Please explain this to me

PromoTheRobot

The Bills say they have no choice but to play Drew Bledose because there are no other options. Are they saying that if Shane Matthews were to start, the offense would be ineffective and the Bills would lose? As opposed to what we get with Drew Bledsoe now?

I worry this is all about TD saving face, rather than winning football games in Buffalo right now. If the Bills were to start winning with a junkheap QB like Shane Matthews, TD would look like an even bigger fool.

Sorry, after 22 some weeks of "we have to get better..." they 'aint gettin' better. I wish the Bills would stop insulting the fans with these BS post-game quotes.

PTR

I give it two minutes before you get the reply of "Its only been TWO GAMES"

unfortunately, though, its been 26 from my count.

And the only reason last year the first two games were good was because Jax and NE decided not to blitz. Once miami did that on every play, other teams musta said "Gee, it looks like Bledsoe !@#$ing sucks with any pressure". and the rest is history.

Saving face. What stupid speculation that is. I'm always amazed that people conjure up this reasoning as to why someone is playing while the team isn't doing well.

So what you're saying is Donahoe would rather see Drew playing poorly than make a change to someone better just because he made the trade for Drew. There is no logic in that idea. I'm sure Donahoe has an ego, but he get's paid to be successful. It makes no difference who's playing as long as he wins. You're saying he would be willing to lose just so the player he traded for is playing.

Unbelievable. (Well...obviously not by some people.)

The Bills say they have no choice but to play Drew Bledose because there are no other options.  Are they saying that if Shane Matthews were to start, the offense would be ineffective and the Bills would lose? As opposed to what we get with Drew Bledsoe now?

I worry this is all about TD saving face, rather than winning football games in Buffalo right now.  If the Bills were to start winning with a junkheap QB like Shane Matthews, TD would look like an even bigger fool.

Sorry, after 22 some weeks of "we have to get better..."  they 'aint gettin' better.  I wish the Bills would stop insulting the fans with these BS post-game quotes.

PTR

44501[/snapback]

Saving face. What stupid speculation that is.  I'm always amazed that people conjure up this reasoning as to why someone is playing while the team isn't doing well.

So what you're saying is Donahoe would rather see Drew playing poorly than make a change to someone better just because he made the trade for Drew.  There is no logic in that idea.  I'm sure Donahoe has an ego, but he get's paid to be successful.  It makes no difference who's playing as long as he wins.  You're saying he would be willing to lose just so the player he traded for is playing.

Unbelievable. (Well...obviously not by some people.)

44529[/snapback]

You haven't seen anything yet. You'll read stevestojan on this board that will make your head spin. :lol:

The Bills say they have no choice but to play Drew Bledose because there are no other options.  Are they saying that if Shane Matthews were to start, the offense would be ineffective and the Bills would lose? As opposed to what we get with Drew Bledsoe now?

I worry this is all about TD saving face, rather than winning football games in Buffalo right now.  If the Bills were to start winning with a junkheap QB like Shane Matthews, TD would look like an even bigger fool.

Sorry, after 22 some weeks of "we have to get better..."  they 'aint gettin' better.  I wish the Bills would stop insulting the fans with these BS post-game quotes.

PTR

44501[/snapback]

I think Bledsoe is pretty much washed up as a QB, but that being said Shane Mathews is not and will never be better. To hope that we can simply stick him in and magically improve is fantasy. It has nothing to do with saving face, it has to do with reality. TD should have signed a decent backup in the offseason so we'd actually have the option of pulling Drew.

The Bills say they have no choice but to play Drew Bledose because there are no other options. Are they saying that if Shane Matthews were to start, the offense would be ineffective and the Bills would lose? As opposed to what we get with Drew Bledsoe now?

i never heard them say that. alls i've heard is that the bills still believe drew is the man to carry this team.

Well they SHOULD stand behind their teammates/players. Until they make a move to replace them. Period. If you're always whining or pointing fingers you aren't adding to a team, you're distracting from it.

It takes a TEAM effort to win in this game and that means you circle the wagons and stand by your teammates for all that you've got until you have no choice otherwise.

Even if you've got a weak player, but there are no better alternatives, you support that weak player because not supporting them (likely) means that you've given up on the season.

TD should have signed a decent  backup in the offseason so we'd actually have the option of pulling Drew.

44575[/snapback]

Exactly.

Forget about the OL, the free safety (+ depth at safety), the kicker, the LDE...

The biggest weakness on the team going into the season

was not having a viable alternative at QB if Drew tanked again.

Shane Matthews for Travis Brown was definitely an upgrade,

but I'm not sure if it is enough of one.

I can think of a couple of relevant issues, both time related.

As someone said (I think Stevestojan but the post reviews don't go back that far) DB & Co. have only had 2 real weeks in THIS system. To pull the plug at this juncture would be hasty.

Further, SM has only been in town a few weeks. This put him considerably further behind DB in understanding the offense.

If we continue to flounder on offense, in my opinion, by the time it would be appropriate to making a change, we'd hopefully have JPL available.

I think Bledsoe is pretty much washed up as a QB, but that being said Shane Mathews is not and will never be better.  To hope that we can simply stick him in and magically improve is fantasy.  It has nothing to do with saving face, it has to do with reality.  TD should have signed a decent  backup in the offseason so we'd actually have the option of pulling Drew.

44575[/snapback]

They had Brown & Losman. When they both got hurt no one good was left to get.

Sorry, after 22 some weeks of "we have to get better..."  they 'aint gettin' better.   I wish the Bills would stop insulting the fans with these BS post-game quotes.

PTR

44501[/snapback]

Promo, do notice a trend here? You were here a few years ago calling Alex Van Pelt a good and credible QB. You were wrong then, and you are wrong now.

Bledsoe is a victim of the Bills poor management. He is not, despite the fact that he is probably toast, the cause of the Bills problems. He came to town as a very good qb and got his brains mashed due to a weak bunch of sissy busts on the OL. Losman will be next, just watch.