Bills Sign New Defensive Line Coach

Spanky46

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3576

The Bills have signed Bill Kollar to be Coach Jauron's new defensive line coach.  He was with the Rams last year and has 17 years experience in the NFL.

582471[/snapback]

Hope it works out. Just wondering -- seems like HC would choose OC & DC first, and THEN choose other assistants, thus allowing input from OC & DC on the other assistants. Wouldn't that be the proper protocol for something like this?

Hope it works out.  Just wondering -- seems like HC would choose OC & DC first, and THEN choose other assistants, thus allowing input from OC & DC on the other assistants.  Wouldn't that be the proper protocol for something liek this?

582594[/snapback]

Just a guess, but I suppose it would depend on whether the DL coach is going to report to the DC or to the HC, wouldn't it?

Or maybe they plan on keeping Jerry Gray around? I dunno'

Good hire, he's been considered one of the best DL coaches in the league for awhile now... should be an upgrade over Krumrie... though as ex-Bengals, TK was a much better player. Kollar was disappointing for a 1st-rounder.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3576

The Bills have signed Bill Kollar to be Coach Jauron's new defensive line coach.  He was with the Rams last year and has 17 years experience in the NFL.

582471[/snapback]

I like the choice inpart because Kollar could give us a good review of two free agent DTs that I have on my short list. Those bing Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis. I think Pickett be a good two gap guy that could start next to Adams. Lewis on the other hand could be a good backup (upgrade over Bannan) for Adams. Adding Kollar might even help us sign one of them if either developed a bond with him in St. Louis.

That's just dumb.

Everyone knows they're both Freemasons.

582560[/snapback]

Actually Marv is the grandmaster of the priory of Sion...

And chuck lester is a direct descendant of Jesus Christ, hence the reason why his job is always safe.

Good hire, he's been considered one of the best DL coaches in the league for awhile now... should be an upgrade over Krumrie... though as ex-Bengals, TK was a much better player. Kollar was disappointing for a 1st-rounder.

582669[/snapback]

usually, good players make bad coaches (and vice versa, some o' the time ...).