OT- What were you doing 27 years ago?

Some of you were not even born but at NOON 27 years ago today I married the love of my life and it was raining. So say a little prayer for the soul of my dear, dear late husband. It's times like this when I'm hiding in the basement at work with tears rolling down my cheeks that I need this wall and some of the wise craking laughs.

You are my shrink and you rarely let me down. Now if I can only get the players to win I could smile.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you were not even born but at NOON 27 years ago today I married the love of my life and it was raining. So say a little prayer for the soul of my dear, dear late husband.  It's times like this when I'm hiding in the basement at work with tears rolling down my cheeks that I need this wall and some of the wise craking laughs.

You are my shrink and you rarely let me down.  Now if I can only get the players to win I could smile.

52005[/snapback]

Well, I dont know if it means much, but I was still waiting to make my appearance here :0)

But, however you choose to spend this day, I just hope the Wall can be a little break for ya. I'll keep the bickering to a minimum today for ya ;)

Twenty seven years ago I was sitting in the basement at work crying because you were marrying another man. ;)

You're in my thoughts today.

52014[/snapback]

27 years ago today I turned 5 months old to the day. Came out of the womb a Bills fan. Go figure.

27 years ago today, I was a wise ass 16 year old going to St Joes waiting to grow up, get out and get going with my life.....what a long strange trip it's been

Good Luck Cindy, may the hugs be with you!

Some of you were not even born but at NOON 27 years ago today I married the love of my life and it was raining. So say a little prayer for the soul of my dear, dear late husband.  It's times like this when I'm hiding in the basement at work with tears rolling down my cheeks that I need this wall and some of the wise craking laughs.

You are my shrink and you rarely let me down.  Now if I can only get the players to win I could smile.

52005[/snapback]

Cindy, please don't mention shrinkage. We guys are kind of sensitive about that if you know what I mean. ;)

27 years ago I was a Sr. in HS running around trying to get a little. Some things never change.

Hopefully that got at least a grin.

Thoughts and prayers...and best of all a long distance hug from a long distance friend are with you.

52005[/snapback]

Let's see, 1977, I was either at a Roller disco or watching "Happy Days"

27 years ago today it was a Saturday and I was waiting anxiously for the next day's Bills game. The previous year was disappointing and we finished with a 10-game losing streak, in which we scored only 15 points per game. We ended the season with a sound thumping in the final game on the road at the hands of a hated AFC East opponent.

We were then 0-2 after losing to two AFC teams and about to play that same AFC East opponent that creamed us in the final game the previous season. They had a strong, young QB who was tearing up the opposition. We had a new coach who we all hoped would turn things around, but it didn't look good.

But it was still the Bills and I loved them regardless. 27 years later and things don't seem to have changed much, have they!

We ended up losing by 3. ;)

(It was Baltimore, by the way. We ended up 3-11 that year. Ugh!)

What was I doing 27 years ago? I suppose I was beating some punk kid up in the 3rd grade.

Cindy, as I've said to you before, treasure the great memories you had with him and you'll find comfort there. I'll see you in 23 days; hang in there, lady.

52005[/snapback]

27 Years ago today I was teaching young Army LT's Armored Cavalry tactics and tank gunnery. You got the prayer. If it makes you feel any better (or, maybe worse? ;) ) he's got one hell of a good looking blonde to hang out with.

I'm sure they are watching us reading this wall saying. "I just don't get how they can enjoy that place so much" Larry probably showed her all the ropes by now. He always had a thing for blondes.

I'm sure they are watching us reading this wall saying.  "I just don't get how they can enjoy that place so much"  Larry probably showed her all the ropes by now.  He always had a thing for blondes.

52100[/snapback]

If I know Darlene, she's already running the place. Hang in there Cindy. You got lots of good memories in there. And there damn sure ain't nothing wrong with crying from time to time. Treat the both of you to a nice anniversary dinner. Have a nice glass of wine with it. Talk to him. He misses you too.

Lets see....

2004 - 27 = 1977

43 - 27 = 16

hmmmm, oh yea i remember

I was undergoing treatment for a blood disorder called ITP, that

might have been the weekend my platelets dropped to below 1500/cc

and to celebrate, this year on 29 April I had a relapse of the ITP :D

the more things change the more things stay the same :)

Yeah I was 14 just in high school and like Jay hated getting called on because you never knew if the flag pole was going to be in the full upright position.

52241[/snapback]

Fortunately we didn't have to stand when answering. But going up to the blackboard was always an adventure.

Fortunately we didn't have to stand when answering.  But going up to the blackboard was always an adventure.

52244[/snapback]

Amen brutha.

I was 13, and spent the better part of any given day with the 'ole pup tent set up. :) Ahhh, all that energy wasted as a yute...

Prayers are with you #89.

Amen brutha. 

I was 13, and spent the better part of any given day with the 'ole pup tent set up.  :D  Ahhh, all that energy wasted as a yute...

Prayers are with you #89.

52258[/snapback]

The ol' hunched-over peg-leg walk... :)