyers give bad advice too.

Star athletes can certainly be a pain but I wouldn't call them "lucky". They work damn hard to get where they are and professional football is a business masquerading as a game. The money they make is not insane, it is what the market has determined their very special skills to be worth.

Maybe lucky isn't the best word, how about fortunate. I would love to have the talent and would be happy to work "damn hard" to get paid an insane amount of money...

- When you read about Lynch and his family issues (minor incidents with traffic laws and police) and now this.....don't be surprised if Marshawn and his family bolt Buffalo the very first opportunity they get (when his contract comes up). I doubt they like it here from the sounds of it.

I seem to recall a certain player named Bruce Smith who had similar issues with local police, and he ended up staying for a little while.

Maybe lucky isn't the best word, how about fortunate. I would love to have the talent and would be happy to work "damn hard" to get paid an insane amount of money...

Lots of guys with just as much talent never made it because they didn't put in the work. Talent is just hard work in disguise. These guys didn't just wake up one morning running 4.3 40's. They spent hours and hours running, lifting and practicing from Pop Warner right up through 4 years of college.