Great movie scenes

Acantha

I was watching Almost Famous earlier today and this question popped up. I love the part in the movie when they are on the bus and everyone starts singing Tiny Dancer! Kind of summed up the whole movie, saying no matter what's going on, the music could bring everyone together.

Not necessarily my favorite movie scene of all time or anything like that. Just, IMO, a great scene.

Anyone got any? Doesn't have to be a great movie....just a scene that sticks out.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Third Man" - Orson Wells speaking to Joseph Cotton as they stepped of the covered-gondola ferris wheel in Vienna:

"Like the man said, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but produced Michelangelo, DaVinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, with brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace. What did that produce?...the cuckoo clock."

:P

Dwayne T. Robinson: I got a hundred people down here and they're all covered in glass.

John McClane: Glass? Who gives a schit about glass? Who the fugg is this?

Dwayne T. Robinson: This is Deputy Chief Dwayne T. Robinson, and I am in charge here.

John McClane: Oh you're in charge? Well I got news for you Dwayne, from up here it doesn't look like you're in charge of jack schit.

Dwayne T. Robinson: You listen to me you little ass whole.

John McClane: Ass whole? I'm not the one who just got butt-fugged on national TV, Dwayne.

- The shootout scene in the end of "Gross Pointe Blank" between Cusack and Ackroyd. "POPCORN!"

- The last scene in "Always" where Holly Hunter is flying the plane into the fire and the spirit of Richard Dreyfus' character, sitting behind her, is giving her the inspiration to save the firefighters on the ground. At one point they are actually carrying a conversation, making it a remarkably powerful scene. Classic Spielberg.

- The "Tonight" quintet from "West Side Story"

- Mercedes Ruhl's blowout scene in "Lost in Yonkers."

- The final scene in "Big Night" where the brothers are in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

- The final scene in "Big Night" where the brothers are in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

671055[/snapback]

Wow, good call....probably a film that hardly anyone has seen. I took a chance on it about three years ago and loved it!

I recently rented "Elizabethtown", a film I really did not expect to like at all. Not only did it end up being surprisingly good, IMO, but the last 20 min was AWESOME. If you are the type of person who gets touched by father/son type stuff, I think you'll love it as much as I did.

"I don't think I could bear it if you weren't my friend."

Kilmer's best work outside of Real Genius

671065[/snapback]

"Whats that 12 hands in a row Holliday, god damn it, nobody's that lucky"

-Ike Clanton

"Whats that 12 hands in a row Holliday, god damn it, nobody's that lucky"

-Ike Clanton

671083[/snapback]

"Maybe poker just isn't your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest."

You're right, best line in the movie.

Up in smoke...... cheech, this is good stuff man, what is it...... chong, labrador man...... cheech never had that....... chong, ya man, my dog ate my bag, had to wait till he sh-- it out...... cheech , you mean were smoking dogsh-- man!