Kelly Roberts [1968-2006]

SDS

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people have expressed this sentiment and while I certainly understand trying to shield the kids, particularly the oldest, from additional pain, I am uncertain what we would be shielding them from.

1.  I doubt he is surfing the internet right now while with his extended family.

2.  What words written on a computer screen could even approach the magnitude of grief of losing both parents due to the actions of his father?

again, I understand the sentiment, but if the idea is that the oldest shouldn't read unflattering things about his father - I'm not sure that would even be a blip on his radar screen right now.  JMHO.

775014[/snapback]

You know I agree with you here. However, there may be a time to Kibosh this thread. Yes, crime scene reports and crime scene photos, could be available down the line for these children. I think some are just saying, lets not contribute to the grief.

Though, some are already saying, that even if this thread was deleted, its still out there in the cyber world. Of which, I'm not knowledgeable of.....

The couple had been involved in a series of domestic violence incidents, the latest a week ago, Granville Chief Ernest Bassett said.

State Police Troop G BCI Capt. Frank Pace said Roberts acted alone in killing his wife.

"There was a lot of angst between the two of them," Pace said, describing the relationship.

Dawn Roberts' brother, Harley Bovey of Manchester, Vt., painted a portrait of his sister as an abused woman who stayed strong for the sake of her children.

"He used to wake her up in the middle of the night by screaming in her ear so she'd jump out of bed," said Bovey, 44. "She hid a lot of stuff from me. She didn't want me to know what she had been through."

Bovey described his sister, who worked at the Mettowee Valley Nursery, as a caring, optimistic woman who loved her children and flowers more than anything.

"She did everything. She was not only the female in the relationship, but the male, too," said Bovey. "She'd mow the lawn and fix the trim on the house."

doesn't matter what we say...there's alot more crap that's going to be dug up by the media that will villainize him...

I just saw this thread and found out what happened. I am shocked.

I am also sorry for my posts about Dolphin Week while the rest of you were dealing with this.

Football will take back seat for a while....

On the one hand, it might keep us from being too surprised when things like this happen...

On the other hand, if you get TOO close...  :o

775093[/snapback]

i doubt you could really tell if someone is liable to do something like this, but TBH, kelly was the only dude on this site who actually apologized to me for all the pedophile jokes.

I've met a few.  Trust me, big pasty white guys with huge craniums are a little odd.  Well technically that was only one, but he was strange enough.

775094[/snapback]

haha ok, well since I'm on the complete opposite side of VA and poor (therefore I havent been to a bills game :( ), I haven't met anyone from this board haha......but maybe thats a good thing then ????????

Its kinda hard finding bill fans in my area.... :o

but I was just saying

haha ok, well since I'm on the complete opposite side of VA and poor (therefore I havent been to a bills game :(  ), I haven't met anyone from this board haha......but maybe thats a good thing then ????????

Its kinda hard finding bill fans in my area.... :o

but I was just saying

775096[/snapback]

Where you at? Trust me, I think I am too close sometimes to these folks. They scare me.

Wise County,VA......its where Julius and Thomas Jones went to high school, boy they never let you forget that either!

30-45mins from like 4 states.....

775098[/snapback]

I had to look that up on a map. Holy crap that out there.

BTW, wiki has some interesting info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_County,_Virginia

You guys make Salt Lake City seem diverse.

The racial makeup of the county was 96.88% White, 1.78% Black or African American, 0.16% Native American, 0.30% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.61% from two or more races. 0.73% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.