What's your bold prediction for 06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will start of slow but the young kids and JP will get on a roll and finsh a respectable 7-9, and everyone will very excited that we have begun to turn the corner. Just as the season winds down the Sabres or on thier way to the division crown and number one seed and an eventaul title for WNY!!! Good lord did I just right that! That cool aide is very good anybody want some? :devil:

709116[/snapback]

Which will include 5 wins at home in the later part of the season.

Lee Evans will have a solid year. Won't make the Pro Bowl until next year, but he'll be well on his way to being our best #1 WR since Andre Reed.

709129[/snapback]

Come on Man, give Moulds his due.

To help JP/running game out, the Bills will end up running more 2-TE than 3-WR formations. As such, Neufeld & Cieslak will make the roster as the Bills will carry 4 TE's. Likewise, only 6 WRs make the roster, and #5 & 6 will be Sam Aiken and Andre Davis, with Fast Freddy just missing at #7. The only "FB" to make the roster will technically be a RB, Joe Burns. All these roster decisions will show that Bobby April has a very big say as to who makes this team, and rightly so.

Roscoe Parrish will be out of football before the season is over.

I hold on to the hope that either Preston, Fowler or Reyes does not suck.

709157[/snapback]

Roscoe Parrish will lead the league in punt returns. (YPR)

I think that fowler and reyes can do decent. The real question is what has been worse for the Bills. Having sh-- o-linemen or having a revolving door of linemen, since we have started roughly 83 different linemen the past 3 years.

The Bills finish 6-10 at best, 3-13 more likely.  As much as I like Marv, and Jauron, the team is in a definite rebuilding mode.  They will get worse, before they get better. 

709153[/snapback]

OK, let's look at the last 3-13 Bills team, from 2001. Take your pick:

Rian Lindell or Jake Arians?

London Fletcher or Brandon Spoon?

Terrence McGee or Chris Watson?

Jason Peters or Marques Sullivan?

Aaron Schobel or Erik Flowers?

Larry Tripplett or Tyrone Robertson?

Look, the Bills might not be world beaters this year, but there's waaaaay more talent on this team than in 2001.

I don't disagree that we're in a rebuilding mode. TD left this team bereft of character, the "role" guys, and it will take time to build that core back up. But 3-13 is ridiculous. That would mean that Meathead and Co actually _added_ value last year, and that most certainly was not the case.

I say the departure of Mularkey and the Misfits (wait! Jerry Gray is blitzing again!) adds up to three wins from last year, putting us at a respectable 8-8 this year.

Look, the Bills might not be world beaters this year, but there's waaaaay more talent on this team than in 2001. 

I don't disagree that we're in a rebuilding mode. TD left this team bereft of character, the "role" guys, and it will take time to build that core back up.  But 3-13 is ridiculous.  That would mean that Meathead and Co actually _added_ value last year, and that most certainly was not the case.

I say the departure of Mularkey and the Misfits (wait! Jerry Gray is blitzing again!) adds up to three wins from last year, putting us at a respectable 8-8 this year.

709192[/snapback]

Hey, I think 6-10 would be a great achievment for the Bills this year. I understand what you are saying about the talent level being higher, overall, with this group than in 2001. However, you could argue that we have now, less talent than last year, and that didn't work out all that well.

Judging from the moves the Bills have made this offseason, I see one of two things:

#1- they haven't a clue as to what they are doing, and no real plan, and are just making changes to save some money

#2- they have a rebuilding plan in place

Because I love Marv, and had been pulling for Jauron to be our HC since Gregg Williams was canned, I am going with #2. Jauron has to know that this team, despite some talent, is a ways off in a number of areas, from being a legit contender. Time to cut bait with some of the older talent, and get the younger guys plugged in. I am getting a less than excited vibe from some of the vetrans, so, in the end, the team will be better off. It may just make for a long season for fans.

As bad as TD ultimately was, I must say, during his era, going into every season, I thought we were going to be one of the dark-horse, surprise teams. I am not getting that feeling at all this year. In fact, I am less optimistic about this coming season, as I have been in 20 years. There really hasn't been one solid move that the team has made, where I have been able to say "great move, what an upgrade over last year!" I hope it happens, but we just went through five years of this...I am still glad the football season is almost upon us again, and I will be rooting, as always, for the Bills...I am just keeping my expectations much lower than usual. I would consider this a successful season, if we come out of it with a clear cut QB (Losman or Nall) for the next 3 years or so...

The Bills finished 5-11 last year and in the off-season got rid of a knucklehead HC, an aging WR & a good but over-the-hill SS.

If Losman or Nall can step up to the plate, I don't see why the Bills can't finish 8-8. Sooner or later the Bills have to get lucky and find some good OL. Whitner will start and be a solid player. TKO will come back to form. Nate will be out to show he wants the BIG F/A dollars.

GO BILLS!!!

I predict JSP will have a massive stroke by the third quarter of week 1.

709186[/snapback]

But then he will make a remarkable comeback and be treated like a near God as everything he posts will become the Absolute Truth. He will then be courted by Suzy Colbert.

I don't disagree that we're in a rebuilding mode. TD left this team bereft of character, the "role" guys, and it will take time to build that core back up.  But 3-13 is ridiculous.  That would mean that Meathead and Co actually _added_ value last year, and that most certainly was not the case.

709192[/snapback]

This is so much like what I've been saying I have to suspect you stole from me. If you did...more power to ya. Maybe we're just 100% on the same wavelength.

For me, it remains almost almost impossible to comprehend what an overall failure as a coach Mularkey was.

Failure to have a vision period.

Failure to exert control over players.

Failure to exert control over coaches.

Failure to change tactics except for jerking around a certain QB.

Failure to to establish his own identity and trying to be an ersatz Cowher.

The only thing he was successful at was burying his head in the sand when he needed to exhibit some form of leadership.