Great movie scenes

Acantha

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creedy: Defiant until the end, huh? You won't cry like him, will you? You're not afraid of death. You're like me.

V: The only thing that you and I have in common, Mr. Creedy, is that we're both about to die.

Creedy: How do you imagine that's gonna happen?

V: With my hands around your neck.

Creedy: Bullocks. Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.

V: No, what you've have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I will no longer be standing, because if I am you will all be dead before you've reloaded.

Creedy: That's impossible. Kill him.

[The fingermen open fire on V, but he still stands after their clips are empty.]

V: My turn.

Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?! ...Why won't you die?

V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Not one of my favorite movies, but I"m surprised no one brought this up:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear. And when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the STORIES you TELL. You. Lee Harvey. You are a MADMAN. When you and your buddies stole that cow? And then your friends tried to make it with the cow? I wanna party with you, cowboy. The two of us together? ForGET it.

I'll mention two.

First is an oldie but a goodie. In Dog Day Afternoon when Pacino starts screaming

I'm out of order?  I'm out of order?  This whole trial is out of order!

Awesome.

I also like the scene in American Psycho when the american guy goes psycho. That rocked.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, f-ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian sh*t.

Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?"

I was watching Almost Famous earlier today and this question popped up.  I love the part in the movie when they are on the bus and everyone starts singing Tiny Dancer!  Kind of summed up the whole movie, saying no matter what's going on, the music could bring everyone together.

671016[/snapback]

"Good-looking people don't have any spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter. "

Good flick

I'll mention two.

First is an oldie but a goodie.  In Dog Day Afternoon when Pacino starts screaming

Awesome.

671312[/snapback]

Or what about in Raging Bull when DeNiro holds the gun in front of the mirror and says "Are you talkin' to ME?" That was awesome.

KHAN!!!!!!!!

Or, on a lighter note, Christopher Walken's awesome monologue to Bruce Willis (as a child) in Pulp Fiction, describing carrying the watch up his a$$.

I'll mention two.

First is an oldie but a goodie.  In Dog Day Afternoon when Pacino starts screaming

I'm out of order?  I'm out of order?  This whole trial is out of order!

Awesome.

I also like the scene in American Psycho when the american guy goes psycho.  That rocked.

671312[/snapback]

I am aware that you already know this; but for those who don't, the Pacino quote was from "And Justice For All".

By the way, aren't you supposed to be tied up somewhere waiting for your rettata fest?

No mention of the opening 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan?

Opening credits of Trading Places set to Mozart's Marriage of Figaro

An American Werewolf in London; the hospital scene where he has the nightmare inside the other nightmare. I jumped out of my skin the first time I saw that.

Any Kevin Kline scene from A Fish Called Wanda.

Otto: You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, f--kface, d--khead, a--hole.

Archie: How very interesting. You're a true vulgarian, aren't you?

Otto: You're the vulgarian, you !@#$!

I am aware that you already know this; but for those who don't, the Pacino quote was from "And Justice For All".

By the way, aren't you supposed to be tied up somewhere waiting for your rettata fest?

671338[/snapback]

Correct. But in DDA he screams "ATTICA! ATTICA!" outside the bank. That was a great movie. The best scene IMO was at the end when Sal takes one right in the forehead.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fug happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Amazing movie....I also love the part where they march out of the courtroom humming the Star Spangled Banner.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fug happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Amazing movie....I also love the part where they march out of the courtroom humming the Star Spangled Banner.

671358[/snapback]

"He can't do that to our pledges. Only we can do that to our pledges."

Mike

Jack Woltz: Johnny Fontane never gets that movie. That part is perfect for him, it'll make him a big star, and I'm gonna run him out of the business - and let me tell you why: Johnny Fontane ruined one of Woltz International's most valuable proteges. For five years we had her under training - singing lessons, acting lessons, dancing lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her, I was gonna make her a big star. And let me be even more frank, just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, and that it's not all dollars and cents: She was beautiful; she was young; she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I've ever had, and I've had 'em all over the world. And then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice and guinea charm, and she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous! And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous!

Jack Woltz: Now you listen to me, you smooth talking son-of-a-B word. Let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is. Johnny Fontane will never get that movie. I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork.

Tom Hagen: I'm German-Irish

Jack Woltz (without skipping a beat): Well let me tell you something, my Kraut Mick friend! I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!"

671179[/snapback]

the scene when he wakes up from that was just classic.

Scene from Godfather II when DeNiro goes and see Don Ciccio, and stabs him was good.

Anything with Steve Buscemi in Reservoir Dogs was top notch.

The scene in Donnie Brasco where they wait for the bosses to come down the stairs and just gun them down. The killers from that scene, one of them is still under trial for those murders.

In Network, Arthur Jensen is standing at one end of the very long conference table, looking at the sitting and somewhat shaken Howard Beale. Beale is put at ease (a little) by Jensen with a very warm and calm greeting...and then THIS happens:

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?!

You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West.

There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, Reichmarks, Yen, Rubles, Pounds, and Shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today!

And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state -- Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality -- one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.

:D