Deal for Price is for 4 Years

Max997

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that we are going to go with multiple receiver packages designed to mess with the defense. Fairchild may have been the one behind this idea. Between the blazers Davis and Parrish, and the veteran Price and the blocker possession guy Reed, I think each of those four players are going to be interchangeable #2, #3, #4 and #5 guys. A #2 WR isn't a designated position like RT or LG, it's simply a second option. Price can't block nearly as good as Reed. He's not as fast as Davis, not as shifty and quick as Parrish but runs routes better than those guys. We are likely going to be shuffling a lot of WRs in and out of the game depending on down and distance and going with a few different kinds of packages when we run 3 and 4 and 5 wides. Price just adds a different kind of player to that mix. And frankly, I am happy because Aikens stinks. He will probably hang on as a #6 because of ST play, but we may not even need him as Davis is pretty good at that.

The only person in that paragraph who Price runs better routes than is probably Fairchild.

And I'll have to see Fairchild run a dig route before I remove the word probably. :lol:

If he is any good, why did Parcells dump him?

658383[/snapback]

Seriously, I see nearly every Dallas game....Price was signed, to be let go, as soon as Dallas' receivers were healthy. He was barely used....IIRC he was in Dallas for 8 weeks, dressed for 6 games, started one, and was cut the next week, when two of their regular guys returned. I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact that Parcells cut him. If he sucked, why did the genious sign him in the first place?

Wasn't that great, especially when you are picking 11, 20 and 42. He has Drew doesn't he? He didn't learn anything? The Cowboys are an average team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ms/cowboys.html

He took a slightly below average team and in three years has molded them into a .500 team. Terrific.

658415[/snapback]

OK. Find me another draft in which a team is able to select 2 starting defensive ends, both probable stars (Canty and Ware). Oh, and good luck. :pirate: He also got an OT with the 35th pick in round six who started most of the year, and was better than Mike Williams (not that this says much).

As for Drew, at least he has a job. JP (who we were fleeced for) is competing with the likes of Nall and Holcomb, and calling people "Dude." Great. :lol: I surely hope that he will be as good as Drew some day. Look what we gave up for JP. How much did Parcells give up for Drew?

Put it this way....would you complain if Parcells got the top job in Buffalo?

I have a feeling that we are going to go with multiple receiver packages designed to mess with the defense. Fairchild may have been the one behind this idea. Between the blazers Davis and Parrish, and the veteran Price and the blocker possession guy Reed, I think each of those four players are going to be interchangeable #2, #3, #4 and #5 guys. A #2 WR isn't a designated position like RT or LG, it's simply a second option. Price can't block nearly as good as Reed. He's not as fast as Davis, not as shifty and quick as Parrish but runs routes better than those guys. We are likely going to be shuffling a lot of WRs in and out of the game depending on down and distance and going with a few different kinds of packages when we run 3 and 4 and 5 wides. Price just adds a different kind of player to that mix. And frankly, I am happy because Aikens stinks. He will probably hang on as a #6 because of ST play, but we may not even need him as Davis is pretty good at that.

658364[/snapback]

I am on record as saying that I like the Price signing, but you bring up another point.

I am kind of surprised that Buffalo, given the Fairchild connection, did not look at Kevin Curtis, or, to a lesser extent, Ricky Proehl. I know we have some reciever speed, but I love Curtis. Not so much as a starting guy, but as a #3, he is one of the fastest guys have I have seen in some time, is really good after the catch (mainly because nobody can touch him) and is a situational game-breaker.

Fairchild, I read somewhere, likens Josh Reed to Proehl.

Marv loves giving out 4 year deals...let me guess, 4 years and 10 mil with a 2.5 mil signing bonus

this team is going to be awful next year, Marv doesnt have a clue

658270[/snapback]

another smart ass remark from a newbie , where the !@#$ do you all come from ?????? :lol:

:lol:

While remembering that, also remember that Michael Vick hasn't really been a real terrific throwing QB for most of his career, and when Price was signed by Dallas, it was strictly as a measure to fill their WR depth, as they had three WR injured at the time.  He was with Dallas for 7 games, and really only played much in one. 

I have a feeling, if Price hadn't been an ex-Bill, most here would see this as a decent, though not earth shattering, FA signing. 

Since we are travelling down memory lane, keep in mind that Price was pretty productive for the Bills, not too long ago.  Yes, he had maddening hands of margerine spread sometimes, but he was a playmaker at others.  Yes, he was kind of a punk at times, but it sounds like he is a little humbled...this signing really shouldn't be met with the venom it seems to be.  Being a pri-madonna seems to be a requirement of playing WR in the NFL these days.  Price has been pretty tame, compared to lots. 

There are not a ton of better options.  Why not take a guy who wants to come here, is a little humbled, and out to prove himself?

658345[/snapback]

Well said. I was actually working when this came up on my Cell phone and was a bit excited. The contract doesnt look that bad at all. Now if he got 2.5 mil each season then yeah, bad deal. He has alot of other speed guys around... Evans, and Parrish... Not to mention as quoted above he WAS productive for us. GO PEERLESS, GO BILLS!

and yes, Nice Job Marv! :pirate:

OK. Find me another draft in which a team is able to select 2 starting defensive ends, both probable stars (Canty and Ware). Oh, and good luck.  :pirate:  He also got an OT with the 35th pick in round six who started most of the year, and was better than Mike Williams (not that this says much).

As for Drew, at least he has a job. JP (who we were fleeced for) is competing with the likes of Nall and Holcomb, and calling people "Dude." Great.  :lol:  I surely hope that he will be as good as Drew some day. Look what we gave up for JP. How much did Parcells give up for Drew?

Put it this way....would you complain if Parcells got the top job in Buffalo?

658429[/snapback]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/.../teams/nyj.html

The draft after Parcells left. Plus a starting quarterback and a very decent receiver and a couple other players who played.

Why did Price get a 4-year deal and Andre Davis only a 1-year deal?  Should be the exact opposite.  Marv is fuggin up.

658504[/snapback]

A Davis might be very confident and only wanted a 1 year deal. Possible.

I have to fall on the side that likes this signing. I never thought Price was as bad as people made him out to be, plus it looks as though its another very favorable contract.

The thing I like so far is that all our free agent signings are relatively young, have something to prove, and are coming in at very reasonable prices. If one or two or three don't pan out, they get cut and no big cap hit. Alternatively, if one or two work out they're here for several years at a great price.

Another thing, it definitely seems like there's a plan in place. Marv's not just signing anyone that comes along or some big name just to fill seats. Now, granted, I'm not sure what the plan is; but I get the distinct impression that there's a method to the madness.

So, I say another good move.

I have to fall on the side that likes this signing.  I never thought Price was as bad as people made him out to be, plus it looks as though its another very favorable contract.

So, I say another good move.

658529[/snapback]

What was it about Price that makes you say that? He catches the ball with his body, he rarely made tough grabs, he fumbled quite a bit on his "second efforts", he allowed way too many interceptions be caught when he was the target, he didn't block for crap, and then there was the infamous play he just stopped running after an INT. He played soft and ran his mouth...

He may not be the anti-Christ, but he is the anti-Football player in my book. I assume he would be the 1st guy shot if he was holed up in a bunker (by his own troops).

As far as dropping passes go, he's not even close to being in Reed's league. So, if dropping passes is cause to cut a guy, he should be the first to go. I'm not saying Price was a great receiver. I'm just saying that as far as receivers go, he wasn't the worst of them. He had nearly 100 catches for 1200 yards in his last year here. So how can you say he completely sucked and shouldn't be playing? I still say his biggest problem was poor coaching. As I recall, alot of players sucked it up for GW and didn't seem to give their all.

And now, after a few cuts, I think he's likely to have something to prove and will likely play alot tougher than before.

I'd prefer a bigger WR such as a Dez White or Bryant Johnson.

658352[/snapback]

I'd prefer any WR who gets open and Catches the Ball at this point. I hear what your saying about size at WR though... Sam Aiken is a Bigger WR, and maybe the Bills Draft one too. I think Peerless...at least the old Peerless, has every bit as much talent as any other available WR...So why not give him a shot at this point...If nothing else it forces Davis, Aiken, Reed, or Fast Freddie to step their Game up a notch in order to stick around...

Interesting that the Depth at WR looks decent assuming Evans comes through as a #1...I guess we'll see soon enough... :lol:

Its amazing yet not surprising that the deal signed by Peerless Price was a four year deal worth $10 Million

is this the only deal Marv can hand out, 4 years 10 mil

when will it be reported that Aaron Gibson got a 4 year 10 mil deal

Marv is a joke as GM

Its amazing yet not surprising that the deal signed by Peerless Price was a four year deal worth $10 Million

is this the only deal Marv can hand out, 4 years 10 mil

when will it be reported that Aaron Gibson got a 4 year 10 mil deal

Marv is a joke as GM

658778[/snapback]

I absolutely agree. I hope that Gibson got a 4 year 40mill deal. It would defintely go a long way to legitimizing Marv as a GM. Come on Marv sign some big, inflated contracts. Get 'er done!