Bills Sign New Defensive Line Coach

Spanky46

Does Chuck Lester have to interview with Jauron or is just a given that he stays? :ph34r:

582476[/snapback]

I can hear Ralph now..

Polian can go

Butler can go

Dwight Adams can go

Rusty Jones can go

But....that Lester guy...He Stays!!

Chuck Lester must have some dirt on Ralph......

I've met Chuck Lester twice actually, and he remembered me from the first time I talked to him.  He is well aware of the running joke that as the NFL world turns, he'll ALWAYS be spared.

582481[/snapback]

So did you ask him how he always avoid the executioner every time the Bills move to a new regime? :ph34r:

So did you ask him how he always avoid the executioner every time the Bills move to a new regime? :ph34r:

582483[/snapback]

I did, and he just laughed about it and said SO many people ask him that question...but he never gave me a response.

So yeah, he obviously has drunken nude pictures of Ralph.

Does Chuck Lester have to interview with Jauron or is just a given that he stays? :ph34r:

582476[/snapback]

I think Jauron (and all the other HC candidates) have to interview with Lester. Perhaps the cockroach is really in charge.

On face value it seems solid.  Don't know much about the guy.  Seems a little odd to hire a DLC before a DC.  Maybe they were worried they'd lose him to a team that had already hired a DC...

582499[/snapback]

the Saints were heavily pursuing him.

An OK hire, but aside from the two SB years (1998 with Atlanta, 2001 with St. Louis), there doesn't appear to be a lot of strong defense's on the teams he coached with:

Atlanta: (defensive rank in total yards)

1990___19

1991___24

1992___28

1993___24

1994___28

1995___29

1996___29

1997___21

1998___8 (Super Bowl year)

1999___15

2000___23

St. Louis:

2001___3 (Super Bowl year)

2002___13

2003___17

2004___17

2005___30

An OK hire, but aside from the two SB years (1998 with Atlanta, 2001 with St. Louis), there doesn't appear to be a lot of strong defense's on the teams he coached with:St. Louis:

2001___3 (Super Bowl year)

2002___13

2003___17

2004___17

2005___30

582512[/snapback]

When did Lovie SMith leave St. Louis? That could explain the drop-off.

Isn't it odd that they would hire the line coach before the DC? maybe grey is staying!

582473[/snapback]

What I was thinking....I really hope Gray is not staying...it certainly doesn't sound like he wants to. He has been passive-aggressively been trying to get his pink-slip since the season ended, it sounds like...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3576

The Bills have signed Bill Kollar to be Coach Jauron's new defensive line coach.  He was with the Rams last year and has 17 years experience in the NFL.

582471[/snapback]

Hope it works out. Just wondering -- seems like HC would choose OC & DC first, and THEN choose other assistants, thus allowing input from OC & DC on the other assistants. Wouldn't that be the proper protocol for something like this?

Hope it works out.  Just wondering -- seems like HC would choose OC & DC first, and THEN choose other assistants, thus allowing input from OC & DC on the other assistants.  Wouldn't that be the proper protocol for something liek this?

582594[/snapback]

Just a guess, but I suppose it would depend on whether the DL coach is going to report to the DC or to the HC, wouldn't it?

Or maybe they plan on keeping Jerry Gray around? I dunno'

Good hire, he's been considered one of the best DL coaches in the league for awhile now... should be an upgrade over Krumrie... though as ex-Bengals, TK was a much better player. Kollar was disappointing for a 1st-rounder.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3576

The Bills have signed Bill Kollar to be Coach Jauron's new defensive line coach.  He was with the Rams last year and has 17 years experience in the NFL.

582471[/snapback]

I like the choice inpart because Kollar could give us a good review of two free agent DTs that I have on my short list. Those bing Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis. I think Pickett be a good two gap guy that could start next to Adams. Lewis on the other hand could be a good backup (upgrade over Bannan) for Adams. Adding Kollar might even help us sign one of them if either developed a bond with him in St. Louis.

That's just dumb.

Everyone knows they're both Freemasons.

582560[/snapback]

Actually Marv is the grandmaster of the priory of Sion...

And chuck lester is a direct descendant of Jesus Christ, hence the reason why his job is always safe.

Good hire, he's been considered one of the best DL coaches in the league for awhile now... should be an upgrade over Krumrie... though as ex-Bengals, TK was a much better player. Kollar was disappointing for a 1st-rounder.

582669[/snapback]

usually, good players make bad coaches (and vice versa, some o' the time ...).