Great movie scenes

Acantha

Yes, very good special feature about the making of the movie on it... Sinatra wanted the Sky Masterson role bad, and was none-too-pleased when it went to Brando... comes with a big scrapbook too, though I haven't looked at it yet...it's on sale at Best Buy this week.

672327[/snapback]

Just so happens I have to drive by a Best Buy in an hour. B-)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to those who answered about why they said to leave the gun (and take the canoli).

But, I swore that was when Michael was going to shoot the cop in the restaurant. He hadn't killed anybody before and they were giving him instructions.

Even though the movie disturbs me...

The scene in Goodfellas where DeNiro is in the phonebooth and hears about Tommy getting whacked.

The look on Liotta's face while DeNiro is crying is priceless.

671097[/snapback]

How about when Billy Batts tells Tommy to "Go home and get your !@#$in' shinebox"

"Maybe poker just isn't your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest."

You're right, best line in the movie.

671090[/snapback]

I still like this one better.....

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.

[billy Clanton draws a knife, and Doc Holliday takes out a second gun]

Doc Holliday: I have two guns, one for each of ya.

Another great scene: Gene Hackman and Peter Boyle as the blind man and Frankenstein monster, respectively, when Hackman lets him into the house, feeds him soup and gives him a cigar. First he pours the soup in his lap, but the best was the look on Boyle's face when he's puffing on the cigar, but then realizes that Hackman lit his thumb on fire...

Lotta great scenes in that flick. In my top 5 all-time best list.

Another great scene: Gene Hackman and Peter Boyle as the blind man and Frankenstein monster, respectively, when Hackman lets him into the house, feeds him soup and gives  him a cigar. First he pours the soup in his lap, but the best was the look on Boyle's face when he's puffing on the cigar, but then realizes that Hackman lit his thumb on fire...

Lotta great scenes in that flick. In my top 5 all-time best list.

672841[/snapback]

Great movie w/ tons of great scenes.

I like when Marty Feldman comes back outside just to scare the horses..."Blucher!"

I also love the scene where Gene Wilder goes into the room w/ Peter Boyle and instructs Feldman, Teri Garr, and Cloris Leachman not to let him out no matter what he says....then he starts calling for his 'mommy' out of fear.

Great movie w/ tons of great scenes. 

I like when Marty Feldman comes back outside just to scare the horses..."Blucher!"

I also love the scene where Gene Wilder goes into the room w/ Peter Boyle and instructs Feldman, Teri Garr, and Cloris Leachman not to let him out no matter what he says....then he starts calling for his 'mommy' out of fear.

672868[/snapback]

The revolving door scene is another classic: "Put...the candle...back."

Also, the scene where the townspeople are listening to the police inspector, but can't understand him.

"...he will rue the day he followed in his fodder's fewtsteps."

Townspeople: "What?"

"I said he will rue the day he followed in his fodder's fewtsteps. Fewsteps. Fewsteps! FEWSTEPS!"

"Townspeople: "Ohhhh."

Definitely not great scenes, but Major League is OnDemand for HBO right now, so I had to watch it (again.) Anything out of Low Brown's (James Gammon) or Harry Doyle's (Uecker) mouth is pure gold.

"You may run like Mayes, but you hit like sh**."

"Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever f****n' do it again."

"I don't know where you've played son, but we wear caps and sleeves at this level."

"Shut up Dorn."

Since I watched it last night, how about the penis search meeting in the principals office in "Porky's"?

672803[/snapback]

LOL....hysterical scene. I was watching last night too but fell asleep before that part.

How about Rick Moranis at the end of Ghostbusters:

"Who are you guys?"

"We're the Ghostbusters"

"Who does your taxes?"

How about when Billy Batts tells Tommy to "Go home and get your !@#$in' shinebox"

672423[/snapback]

Even better is when Tommy, Jimmy and Henry go to Tommy's mother's house in the middle of the night to get a shovel to bury Batts. His ma wakes up and, in true Italian mother fashion, insists that they all stay to eat. That gives rise to the following scene:

[Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging with shovels to find Batts' corpse. Henry is sickened by the stench, but the others don't appear to be bothered]

Tommy DeVito: Hey Henry, Henry, hurry up will you? My mother's gonna make some fried peppers and sausage for us. Oh hey, Henry, Henry. Here's an arm.

Henry Hill: Very funny, guys.

Tommy DeVito: Hey, here's a leg. Here's a wing.

[He laughs]

Tommy DeVito: Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? Or do you still go for the old hearts and lungs?

[Henry vomits]

:lol:

The Jennifer Connelly of a few years ago was hot.  The one who decided to go "Hollywood" and look like a skeleton is a real turn off.  Too bad.

672870[/snapback]

Last I saw, she had put some weight back on. There was a time, around A Beautiful Mind, where she looked horrible. Part of that was cause she had breast reduction for medical reasons, and IMO part of it had to do with the drugs. She did look like crap.

I've had a crush on her since Labyrinth.

Last I saw, she had put some weight back on.  There was a time, around A Beautiful Mind, where she looked horrible.  Part of that was cause she had breast reduction for medical reasons, and IMO part of it had to do with the drugs.  She did look like crap.

I've had a crush on her since Labyrinth.

673024[/snapback]

She was hot in Requiem for a Dream. She looked so young and gorgeous in the earlier scenes. Man that film was disturbing!

Old School (not really a huge fan of the movie, but):

Stiffler wearing a mullet wig (the pony ride guy). And Will Ferrel being curious over the dart gun at his friend's kid birthday party. I laughed for days over that scene. "I-I got a dart in my neck."

Focusing on comedy, here are some of the funniest scenes I can remember.

The umpire scene in The Naked Gun. I cried I was laughing so hard.

"Hey, it's Enrico Polotzo!"

The mental hospital scene in Ace Ventura. When Jim Carrey was doing the TD dance with all the patients dancing around him, I lost it.

Baseketball..the entire scene at Brittany's house.

"C**k. Beer?"

"Man, this place looks liek a Dockers commercial."

"Oh I am so jelaous of you."

"No, it's not like HORSE!"

Good Morning Vietnam. Any time Dickerson is chewing out Cronauer.

Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?

Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.

Sgt. Major Dickerson: [Pointing to his rank insignia] What does three up and three down mean to you, airman?

Adrian Cronauer: End of an inning?