Most Overratted player

Who else thinks that Big Ben is overratted beyond belief. His stats are in the middle of the pack and in the super bowl in which he played "great" according to the so called experts the only touchdown was thrown by randle el to hines ward. Big ben throw two picks for 120 some odd yards wow hes a keeper. he was a product of Bill Cower and Bettis. With out randle el or bettis pitt will miss the playoffs

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else thinks that Big Ben is overratted beyond belief. His stats are in the middle of the pack and in the super bowl in which he played "great" according to the so called experts the only touchdown was thrown by randle el to hines ward. Big ben throw two picks for 120 some odd yards wow hes a keeper. he was a product of Bill Cower and Bettis. With out randle el or bettis pitt will miss the playoffs

719350[/snapback]

I still think that Roethlisburger has some learning to do, but he has the one thing that not a lot of young QB's have: poise and confidence...okay the two things that not a lot of young QB's have. He makes some mistakes, true, but he doesn't lose his composure. He is only going to get better, in my opinion.

Oh, please. The dude helped take his team right through a full season, through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl. I can't help but feel like someone is just posting craziness in the hopes that assssholes like me will call them out on it.

Oh, please. The dude helped take his team right through a full season, through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl. I can't help but feel like someone is just posting craziness in the hopes that assssholes like me will call them out on it.

719366[/snapback]

Uh-oh. Now you've gone and done it.

719350[/snapback]

I disagree...While Ben might not have the Stats to back him up...he comes up

big in clutch situations....

Even in the SB, he made a great play on that 3rd and 30+ yards....to get the

ball to Hines Ward at the 1 yard line.....then he had the QB sneak.... If he

does not make that play, the Steelers are punting the ball or going for a long

FG.

And every single play off game, the steelers came out gunning the ball rather than running it, thereby throwing the Defense off guard....and in those opening drives

against Denver and Indy, Big Ben made big plays that counted......

Had he not had that motorcycle accident I think he would have gone on to a great NFL career.  Unfortunately for him, and for Steelers fans, I don't think he'll ever be the same.

719402[/snapback]

what do you mean? I thought he was on his way to a complete and full recovery?

As far as most overrated player.......Tedi Bruschi.

most overrated- LaDainian Tomlinson  Not that hes not good but hes not as good as say tiki barber or shaun alexander

719421[/snapback]

Tomilinson is as good a RB if not better than Alexander. is the most overrated in the RBs you listed. In terms of BIG Ben he got my noimination in the previous thread mentioning most overrated players now and of all time.

most overrated- LaDainian Tomlinson  Not that hes not good but hes not as good as say tiki barber or shaun alexander

719421[/snapback]

I agree. Tiki Barber is the most underrated player in football. I think he is the best RB in the NFL when he doesnt fumble and seemed to have fixed that the last couple years.

719421[/snapback]

Umm, no. The Chargers OL and passing game was a joke in 2003 and the guy still averaged 5+ yards/carry. He played all of 2004 with a groin injury and still scored every game. He was pretty good last year.

OP - Big Ben played very well in 3 road playoff games; that's good enough for me. You're right that he had a poor Super Bowl though.

719421[/snapback]

wow, what are you smoking. LT is the second best player in the league next to Payton. Hands down. As for Big Ben he is going to be a solid player for a long time. As long as he stays off that bike.