Deal for Price is for 4 Years

Max997

The only thing that worries me about him is his heath, he apparently had vision problems.

He was cut by 2 teams (one team that seem to have QB who's a WR killer, has Atlanta every had a star receiver play well with Vick?) which will mean he has something to prove and play hard to show the league he can still play, its not the same as when he left here as a wide eyed young player on his first contract wanting the big payday after a big year.

This is what I like about Marvs work so far as a GM. He knows this team is not going to turn it around next year and play in the SB, so he is bringing in young guys who have something to prove and will play hard to prove they can still play. If they play up to their potential, Marv will have a bunch of good players who he can continue to build around, and if they are not playing well, they get cut and its no loss to us since they have smaller contracts. Your more likely to hold onto a struggling big name high priced player, then a guy who is playing cheap and has potential but has not been able to show it for previous teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another smart ass remark from a newbie  , where the !@#$ do you all come from ?????? :P

658454[/snapback]

is it a smart a$$ remark if its the truth...big surprise that we find out that it was in fact a 4 year 10 mil deal...for a receiver that was cut twice last year and didnt have a job at the end of the season and wasnt getting a lot of interest this offseason

thats now a 4 year deal for a backup TE, a receiver that got cut twice last year and a backup Receiver in Reed that cant catch a thing ( if the reports are true about his deal which Im sure they are )

i came to this site from another that i was a member of for a long time but grew tired of it

thanks for your intelligent addition to the conversation

I'd prefer any WR who gets open and Catches the Ball at this point. I hear what your saying about size at WR though... Sam Aiken is a Bigger WR, and maybe the Bills Draft one too. I think Peerless...at least the old Peerless, has every bit as much talent as any other available WR...So why not give him a shot at this point...If nothing else it forces Davis, Aiken, Reed, or Fast Freddie to step their Game up a notch in order to stick around...

Interesting that the Depth at WR looks decent assuming Evans comes through as a #1...I guess we'll see soon enough... :P

658583[/snapback]

I made that as a comment of looking for a compliment to Lee Evans. As to me Evans and Price are very similiar in size and what they have to offer. Whereas White and Johnson would have offered size that we really lack in our other top 3 guys (Evans, Parrish and Reed). Yet as stated I'll give Price a chance to prove himself and not write him off now.