Deal for Price is for 4 Years

Max997

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv loves giving out 4 year deals...let me guess, 4 years and 10 mil with a 2.5 mil signing bonus

this team is going to be awful next year, Marv doesnt have a clue

658270[/snapback]

If it's somewhere around 10 mil with a 2 million bonus and 750 this season, 1 mil, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, 2.75 mil that's a good deal for us. Not very expensive. If he doesn't pan out we don't get killed. If he does play well he's cheap as hell. We have a lot of money left and no one to spend it on. I am no longer completely scared we have no receivers as we have a lot of speed, some very decent depth and experience and can throw some fear into teams with Evans, Peerless, Parrish and Davis speed wise, especially if we draft Vernon Davis or if Everett pans out. Peerless may not have been a #1 but he doesn't suck.

If it's somewhere around 10 mil with a 2 million bonus and 750 this season, 1 mil, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, 2.75 mil that's a good deal for us. Not very expensive. If he doesn't pan out we don't get killed. If he does play well he's cheap as hell. We have a lot of money left and no one to spend it on. I am no longer completely scared we have no receivers as we have a lot of speed, some very decent depth and experience and can throw some fear into teams with Evans, Peerless, Parrish and Davis speed wise, especially if we draft Vernon Davis or if Everett pans out. Peerless may not have been a #1 but he doesn't suck.

658279[/snapback]

remember this is a guy that got cut by 2 different teams last year and didnt have a job at the end of the season

at most he should have got a 2 year deal with incentives

Marv loves giving out 4 year deals...let me guess, 4 years and 10 mil with a 2.5 mil signing bonus

658270[/snapback]

If that signing was for anything but veteran minimum or slightly more then Marv's a moron.

remember this is a guy that got cut by 2 different teams last year and didnt have a job at the end of the season

658300[/snapback]

When you're not sure, the four year deal is actually better for us. If we cut him after two years it only costs us two million a year, which in this day isn't much. It would have been difficult to sign him for 2 year 3 mil contract, and if you sign him for 2 years at 4 mil it's better to do the 4 year ten mil because if you DO want him after the second year, that means he's playing pretty damn well and you have all the cards, not him. Then the 2-3 mil in the 3rd and fourth year are bargains.

658300[/snapback]

While remembering that, also remember that Michael Vick hasn't really been a real terrific throwing QB for most of his career, and when Price was signed by Dallas, it was strictly as a measure to fill their WR depth, as they had three WR injured at the time. He was with Dallas for 7 games, and really only played much in one.

I have a feeling, if Price hadn't been an ex-Bill, most here would see this as a decent, though not earth shattering, FA signing.

Since we are travelling down memory lane, keep in mind that Price was pretty productive for the Bills, not too long ago. Yes, he had maddening hands of margerine spread sometimes, but he was a playmaker at others. Yes, he was kind of a punk at times, but it sounds like he is a little humbled...this signing really shouldn't be met with the venom it seems to be. Being a pri-madonna seems to be a requirement of playing WR in the NFL these days. Price has been pretty tame, compared to lots.

There are not a ton of better options. Why not take a guy who wants to come here, is a little humbled, and out to prove himself?

There are not a ton of better options.  Why not take a guy who wants to come here, is a little humbled, and out to prove himself?

658345[/snapback]

You answered yourself when you wrote: I have a feeling, if Price hadn't been an ex-Bill, most here would see this as a decent, though not earth shattering, FA signing. That ex is a big thing by most fans. As once a guy leaves he's horrible, we've seen numerous posts bash players who've left etc. I don't mind the signing but to me we need to find a compliment to Lee Evans, which I don't think Price is. As Price and Evans offer similiar things with similiar size. I'd prefer a bigger WR such as a Dez White or Bryant Johnson. Yet at the same time I'm willing to let Peerless prove me and others wrong that his best years aren't behind him.

You answered yourself when you wrote: I have a feeling, if Price hadn't been an ex-Bill, most here would see this as a decent, though not earth shattering, FA signing. That ex is a big thing by most fans. As once a guy leaves he's horrible, we've seen numerous posts bash players who've left etc. I don't mind the signing but to me we need to find a compliment to Lee Evans, which I don't think Price is. As Price and Evans offer similiar things with similiar size. I'd prefer a bigger WR such as a Dez White or Bryant Johnson. Yet at the same time I'm willing to let Peerless prove me and others wrong that his best years aren't behind him.

658352[/snapback]

I have a feeling that we are going to go with multiple receiver packages designed to mess with the defense. Fairchild may have been the one behind this idea. Between the blazers Davis and Parrish, and the veteran Price and the blocker possession guy Reed, I think each of those four players are going to be interchangeable #2, #3, #4 and #5 guys. A #2 WR isn't a designated position like RT or LG, it's simply a second option. Price can't block nearly as good as Reed. He's not as fast as Davis, not as shifty and quick as Parrish but runs routes better than those guys. We are likely going to be shuffling a lot of WRs in and out of the game depending on down and distance and going with a few different kinds of packages when we run 3 and 4 and 5 wides. Price just adds a different kind of player to that mix. And frankly, I am happy because Aikens stinks. He will probably hang on as a #6 because of ST play, but we may not even need him as Davis is pretty good at that.

I have a feeling that we are going to go with multiple receiver packages designed to mess with the defense. Fairchild may have been the one behind this idea. Between the blazers Davis and Parrish, and the veteran Price and the blocker possession guy Reed, I think each of those four players are going to be interchangeable #2, #3, #4 and #5 guys. A #2 WR isn't a designated position like RT or LG, it's simply a second option. Price can't block nearly as good as Reed. He's not as fast as Davis, not as shifty and quick as Parrish but runs routes better than those guys. We are likely going to be shuffling a lot of WRs in and out of the game depending on down and distance and going with a few different kinds of packages when we run 3 and 4 and 5 wides. Price just adds a different kind of player to that mix. And frankly, I am happy because Aikens stinks. He will probably hang on as a #6 because of ST play, but we may not even need him as Davis is pretty good at that.

658364[/snapback]

If he is any good, why did Parcells dump him?

658270[/snapback]

Relax, the contract is NOT guaranteed.

If he is any good, why did Parcells dump him?

658383[/snapback]

How many years has it been since Parcells was consistently making good personel decisions? 8? He came in in the middle of the year on a team that was falling apart. I didn't expect him to do well in Dallas at all. I think they signed him to only the one year deal, meaning finishing out the season.

How many years has it been since Parcells was consistently making good personel decisions? 8? He came in in the middle of the year on a team that was falling apart. I didn't expect him to do well in Dallas at all. I think they signed him to only the one year deal, meaning finishing out the season.

658391[/snapback]

Since he had Belicheck.

How many years has it been since Parcells was consistently making good personel decisions? 8?

658391[/snapback]

I think that the Parcell's 05 draft was one of the best I have seen in a very long time. How about you? :lol:

He was also able to fleece a certain team out of a 2nd and 5th in 04. :pirate:

I think that the Parcell's 05 draft was one of the best I have seen in a very long time. How about you?  :lol:

He was also able to fleece a certain team out of a 2nd and 5th in 04.  :pirate:

658402[/snapback]

Wasn't that great, especially when you are picking 11, 20 and 42. He has Drew doesn't he? He didn't learn anything? The Cowboys are an average team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ms/cowboys.html

He took a slightly below average team and in three years has molded them into a .500 team. Terrific.