Great movie scenes

Acantha

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Taylor: "Your afraid of me and you hate me, why?"

Dr Zaius: "The Forbidden Zone was once a paradise, your breed made a desert of it, ages ago."

-Dana Barrett: " Oh thats just the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there."

Venkman(under his breath): "What a crime."

-The entire Fred the Dorf Dorfman scene from Fletch.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Kathleen Turner in the scene at the bottom of the stairs in Body Heat.

671620[/snapback]

what time is it there?

All this and nobody can still tell me why Michael was supposed to leave the gun (and take the canoli)

671611[/snapback]

Much harder to almost impossible to connect someone with a gun if you don't catch him with it in his possession, assuming that the prints are wiped off and it's unregistered.

And you never leave the canoli...

------

Teddy KGB: It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.

Teddy KGB: He beat me... Straight up... Pay him... Pay that man his money.

The scene where the cops discover Worm is cheating and then proceed to beat the snot out of him and Mike (who didn't want Worm there in the first place and was UP when he showed up)

For Rockpile:

Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

671421[/snapback]

:D

Greatest Western ever made..Magnificent Seven (actually the first American samurai film...a remake of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai)

Village Boy 1: If you get killed, we take the rifle and avenge you.

Village Boy 2: And we see to it there's always fresh flowers on your grave.

O'Reilly: That's a mighty big comfort.

Village Boy 2: I told you he'll appreciate that!

O'Reilly: Well, now don't you kids be too disappointed if your plans don't work out.

Village Boy 1: We won't. If you stay alive, we'll be just as happy.

Village Boy 2: Maybe even happier.

Village Boy 1: Maybe.

Much harder to almost impossible to connect someone with a gun if you don't catch him with it in his possession, assuming that the prints are wiped off and it's unregistered.

And you never leave the canoli...

I forget who the shooter was for the "Take the canoli" line, but it wasn't Michael. Pete Clamenza was taking a leak when Paulie got it in the head. Al Neri maybe? He was a good button man. Paulie had to go because he called in sick the day the Don was shot and Fredo was driving. Michael left (dropped) the gun at Louie's Itialian Restaurant after killing Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo and Captain McClusky. Either way, Gavin is right about why you leave the gun.

For my favorite, I'd have to go with the scene in "Field of Dreams" when Ray drops off Terry, turns the van around and there's Terry in the headlights, saying "Moonlight Graham" with the dramatic bass drum. I get chills just thinking about it.

The Christopher Walken - Dennis Hopper scene in "True Romance" is a distant second for me.

But you did remind me of another great scene: where Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short first fight El Guapo, thinking they are doing a scene in a movie, but are actually in a Mexican shoot-out in "The Three Amigos."

"You sons of a motherless goat! (Whispers to El Guapo) Tell me I will die like a dog."

"What?"

"Tell me I will die like a dog."

Pause. "You WILL die like dogs."

"Oh no! Because we are The Three Amigos!!!"

And watching all the people of Santa Poco have looks of confidence on their faces like the Three Amigos are going to wipe out El Guapo. Then El Guapo shoots Martin, and they start with "Cut. Cut. Hold on a minute. I'm bleeding. What? Oh, great. Real bullets."

Great stuff.

671553[/snapback]

Great call LA. You left out El Guapo's best line here though. He is watching the Amigos ride around shooting their (toy) guns in the air, and he turns to Jefe and says, "I like deez guyz. Deez are funny guyz. Just keel one of them."

Hilarious.

Hmm. Good thread.

In "Stripes" when the recruits first get to boot camp. It starts off with the stuffy Captain, John Laroquette, bumping into a metal stake on the ground, and saying "Have that removed." One of the best takes of that movie and it was an ad lib. Then, Warren Oates as the drill sergeant; he played that to a T.

One that'll probably get me laughed at here, but Emma Thompson's screenplay adaptation of "Sense and Sensibility" was phenomenal. I look at that movie not in terms of individual scenes, but the whole work --- much like seeing the whole building rather than an individual brick.

Pretty much all of "A Fish Called Wanda." Especially any scene with Otto.

The auction house scene in "North By Northwest" always gets me, with Cary Grant trying to be an ass so they'll call the cops.

"Scent of a Woman" has a few (Pacino sure can take that role of the angry man and he ran with it there, all the way to a deserved Oscar). His speech in defense of Charlie at the disciplinary hearing near the end is something to look to in this age where being an unprincipled, stoolie prig is expected by our teachers, our bosses, our... and it's so great b/c he was supposed to have left, and he came back to stand by Charlie. Also, the scene in the hotel when the Col. explains his reasons for why he's going to off himself and asking why Charlie gives a sh--. To wit:

Slade: "When were you born, son? The time of the Round Table? Haven't you heard? CON-SCIENCE is deee-aahh-d.

Charlie: No, I haven't heard.

Slade: Well, then, take the... fu--in' WAX outta your ears! GROW UP!.... It's... fu-- your buddy. Cheat on your wife. Call your mother... on Mother's Day. [pause] Charlie, it's all sh--.

One that'll probably get me laughed at here, but Emma Thompson's screenplay adaptation of "Sense and Sensibility" was phenomenal. I look at that movie not in terms of individual scenes, but the whole work --- much like seeing the whole building rather than an individual brick.

671680[/snapback]

Wow dude, ballsy pick. And you're right, this will get you laughed at. Did you run out of room in your post for the closing scene from Dirty Dancing? "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

"Again. [tweet]  Again.  [tweet]  Again. [tweet]"  "My name is Mike Eruzione. ... I play for the United States of America."

671585[/snapback]

Chills, man, chills.

Another chill-inducing scene from another great sports movie:

"Ray Kinsella."

"Joe Jackson."

I don't know why. I just teared up at that one.

Wow dude, ballsy pick.  And you're right, this will get you laughed at.  Did you run out of room in your post for the closing scene from Dirty Dancing?  "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

671683[/snapback]

Where's that fyou smilie.... :D

But, really. Jane Austen spun a good tale, and Emma T. did an excellent job to put it in movie form. And just b/c it doesn't have nudity and swearing, but so what? I'd party with Emma T. any day; she's got that whole humorous but eminently classy air about her.

I forget who the shooter was for the "Take the canoli" line, but it wasn't Michael.  Pete Clamenza was taking a leak when Paulie got it in the head.  Al Neri maybe?  He was a good button man.  Paulie had to go because he called in sick the day the Don was shot and Fredo was driving.  Michael left (dropped) the gun at Louie's Itialian Restaurant after killing Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo and Captain McClusky.  Either way, Gavin is right about why you leave the gun.

671671[/snapback]

Paulie called in sick because he was in on the plot against Don Corleone, or at least that's what I thought.

I forget who the shooter was for the "Take the canoli" line, but it wasn't Michael. Pete Clamenza was taking a leak when Paulie got it in the head. Al Neri maybe? He was a good button man. Paulie had to go because he called in sick the day the Don was shot and Fredo was driving. Michael left (dropped) the gun at Louie's Itialian Restaurant after killing Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo and Captain McClusky. Either way, Gavin is right about why you leave the gun.

I always got the part about the gun, but didn't the Caddie have a registration?

Paulie called in sick because he was in on the plot against Don Corleone, or at least that's what I thought.

671734[/snapback]

I'm not sure on that one, either. Can anyone that read the book confirm? Coppola made him look pretty sick when he (Paulie) was at the house. Sonny was the type to blame him (righfully) for the outcome of the shooting.

I dunno. He probably should have been clipped for even thinking of stealing Connie's wedding purse. :D