Kelly Roberts [1968-2006]

SDS

I had to look that up on a map.  Holy crap that out there. 

BTW, wiki has some interesting info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_County,_Virginia

You guys make Salt Lake City seem diverse. 

The racial makeup of the county was 96.88% White, 1.78% Black or African American, 0.16% Native American, 0.30% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.61% from two or more races. 0.73% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

775100[/snapback]

LOL we got more mexicans here .......they are probably not here legal LOL

the black people are mostly either hid somewhere or in the 2 state prisons we have in our county which are both level 5 and level 6 max prisons. Otherwise they are playing for the state champion HS football team........blah blah :(

Where I live is where Sam Walton built the first VA walmart LOL.......and yes, people are overly thrilled about that too.

Its nice and quiet here........not as much bible beating as you think, thats a lil more toward TN honestly. But yes we are on the edge of nothing over here lol

(sorry for making the thread go off topic here......but atleast its cheerful :o )

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if he had tickets to the opener? Can I have them?

775069[/snapback]

In this moment, how you can think about that??? Somethings are more important than football.

:o

Honestly though, should we get to know our TBD aquintances more than we do?

775087[/snapback]

Honestly, I hope that this is a very isolated case. But overall, I am guessing that those on TSW are a true makeup of society, with some ex-cons posting their opinion on the site. That said, I think the vast majority of people on this forum are great people with great intentions. I have made a great rapport with certain people on the board with interests in coaching, track and field, and being a college student at Brockport. I have only met two people from TSW in person, but this was because i knew the one already, and the other i met at a Bills game. So, I don't go out of my way to meet people from online, but i am willing to meet in public areas and form my own opinions of the person from there.

I would say that meeting someone from the internet is like agreeing to go on a blind date with a friend of the creepy guy at work. You have to show caution and use your best judgement to make sure you don't become a victim of predators.

He was suspected of killing Dawn M. Roberts, 35, in the couple's home sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Thursday. Authorities said he then took the couple's 7-month-old daughter to his parents home in Middle Granville, left the child with them and told them he had harmed his wife, officials said.

If you look at the times of his last post...it looks like he might have actually posted AFTER he killed her.  I'll say it again...WTF.

774400[/snapback]

The most recent post I can find for him is Sept 13. Where are the more recent ones?

I know Scott said, think about what you post. Let me preface what I'm about to post, with, he was a friend of mine, more than most here might realize. The bottom line is, he killed his wife. While I'll miss his intelligent posts about our Buffalo Bills. There's still one thing that will carry on forever. Murderer.

I'll miss him, but.......

I hope he rots in Hell, forever.

774544[/snapback]

Listen, we don't know all the circumstances. Sometimes people just "snap." Maybe his wife was subjecting him to psychological abuse, threatening to take the kids away, we just don't know and should not judge. I'm not condoning what he did, we just don't know the complexities of the circumstances and what was going on in his head. It's a sad sad scenario and that is all how we should look at it. Don't judge... just feel for the children and the lost souls.

Listen, we don't know all the circumstances. Sometimes people just "snap." Maybe his wife was subjecting him to psychological abuse, threatening to take the kids away, we just don't know and should not judge. I'm not condoning what he did, we just don't know the complexities of the circumstances and what was going on in his head. It's a sad sad scenario and that is all how we should look at it. Don't judge... just feel for the children and the lost souls.

775119[/snapback]

In a similar vein, we also shouldn't come up with potential excuses for and surrounding his actions.

It is what it is..

His image? Like that has any importance now. He killed someone intentionally. A murderer.

775115[/snapback]

Sad but true.

I hope his wife has peace now and I hope he is answering his actions somewhere (I'm not religious but hopeful).

The whole situation stinks, poor kids.

775119[/snapback]

Hey Mike, if someone "just snapped" and killed a loved one in your family would you write the same thing? Would you "not judge"?

The complexities and circumstances mean absolutely nothing to the dead person or their mourning family. The bottom line here is that someone decided to take the life of someone else and then his own, leaving 3 children to now fend for themselves in this world.

Hey Mike, if someone "just snapped" and killed a loved one in your family would you write the same thing?  Would you "not judge"?

The complexities and circumstances mean absolutely nothing to the dead person or their mourning family.  The bottom line here is that someone decided to take the life of someone else and then his own, leaving 3 children to now fend for themselves in this world.

775142[/snapback]

And since he probably has some friends on this board who are probably shocked and in pain at the whole event, maybe, rather than bashing the guy (which won't change a damn thing), just keep the opinion to yourself?

Hey Mike, if someone "just snapped" and killed a loved one in your family would you write the same thing?  Would you "not judge"?

775142[/snapback]

For my part...yes. But then, this isn't my first exposure to this sort of thing (best friend in college was brutally raped and bludgeoned by her boyfriend), so I adjusted to the reality of this sort of thing almost two decades ago. And like someone else said...it is what it is.

And, I might add, I've seen things reported in the news reports that I know were wrong or innacurate. That's why I said earlier...while I won't criticize anyone for judging, don't equate it to some sort of insight.

And "adjusted to" does not mean "inured to". I still have nightmares about my friend in college, 20 years later.

And since he probably has some friends on this board who are probably shocked and in pain at the whole event, maybe, rather than bashing the guy (which won't change a damn thing), just keep the opinion to yourself?

775144[/snapback]

First off, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Secondly, I have to agree Meazza.

We know what he did was wrong, but if you want to be a dick, keep it to yourself.

Its is sick and sad at the same time. We all need to just reflect and hope those children are ok. We all should keep the bad cracks to ourselves.....

I just hope all find peace on the other side.....

When things like this happen, we all should take care of friends, listen to people, and help when times need.....