Kelly Roberts [1968-2006]

SDS

I think some are talking as if Thailog was a good person that did a bad thing. NO good person could do the things described in those articles. Bad people can be funny, nice, and caring. They can love there children, and they can love there family. Kelly probably had a lot of those traits and qualities at times. I pray god gives those children the strength to understand this one day. Perhaps to forgive him for what he did. But as someone who only knew him on a message forum nothing he contributed online speaks as loud as what happend that day.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...killing himself was just a way too easy way to go out and not face justice!!!!

774636[/snapback]

Or guilt. Could have felt awfult for a moment of extreme insanity.

Whole lot of judgement going on by a good number of people who never even knew his real name before now. Fine and dandy...people need to pass judgement, it's part of explaining the inexplicable. Don't mistake it for insight, though.

And just because you (the general "you", not you specifically, Jamiebuf12) have an opinion, it doesn't mean you need to share it. Keep in mind, Thailog80's older kids could potentially be reading this...

I don't know this guy from Adam, I do know that many people on this board pile-on obvious topics. This isn't Mike Williams getting cut after being taken 4th in the draft....this is a supposed friend who has died. As horrible an act he may have commited, he himself is dead, and is deserving of the same dignity given to any other who has passed. If you want to get a gold star for being on the "Murder is Bad Bandwagon", then congratulations, some of you have earned it. Disappointment and shock is expected, damnation is a bit too far down the grief track for my liking to be taken sincere at this point.

774615[/snapback]

Would you feel the same way if it was your family member who was murdered? It's easy to preach forgiveness and understanding when it's someone elses family. Most people would agree that you forfeit your right to a dignified passing when you ruin so many lives on your way out.

there's way too much bickering going on here... Lets face it, a guy went nuts and killed his wife then killed himself. The reality is that he left behind children, parents, and friends. We can all agree that Kelly made some bad choices, so lets not argue on semantics... We should pay respects to the family and offer support to the children, period.

Would you feel the same way if it was your family member who was murdered?  It's easy to preach forgiveness and understanding when it's someone elses family.  Most people would agree that you forfeit your right to a dignified passing when you ruin so many lives on your way out.

774647[/snapback]

Nice Sig Line

I don't know this guy from Adam, I do know that many people on this board pile-on obvious topics. This isn't Mike Williams getting cut after being taken 4th in the draft....this is a supposed friend who has died. As horrible an act he may have commited, he himself is dead, and is deserving of the same dignity given to any other who has passed. If you want to get a gold star for being on the "Murder is Bad Bandwagon", then congratulations, some of you have earned it. Disappointment and shock is expected, damnation is a bit too far down the grief track for my liking to be taken sincere at this point.

774615[/snapback]

Disappointment and shock? I think maybe you have this thread confused with another relatively recent event that would fall under that category. The tragedy that occurred earlier this year involved someone who both carried out the act and served as the victim. His pain was palpable even among those who barely knew him, and the fact that he was eventually overtaken by the immensity of his grief and suffering was truly tragic. He was, and is, deserving of every ounce of dignity, respect, and mourning that was paid to him on this message board and beyond it, IMO.

The events of this Thursday are obviously much different. While there were many victims created as a result of his actions, I certainly do not consider him to be rightly counted among them.

I don't care what his wife said or did, she was not deserving of such horrifying treatment. Those young children do not deserve to have their childhood stained with all that will come along as a result of what was done. Their situation is so damn far beyond what I can even fathom, I can't even begin to speculate on the various ways this will impact them for the rest of their lives. Many of us have been through the pain of divorce, and we are very familiar with the sort of thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that accompany it. Whatever had transpired between him and his wife was certainly not unique to them.

Disappointment and shock? I think maybe you have this thread confused with another relatively recent event that would fall under that category. The tragedy that occurred earlier this year involved someone who both carried out the act and served as the victim. His pain was palpable even among those who barely knew him, and the fact that he was eventually overtaken by the immensity of his grief and suffering was truly tragic. He was, and is, deserving of every ounce of dignity, respect, and mourning that was paid to him on this message board and beyond it, IMO.

The events of this Thursday are obviously much different. While there were many victims created as a result of his actions, I certainly do not consider him to be rightly counted among them.

I don't care what his wife said or did, she was not deserving of such horrifying treatment. Those young children do not deserve to have their childhood stained with all that will come along as a result of what was done. Their situation is so damn far beyond what I can even fathom, I can't even begin to speculate on the various ways this will impact them for the rest of their lives. Many of us have been through the pain of divorce, and we are very familiar with the sort of thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that accompany it. Whatever had transpired between him and his wife was certainly not unique to them.

774660[/snapback]

well said ,this very tragic event leaves behind children with no mother or father and that is what is tragic .

i had just talked to him on wed and his reply came back at 12:31 pm wed.

i hope everyone here takes a step back and looks at themselves and ask youself what can you do to be a better person .say a prayer for the kids .

I am floored, once again.

I've been coming to this board for years and his was one of the many voices that has kept me company. I didn't know him personally, but it still hits hard. What a tragedy.

!@#$! !@#$! !@#$! I am still recovering from reading about BIB. !@#$! Kelly and Paul were my friends! I wish to God I could of hung out with both of them! Horrible news.......................!@#$!

I pray for the children and the wife- horrible news all around

I saw this thread pinned atop TBD and I could not believe it. I saw Kelly's name up there and thought "Holy S--t! Kelly?! NO!"... As many of you know, I am the guy on TBD that ruffles feathers from time to time. Some people love it, most hate it, but a slight few realize the fun I'm just having. Kelly was one of those people. He was one of the only people on here who I could put a face with a name. One of the few who realized how un-important, yet at the same time so-important, Buffalo Bills footbal was. In most of his off-season posts and in many of his PM's he talked about family more than anything. He, or so I was fooled to believe, was one of those 'good' guys.

And then that selfish son-of-a-B word takes his children's mother and father away from them.

If that coward had mental issues... issues that were more difficult to deal with that any of us want to think about... fine... end it. End your life. End your life and make those children have to deal without having a father around.

But instead, he kills his wife, and much more importantly, the mother of his children.

"He was such a great guy"... "He knew his football".. "He was so funny"

!@#$ all that. The world is better off without people that would kill their children's mother.

774660[/snapback]

I disagree.

I believe a reaction of RIP or "Rest in Peace" is unwarranted for any person who takes a life - their own or otherwise. You cannot take a life without taking others too. Pieces of other lifes are ripped to shreds. Whole families are torn apart. This, my friends, is the last - most despicable act. Because it has NO mercy. There are no takebacks. No healing. It is the most violence that you can bring. Killing.

I restrained myself from the lovefest that accompanied the first suicide. Lionizing and finding meaning - "he went to meet his love" crap. Not while children and family are left to pick up the pieces and sort thru their own feelings of hurt, guilt and shame. And suicide breeds suicide. Children of parents who kill themselves, are themselves at a far greater risk. It becomes acceptable. Cool even in some strange circles.

And it is not acceptable. It is vile and evil. It is the different side of the same coin murder/suicide. Do you think that it is only coincidental or accidental that family of those who kill themselves are pained by guilt and remorse? It ain't. It is the purpose of the whole thing.

And I am glad that at least in this case (murder) we see the act for what it is. Violence against the world. Anger and violence against the family.

Do you suffer from pain?

There is a sure way out. I swear this will work. I promise it will work.

If you suffer from pain, admit it. Recognize it. Now go and find someone else who has pain. And make it your lifes work to take away their pain. And as you do that; as you take care of another, your pain will subside. Suicide and murder are simply attempting to lay pain on someone else. When you spend your days ruminating about laying the wood to someone else, maybe even someone who harmed you, you descend into the hell that will consume you. To get out, start by getting someone else out.

When you become a loving person, you cannot bring yourself to hurt. But when you are preoccupied with being a beast and hating, you become a partner to death and destruction.

And when you do that, you deserve our contempt. Not our regards.

May those who have spent their life in service, when they die, may THEY rest in peace.