Great movie scenes

Acantha

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scene from Godfather II when DeNiro goes and see Don Ciccio, and stabs him was good.

671378[/snapback]

Can't believe no one mentioned the "baptism" scene in The Godfather.

All the heads of the five families....

Can't believe no one mentioned the "baptism" scene in The Godfather.

All the heads of the five families....

671408[/snapback]

i think most of the scenes from godfather I and II could be considered best scenes

This was a great thread to start. Where do I begin, :D .

Dracula (1931): When Dwight Frye as Renfield is discovered in the ship, and is insanely giggling. Very Creepy.

The walking scene & swimming pool scene from Cat People(1942).

Gandalf fighting the Balrog in Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring.

The final showdown between Charles Bronson & Henry Fonda in Once Upon A Time in the West.

Tippi Hedren sitting outside the schoolhouse in The Birds.

The ending of Rear Window.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

The mother ship arriving in Close Encounters.

Seeing the 2 ships in the opening scene of Star Wars Episode IV.

"Listen kid, I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA! I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton & Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

The first ever onscreen appearance of Al Pacino & Robert DeNiro, together, in Heat. At the end of their scene in the restaurant, they both give each other some words of advice:

Vincent(Pacino): You know we're sitting here, you and I are like a couple of regular fellas, I mean you do what you do, I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face-to-face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it.

But I'll tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard, whose wife your going to turn into a widow, Brother, you are going down!

Pause

Neil(DeNiro): There's a flip-side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in, and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face-to-face, yeah. But I will not hesitate, not for a second.

Then later the bank heist in Heat.

I could go on but I do'nt want to take up too much room.

For Rockpile:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

or how about:

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

This probably shouldn't count because the movie isn't out yet but I bet there is a scene in Snakes on a Plane where there are a bunch of snakes.  They'll probably be on a plane at some point too.

671442[/snapback]

Chimps will handle that one. Sort of like Alien vs. Predator.

"Fugg all of it! Get ME off this muthafuggin plane!!!"

The walking scene & swimming pool scene from Cat People(1942).

671413[/snapback]

Your choices were great but you had a typo in there. Cat People was from 1982, not 1942. I don't remember the scene you mention but I'm sure Paulina Porizkova was VERY hot in it. She was hot in that whole movie.

The first ever onscreen appearance of Al Pacino & Robert DeNiro, together, in Heat. At the end of their scene in the restaurant, they both give each other some words of advice:

Vincent(Pacino): You know we're sitting here, you and I are like a couple of regular fellas, I mean you do what you do, I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face-to-face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it.

But I'll tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard, whose wife your going to turn into a widow, Brother, you are going down!

Pause

Neil(DeNiro): There's a flip-side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in, and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face-to-face, yeah. But I will not hesitate, not for a second.

Then later the bank heist in Heat.

I could go on but I do'nt want to take up too much room.

671413[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I really think that scene rang hollow. Believe me, I'm a huge fan of both dudes, and just as big a fan of HEAT, but that scene just struck me as both of them portraying parodies of themselves. It was great to see them together, and the beginning of that conversation was very good. But the end seemed contrived to me.

But you did remind me of another great scene: where Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short first fight El Guapo, thinking they are doing a scene in a movie, but are actually in a Mexican shoot-out in "The Three Amigos."

"You sons of a motherless goat! (Whispers to El Guapo) Tell me I will die like a dog."

"What?"

"Tell me I will die like a dog."

Pause. "You WILL die like dogs."

"Oh no! Because we are The Three Amigos!!!"

And watching all the people of Santa Poco have looks of confidence on their faces like the Three Amigos are going to wipe out El Guapo. Then El Guapo shoots Martin, and they start with "Cut. Cut. Hold on a minute. I'm bleeding. What? Oh, great. Real bullets."

Great stuff.

Chimps will handle that one. Sort of like Alien vs. Predator.

"Fugg all of it! Get ME off this muthafuggin plane!!!"

671443[/snapback]

Okay so there was this movie I saw when I was about 8 years old (maybe it was a TV show). And it was genius, one of the greatest scenes ever. My brother and I still talk about it.

So there was this guy who wanted to rob a bank, back in the 60s. And remarkably, he taught this band of chimps to be the theives. And he had a microphone, and gave them instructions on what to do once they got inside the bank and down to the vault. These chimps were incredible. So the band of chimps goes in there, and everything works perfect, and the guy gives the lead chimp the final instructions on how to crack the safe that leads into the vault with all the money in it. And it works perfectly, and the chimps blow through the vault, and open up the door. And the ringleader, watching it on video, says, horrified...

"UH-OH! THEY GOT A BANK CHIMP!"

And there, amazingly, inside the vault, was another friggin chimp, in a cop uniform, who foiled the whole thing when a brawl ensued.

Amazing scene.

Based on a true story I think.

I know I will be ridiculed for this, but that scene from Heat is one I consider to be one of the WORST scenes of all time. Just my opinion and I know I'm in the minority. I can't believe how bad I thought that entire movie (and that scene in particular) was. It was over-the-top-phony-over-acted to these eyes.

I know I will be ridiculed for this, but that scene from Heat is one I consider to be one of the WORST scenes of all time.  Just my opinion and I know I'm in the minority.  I can't believe how bad I thought that entire movie (and that scene in particular) was.  It was over-the-top-phony-over-acted to these eyes.

671569[/snapback]

Agree completely. That scene and entire film was overblown and horrible, At least for what it could have been and should have been.

Your choices were great but you had a typo in there.  Cat People was from 1982, not 1942.  I don't remember the scene you mention but I'm sure Paulina Porizkova was VERY hot in it.  She was hot in that whole movie.

671445[/snapback]

The Val Lewton original is worlds better. :D

And you're thinking of Natassja Kinski.

- The shootout scene in the end of "Gross Pointe Blank" between Cusack and Ackroyd. "POPCORN!"

671055[/snapback]

My fav part of that scene is when Cusack kills a guy with multiple bullets and a frying pan.. then turns and says "Debi, I'm in love with you! And I know we can make this relationship work." :D

A few scenes that deserve mentioning:

-Bridget Fonda taunting DeNiro about where he parked the car in "Jackie Brown".

-Jake & Elwood's meeting with "the penguin".

-any scene with Kim Jong Il in "Team America".

Some of my favorite scenes from randomly assorted movies:

Robert Hays deadpanning to the camera "what a pisser" after Julie Haggerty gets through with the breakup speech.

Later in that movie when the passengers all line up to kick the heck out of the hysterical woman.

Also, Beav's mom speaking "jive".

"$50 the Smails kid picks his nose." ...

"What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a goin' on here. I hired you men to put down some track not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City f*****s."

"Hanrahan, Susanne's a d*ke. ..."

"I'm listening to the f***ing song."

The battle between Dark Helmet and Lonestar.

The "beating" Ray gets in High Fidelity.

The conversation between Chevy Chase and the cop after the dog is tied to the bumper.

"Again. [tweet] Again. [tweet] Again. [tweet]" "My name is Mike Eruzione. ... I play for the United States of America."

"C'mon Claire, just answer the question." "It's a simple question." "Answer the question." "OK, I never did it!" "I never did it either. I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a habitual liar."

The recruiter's office in Stripes. Also, John Candy becoming "a lean, mean, fighting machine"!

"Ray, when someone asks if you are a God, answer YES"!

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of one's I consider "classics" but with it being late and having a sick kid, that will have to be enough for now.

The Val Lewton original is worlds better.  :D

And you're thinking of Natassja Kinski.

671575[/snapback]

i can't believe you bit, Rico. You should know the crayola eater's shitck by now.

Sallah

"Indy, why does the floor move?"

Indy

"Gimme your torch"

Drops the torch into the pit...

Indy

"Great, snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

Sallah

"Egyptian Asps. Very dangerous. You go first."

----------------------------------------

Andy DuFrane's escape in Shawshank

----------------------------------------

"Would you look at this !@#$ing guy..."

-----------------------------------------

"You know how I know you're gay? You listen to Coldplay."

The World Series scene in Cuckoo's Nest

------------------------------------------

The final shoot out in LA Confidential

"Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown."

"There ain't gonna be no rematch."

"I don't want one."

i can't believe you bit, Rico.  You should know the crayola eater's shitck by now.

671590[/snapback]

Sorry, don't know him that well... after taking a quick look, I usually stay away from those threads. :D

Sorry, don't know him that well... after taking a quick look, I usually stay away from those threads. :D

671593[/snapback]

i can't say I'd argue with your strategy.