Good TD, let the purge begin!

Thailog80

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all these people calling Simon and saying how dumb it is to cut Shaw. That he was this great "insurance policy" in case Moulds gets hurt. Gimme a break! People need a reason to complain about anything! The bottom line is that someone's head needed to roll after a dismal 0-4 start, if nothing else, than to send a wake up call to the rest of the team (especially offense) to get their heads out of their a$$es.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Meaningless, Shaw can't give them anything. As mentioned, this weeks game plan goes in today, after Shaw saw the door. Any plays from previous games any high school coach can pick up from game film. And from watching Shaw he doesn't seem to know where he's going half the time anyway.

Not sure if that's the best way to do your business. Shaw is a vet and I'm sure he has a family and wants to catch on with another team. There is no need to publicly state that he didn't understand a playbook, or had inferior skills, etc... let other teams figure that out! They have the same access to the film that everyone else has...

It's very rare that they'll call someone out after releasing them and say why they sucked unless they did something really serious. Bottom line, he sucked and we got rid of him. He's someone else's problem now.

I hope the answer wasn't that they wanted to go in a "different direction." That's a stock BS answer. It tells us nothing, and at this point with this team we deserve to know a bit more about it.

I'd expect him to say something like this:

"Bobby is a great guy and a good player. We just felt that his downfield blocking wasn't what we needed in our current scheme. Additionally, we didn't feel that he had a good grasp of the playbook at this point in the season, which caused him to make some mistakes. We're sorry things didn't work out with him, and we're sure he'll find a productive role on another team."

Did he say something like that, or was it the same BS "Different direction" thing?

68734[/snapback]

We get nothing. The answer for the vacated roster spot? Drum roll....

Drew Haddad.

WooHoo!

You can't convince me that they couldn't get a FUGGIN 7th rounder for him...

68716[/snapback]

Would you give up a 7th rounder for the 4th wide receiver on a 0-4 team's depth chart? Give me a break.

How would you like to come down for a look at the team. We can certianly guarentee you some playing time, have you seen our offense? How about the #3 spot with a chance for #2? Sound good? Well just need one thing....the Bills gameplan for us this week. Now lets sign those papers.

:huh:

If Miami is smart they have already called him.

68735[/snapback]

That's all well and good, but Miami has no QB or RB. I don't think anyone will lose any sleep at OBD if Shaw flies south.

I am a little unsure of exactly what it is you think he could tell miami. I mean, our offensive attack has been pretty well...offensive. What will he say? Drew is washed up and put pressure on him and he cant do crap. The offensive line cant block, and MM is incapable of coming up with anything other than what you have seen on tape for the last 4 weeks? Come on...who cares. As far as I am concerned we could just post our playbook on BB.com.

I'm telling you guys the release was because of the (lack of) hot read adjustments, which carried back to last year.

68776[/snapback]

The stats for our WR corps this year support your position-

While Shaw has only caught 41% of the balls thrown his way this year he has not been credited (or debited as it were) with a drop, while Reed has dropped three of the 13 balls thrown his way, bringing in only 31%. Moulds has dropped 3 also but his total catches (38) and percentage of caught balls is much higher at 68%.

For some perspective on Moulds underachieving season so far, Hines Ward has had the same number of balls thown his way this year but he hasn't dropped one, putting him up around 90% in caught balls thrown to him. With Hines Ward on our roster instead of EMoulds it would seem fair to argue we're no worse than a 2-2 team right now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Shaw thing as a culmination of read problems, attitude and the fact that the balance of our WR corps needs a serious wake up call.

RING RING RING

You dopesmokers who say we should trade for Rice-PUT THE BONG DOWN.

We need OL help and if we trade for anyone, it should be for an O-lineman. We could have 10 WRs on the field, but if you don't have time to throw, no one can catch the ball.

At first, this move surprised me a little but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Whether it was TD or MM, the owner calls out our offense. Who's the sacrificial lamb?

Depth concerns and upside rule out almost everyone.

If the message was "vets aren't immune, WR's have to catch, blown assignments will get you canned"?

Bobby Shaw was the perfect choice.

i'm willing to bet that shaw was cut for reasons unknown to any of us. sure they said it was his production on and off the field, but i'm willing to bet it was something else... could it be possible that shaw was "cancer" in the locker room. maybe he was continuously bitching about the coaching staff and affecting others with his thoughts? i just don't understand this, not that i really liked bobby shaw, but something stinks in this one.

I think this may have been more about Eric Moulds and Sam Aiken than about Bobby Shaw. The Bills are likely to cut or trade Eric Moulds after the season:

1. Eric Moulds is declining

2. His cap figure will be $8 million next season

3. Sam Aiken has the same height and weight as Moulds

4. TD will be unable to resist the temptation to solve his cap problems by cutting an overpaid, declining Butler player.

5. When the Losman era begins, it will make sense for him to build chemistry with younger WRs who will be here a while.

We can really attack our cap problems by cutting Moulds, but ONLY if we know that Sam Aiken can step into Moulds' shoes. That means getting Aiken playing time NOW rather than later. With Josh Reed underachieving and Bobby Shaw gone, the door is now wide open for Aiken to move into the #3 WR spot this year; en route to being one of our two starting WRs next year.

I realize that Aiken for Moulds will probably be a downgrade. But with salary cap problems, you are going to get hurt somewhere. Probably Aiken for Moulds will give us a lot of salary cap improvement for only a little pain.

I think this may have been more about Eric Moulds and Sam Aiken than about Bobby Shaw. The Bills are likely to cut or trade Eric Moulds after the season:

1. Eric Moulds is declining

2. His cap figure will be $8 million next season

3. Sam Aiken has the same height and weight as Moulds

4. TD will be unable to resist the temptation to solve his cap problems by cutting an overpaid, declining Butler player.

5. When the Losman era begins, it will make sense for him to build chemistry with younger WRs who will be here a while.

We can really attack our cap problems by cutting Moulds, but ONLY if we know that Sam Aiken can step into Moulds' shoes. That means getting Aiken playing time NOW rather than later. With Josh Reed underachieving and Bobby Shaw gone, the door is now wide open for Aiken to move into the #3 WR spot this year; en route to being one of our two starting WRs next year.

I realize that Aiken for Moulds will probably be a downgrade. But with salary cap problems, you are going to get hurt somewhere. Probably Aiken for Moulds will give us a lot of salary cap improvement for only a little pain.

69911[/snapback]

Interesting take. But if Moulds is gone, Evans is #1, and Aiken is #3, who is #2???

At this time, I'm not sold on having Josh Reed start at all.

Interesting take. But if Moulds is gone, Evans is #1, and Aiken is #3, who is #2???

At this time, I'm not sold on having Josh Reed start at all.

69947[/snapback]

In my scenario, Aiken moves up to #3 this year, and pairs with Evans to be part of our top two next year. Evans may already be the best WR on this team.

I wouldn't like it if we traded Moulds, but I bet we could swing a trade and get a first round pick for him.  As far as Jerry Rice is concerned, I won't be suprised if he ends up in New England if he does get traded.

69954[/snapback]

Imo, Eric would be tough to trade. As cp posted, he is under contract to earn approx 11.5 million in 05 and 06. I dont think that too many teams would pay this money to an aging wideout.

I would like to see a renegotiation, but it is a safe bet that Eric will not play in Buffalo in 05 with his current contract.

Message Received.

WTF?

68330[/snapback]

This isn't even a big deal. Big friggin deal, they cut Bobby Shaw. Yeah, this sends a clear message......it says that if you suck a few times and your a nobody, you're gone. If you suck, and you are not a no-name, then you'll continue to play.

Shaw, big friggin deal.

Bench someone who is a slacker (Mike Williams), OR who is just playing bad football (Henry), and then talk to me.

Ummm, Shaw cut? Who cares.