Thank You, Isiah Thomas

The escapades of Thomas and the Knicks takes the Bills out of the national news as a laughing stock organization. Draft a 2nd round prospect with the 20th pick??

Make a big deal about getting Larry Brown then dump him after one season??

THis makes Ralph and Marv look quite a bit better.

The only thing better than the three ring circus that was the Knicks last year is the certainty that Isiah will now have to wear all year the poopy diapers he made and actually have to coach this neolithic assemblage of talent he's responsible for creating. I love that Dolan still owes Brown $40+ million! That's just fantastic.

The escapades of Thomas and the Knicks takes the Bills out of the national news as a laughing stock organization.  Draft a 2nd round prospect with the 20th pick??

716503[/snapback]

What exactly have the Bills done to be a laughing stock other than rate players higher on their draft board than Mel Kiper & his cronies, have an owner force the issue of small market teams before the final agreement is written and force out the most incompetent coach in Bills history***? I don't think the Bills have done one thing this offseason to be considered a laughingstock by any INTELLIGENT reporter. The guys bagging on the Bills in the media are the true laughingstocks.

***-Mike Mularkey- a guy who made Harvey Johnson, Hank Bullough, Gregg Williams and others look adequate compared with his bufoonery both on the field and in the locker room (alienating vets like telling Sam adams guys who couldn't hold his jock were better off in the starting lineup than him).

***-Mike Mularkey- a guy who made Harvey Johnson, Hank Bullough, Gregg Williams and others look adequate compared with his bufoonery both on the field and in the locker room (alienating vets like telling Sam adams guys who couldn't hold his jock were better off in the starting lineup than him).

716515[/snapback]

Where did you hear that? I had been under the impression that the problem Adams had was with Jerry Gray, and that Gray was the one who took him out of the lineup. I don't have any links to back that up, other than the fact that the Dolphins immediately went after Sam Adams in free agency, and Adams' agent said something to that effect. That Adams' problem "was with another coach" not the one here in Miami. Otherwise he wouldn't be down here. Something like that.

**-Mike Mularkey- a guy who made Harvey Johnson, Hank Bullough, Gregg Williams and others look adequate compared with his bufoonery both on the field and in the locker room (alienating vets like telling Sam adams guys who couldn't hold his jock were better off in the starting lineup than him).

716515[/snapback]

My personal favorite: Berating WM after game 2 or 3 for not hitting the many holes MM's ace OL was providing. Only holes on the field in those games resided in Mularkey's head.

Where did you hear that? I had been under the impression that the problem Adams had was with Jerry Gray, and that Gray was the one who took him out of the lineup. I don't have any links to back that up, other than the fact that the Dolphins immediately went after Sam Adams in free agency, and Adams' agent said something to that effect. That Adams' problem "was with another coach" not the one here in Miami. Otherwise he wouldn't be down here. Something like that.

716520[/snapback]

I heard it the day Sam Adams left the stadium after being told by Mularkey he was among the inactives. He or his agent went to the media and said Mularkey told him that the active guys could help the team more than him. I have no link at this time, just my memory listening to the radio, but if I get one I'll edit the post.

Edit: Here it is

Friction between Adams, Mularkey is a personal thing, says player's agent

Leo Roth

Staff writer

(November 28, 2005) — ORCHARD PARK — An ongoing personality conflict between Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl defensive tackle Sam Adams and coach Mike Mularkey has boiled over, agent Angelo Wright said late Sunday night.

That was the reason Adams was ruled inactive and was not on the sidelines for Sunday's home game against Carolina. Mularkey said the reason Adams didn't play was medical — Adams has battled knee and ankle problems recently — but Wright said the real reason is personal.

"This guy doesn't like Sam Adams and that's fine," Wright said. "You don't have to like him to play him. Sam wants to play. He likes Buffalo. But you got a coach there who doesn't like him personally and he's doing everything he can to make it look like it's the player. He's making Sam the distraction."

Jay Glazer, the Fox sideline reporter who worked the game, said on air that Adams told him before leaving the stadium that Mularkey said he wasn't playing Sunday and that the team had a better chance to win without him.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../511280340/1021

I'll chime in a little here.

Isiah Thomas has no business coaching or managing anything in the NBA. But, "troothfully" and honestly, James Dolan has no business owning a sports franchise... let alone the Knicks, Rangers, and the Garden. This dirtbag is a total disgrace to not only all owners who own sports franchises, but to any sports fan as well.

Lastly, as far as the Bills being a "laughing stock". Well, if that is so, it is well deserved. That is what 5 and 11 gets you in the world of professional football.

I heard it the day Sam Adams left the stadium after being told by Mularkey he was among the inactives.  He or his agent went to the media and said Mularkey told him that the active guys could help the team more than him.  I have no link at this time, just my memory listening to the radio, but if I get one I'll edit the post.

Leo Roth

Staff writer

(November 28, 2005) — ORCHARD PARK — An ongoing personality conflict between Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl defensive tackle Sam Adams and coach Mike Mularkey has boiled over, agent Angelo Wright said late Sunday night.

That was the reason Adams was ruled inactive and was not on the sidelines for Sunday's home game against Carolina. Mularkey said the reason Adams didn't play was medical — Adams has battled knee and ankle problems recently — but Wright said the real reason is personal.

"This guy doesn't like Sam Adams and that's fine," Wright said. "You don't have to like him to play him. Sam wants to play. He likes Buffalo. But you got a coach there who doesn't like him personally and he's doing everything he can to make it look like it's the player. He's making Sam the distraction."

Jay Glazer, the Fox sideline reporter who worked the game, said on air that Adams told him before leaving the stadium that Mularkey said he wasn't playing Sunday and that the team had a better chance to win without him. 

716599[/snapback]

Holy crap. I don't recall this at all, and you'd have thought it would have been discussed ad nauseum on the wall.

I heard it the day Sam Adams left the stadium after being told by Mularkey he was among the inactives.  He or his agent went to the media and said Mularkey told him that the active guys could help the team more than him.  I have no link at this time, just my memory listening to the radio, but if I get one I'll edit the post.

Leo Roth

Staff writer

716599[/snapback]

Thanks for that. It adds to what a total mess the Bills were last year and how MM lost the team. I was just looking for the Wright quote about the Dolphins but couldn't find it quickly. Although I came across a place where Adams denied what Wright said (although I figured that was Adams just being a nice guy and diplomatic, which he usually is). I know for sure that Wright said those things in Miami, but that is obviously (after reading the above article) because he is a scumbag agent who will say anything as he is trying to get his client a job. I do think, however, if Mularkey really didn't like Adams or think he was good enough to play for the Bills, that Saban wouldn't have brought him in, and it wouldn't have been the Dolphins or the Bengals to sign him. MM would have said no way (meaning he's not worth it, not that he has any power over there).

What exactly have the Bills done to be a laughing stock other than rate players higher on their draft board than Mel Kiper & his cronies, have an owner force the issue of small market teams before the final agreement is written and force out the most incompetent coach in Bills history***?  I don't think the Bills have done one thing this offseason to be considered a laughingstock by any INTELLIGENT reporter.  The guys bagging on the Bills in the media are the true laughingstocks. 

716515[/snapback]

If you ask Mort from ESPN, it will be the canning of TD :lol:

The escapades of Thomas and the Knicks takes the Bills out of the national news as a laughing stock organization.  Draft a 2nd round prospect with the 20th pick??

716503[/snapback]

See the new Sabres logo? :lol:

716503[/snapback]

I hate this kind of reasoning. The second you start caring about what people who don't matter think, the closer you are to failure. It's a loser's mentality.

Jay-Z needs to sell his stake in the Nets, buy the Knicks, and move'm to Brooklyn. The Knicks owner is a bafoon, Isiah Thomas has absolutely no resemblence of a man who has any clue what he's actually doing, and they've both made the Knicks the place-mat of the NBA. We need to keep Curry, Frye, Robinson, clear out the rest of them, including the front office, and start over from scratch. Get whatever you can for Francis and Marbury, then move on. These guys just don't fit together at all. Where's Oak, Ewing, Mason, Charles Smith, Greg Anthony, and dare I say it, John Starks when you need'm?

We need to keep Curry, Frye, Robinson, clear out the rest of them

Curry is looking more and more like Benoit Benjamin. I'd put him on notice... his play last year was every bit as disgraceful as was Benjamin's play throughout his career.

716503[/snapback]

:rolleyes::pirate::lol::P:)

So friggin true!!!

Yeah, we drafted a safety at #8!

Yeah, he was the 2nd safety selected and even HE was surprised to be taken so early!

Yeah, we traded away a first day pick in spite of having needs all over the field.

Yeah, we drafted 3 dbs with our first 4 picks!

So what! :(

Get whatever you can for Francis and Marbury, then move on.

716938[/snapback]

I'm not sure there's a team in the league that would take Marbury and his contract even if they didn't have to trade anything to the Knicks for him.