Great movie scenes

Acantha

Napoleon Dynamite has several great scenes:

(((SPOILER ALERT)))

The cow getting shot as the school bus passes by, and the kids on the bus screaming.

The scene with Tricia and Summer walking down the street and Rico giving them a flyer for his herbal breast enhancements.

Tricia's reaction to Napoleon's drawing of her.

Kip's first scene looking like a rapper.

The scene where Pedro's cousins prevent a kid from getting beaten up.

And of course, the entire dance sequence in the school auditorium.

Mike

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focusing on comedy, here are some of the funniest scenes I can remember.

The umpire scene in The Naked Gun. I cried I was laughing so hard.

"Hey, it's Enrico Polotzo!"

673053[/snapback]

Same here! That is one of the funniest scenes I have seen! "What the hell is Nurenberg doing in Detroit?"

Baseketball..the entire scene at Brittany's house.

"C**k. Beer?"

"Man, this place looks liek a Dockers commercial."

"Oh I am so jelaous of you."

"No, it's not like HORSE!"

673053[/snapback]

Mentioning Trey Parker and Matt Stone made me think of the scene in Team America where Kim Jong Il started singing "I'm so ronery". I don't remember laughing that much in a very long time.

Focusing on comedy, here are some of the funniest scenes I can remember.

The umpire scene in The Naked Gun. I cried I was laughing so hard.

"Hey, it's Enrico Polotzo!"

673053[/snapback]

This scene is even better because right after the guy in the crowd says that, the entire rest of the crowd starts chanting "Enri-CO Polot-ZO!! Enri-CO Polot-ZO!!"

That was a nice touch that I never even noticed until a couple years ago.

Coach Boone: You take a look at her. Cause once you step on that bus you aint got your mama no more. You got your brothers on the team and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is, doncha? Gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who's your daddy, Gary? Who's your daddy?

This scene is even better because right after the guy in the crowd says that, the entire rest of the crowd starts chanting "Enri-CO Polot-ZO!!  Enri-CO Polot-ZO!!" 

That was a nice touch that I never even noticed until a couple years ago.

673080[/snapback]

Nordberg clattering down the aisle in his wheelchair and flying into the air was a scene you could see coming from a mile away, but it still had me in stitches, bastard that I am.

Anyway, for sheer impact... nobody's brought up the Phoebe Cates scene from Fast Times. :lol:

"Doesn't anybody !@#$ing KNOCK anymore?" :D

Almost any scene from Clerks. When they're playing hockey on the roof and the ball goes off the roof.

DANTE: "Hey, you see any balls down there?"

JAY: "About the biggest pair you ever seen, dingleberry!"

DANTE: "How many balls did you bring?"

MULLETHEAD HOCKEY PLAYER: "Uh... the orange one and, uh... the orange one."

;)

Scene from Bachelor Party, going from memory but it's been ages since I've seen it...

Indian pimp: "Can only have girls for an hour. Longer than an hour and Milt will be coming."

Gary: "Who is Milt?"

Indian pimp: "This being Milt."

Milt is about 7'2'', takes off his hat, and then breaks a window with his head.

Indian Pimp:"Pretty heavy, hey dude?"

Indian Pimp: "Girls back in one hour or Milt cuts your balls off, now shake."

Gary and Indian pimp shake hands, Gary walks away.

Gary:" I just bet my balls...and shook on it."

Not sure how you could leave out Uncle Rico taking Kip's steak off his plate and humming it at the face of an unsuspecting Napolean as he was riding his bike.

673121[/snapback]

Or Uncle Rico in the diner checking out his guns. Or on the porch saying, "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

:lol:

I love the scene in Bronx Tale where the bikers go into their bar. The bikers went all over town starting fights in bars. Sonny agrees to let them stay. So the bikers toast the owner by spraying the bartender with beer. Sonny calmly goes to the the door, locks and says, "No yous can't leave." And Italians come flying out and beat the bikers to the Beatles' Come Together. Just a great scene and movie.

I love the scene in Bronx Tale where the bikers go into their bar.  The bikers went all over town starting fights in bars.  Sonny agrees to let them stay.  So the bikers toast the owner by spraying the bartender with beer.  Sonny calmly goes to the the door, locks and says, "No yous can't leave."  And Italians come flying out and beat the bikers to the Beatles' Come Together.  Just a great scene and movie.

673131[/snapback]

Ohhh...good one!

I appreciate the slight commentary made in Rush Hour where Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are about to walk into an all-black bar, and Tucker tells him to "let me do the talking." As they walk in, Tucker his hand-bumpin' guys saying "What's up, my nigga? What's up, my nigga?" He leaves Chan at the bar to go into the back room, and Chan sits at the bar, looks at the bartender and says "What is up my nigga?" The bartender starts with "What'd you say?"

"I said "what is up, my nigga?"

"You just call me a nigga?"

Funny schitt.

Or Uncle Rico in the diner checking out his guns.  Or on the porch saying, "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

:lol:

673125[/snapback]

See? There are too many to name in such a short post.

Mike

All this and nobody can still tell me why Michael was supposed to leave the gun (and take the canoli)

671611[/snapback]

because his wife told him to go buy canoli's

and it wasn't michael, it was clemenza

I forget who the shooter was for the "Take the canoli" line, but it wasn't Michael.  Pete Clamenza was taking a leak when Paulie got it in the head.  Al Neri maybe?  He was a good button man.  Paulie had to go because he called in sick the day the Don was shot and Fredo was driving.  Michael left (dropped) the gun at Louie's Itialian Restaurant after killing Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo and Captain McClusky.  Either way, Gavin is right about why you leave the gun.

For my favorite, I'd have to go with the scene in "Field of Dreams" when Ray drops off Terry, turns the van around and there's Terry in the headlights, saying "Moonlight Graham" with the dramatic bass drum.  I get chills just thinking about it.

The Christopher Walken - Dennis Hopper scene in "True Romance" is a distant second for me.

671671[/snapback]

Paulie called in sick but it was believed, according to Santino that Paulie had setup the Don. Makes you wonder how a guy who controls all of New York has only one guy who could protect him, or his incompetent son.

I love the scene in Bronx Tale where the bikers go into their bar.  The bikers went all over town starting fights in bars.  Sonny agrees to let them stay.  So the bikers toast the owner by spraying the bartender with beer.  Sonny calmly goes to the the door, locks and says, "No yous can't leave."  And Italians come flying out and beat the bikers to the Beatles' Come Together.  Just a great scene and movie.

673131[/snapback]

ya now they work together :lol::D

No great scene, even in the beginning when little C is playing dice and they throw like 3 guys in the bathroom because they're "Mush".

I don't want that face looking at this face when he's throwing the dice, put em in the bathroom.

The revolving door scene is another classic: "Put...the candle...back."

Also, the scene where the townspeople are listening to the police inspector, but can't understand him.

"...he will rue the day he followed in his fodder's fewtsteps."

Townspeople: "What?"

"I said he will rue the day he followed in his fodder's fewtsteps. Fewsteps. Fewsteps! FEWSTEPS!"

"Townspeople: "Ohhhh."

672875[/snapback]

And that of course leads us to The Life of Brian:

Pontius Pilate: So, youw fawtha was a Woman. Who was he?

Brian: He was a Centurion, in the Jerusalem Garrison.

Pontius Pilate: What was his name?

Brian: Nottius Maximus, sir.

[the Centurion giggles]

Pontius Pilate: Centuwion, do you have anyone in your gawwison by that name?

Centurion: No, sir.

Pontius Pilate: Well, you seem awfully suwe, have you checked?

Centurion: I think it's a joke, sir. Sort of like... uh... Sillius Sodus, or Biggus Dickus.

Pontius Pilate: What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?

Centurion: Its a joke name, sir.

Pontius Pilate: I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome named Biggus Dickus.