Champ Bailey = Leon Lett

YOU NEVER STOP RUNNING FOR THE END ZONE NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! YOU MAY HAVE JUST WASTED A TD AND GIVEN THE BALL BACK TO NEW ENGLAND!STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

WHY DO TEAMS PLAY STUPID AGAINST THE PATS?????

PTR

he ran out of gas after running 100 yds. Officials cant over tun that.

567380[/snapback]

Broncos got lucky. He got hit on the one, the ball was in his RIGHT hand, for it to travel all that way across his body I'm pretty sure it went out in the endzone. Should be Pats ball, but there's no conclusive evidence, so correct call was made.

he ran out of gas after running 100 yds. Officials cant over tun that.

567380[/snapback]

That's just disgraceful. Any cornerback in the NFL that can't finish a 100 yard dash without getting caught by a tight end is sad. He was doggin it.

"He was tired." - Phil Simms

:doh:

567390[/snapback]

So now pro athletes can't even run 100 yards?? :doh:

Apparently Ben Watson was able to run 100 yards at full speed!

Bailey was loafing, pure and simple. They are very lucky they didn't lose that score.

Over/under on whether Hollywood Donahoe will claim the Pats were screwed by the refs on that review?  :doh:

PTR

567407[/snapback]

NL

We're not accepting any action on that one. Or that he'll cry about the Samuel PI penalty in the first half.

Champ Bailey is arguably the best athlete in the NFL. He basically runs 20-40 yard sprints every play. He still ran a 11 second 100 yards and got caught by a dude that runs a 4.3 and had an angle. I would like to see anyone on this board try and sprint for 100 yards. I run and to be able to sustain a full sprint at 100 yards is damn near impossible. Cut Champ some slack- that was a great play by him and a great play by Watson

Champ Bailey is arguably the best athlete in the NFL.  He basically runs 20-40 yard sprints every play.  He still ran a 11 second 100 yards and got caught by a dude that runs a 4.3 and had an angle.  I would like to see anyone on this board try and sprint for 100 yards.  I run and to be able to sustain a full sprint at 100 yards is damn near impossible.  Cut Champ some slack- that was a great play by him and a great play by Watson

567412[/snapback]

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Ladanian Tomlinson, Julius Peppers and a host of ohers I'd put ahead of Bailey as atheletes.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Ladanian Tomlinson, Julius Peppers and a host of ohers I'd put ahead of Bailey as atheletes.

567421[/snapback]

None of the above are even close to the athlete Bailey is. Bailey has a 46 inch vertical jump. Moss is the only player that you listed that would even come close to Bailey in a footrace. Champs brother Boss Bailey might even be a better athlete

Champ Bailey is arguably the best athlete in the NFL.  He basically runs 20-40 yard sprints every play.  He still ran a 11 second 100 yards and got caught by a dude that runs a 4.3 and had an angle.  I would like to see anyone on this board try and sprint for 100 yards.  I run and to be able to sustain a full sprint at 100 yards is damn near impossible.  Cut Champ some slack- that was a great play by him and a great play by Watson

567412[/snapback]

I don't buy that. Watson had to come from the other side of the field. Bailey was loafing.

And if I made $5MM a year and my only job was to be in shape, yes I could run a 100 sprint without pulling up.

He pulled up at the five. Never saw Watson coming. I'd love to see film of Watson on that whole play. He must have been hauling a** the whole way because he wasn't even near Bailey at the beginning, and then comes out of nowhere...........That should have been Pats ball. But, you coudn't overturn it.

567412[/snapback]

I don't get paid to do what champ does he should not have pulled up and the Broncs would've lost had that play been over turned...maybe all the praising the Pats have been getting pissed off the football gods

I don't get paid to do what champ does he should not have pulled up and the Broncs would've lost had that play been over turned...maybe all the praising the Pats have been getting pissed off the football gods

567781[/snapback]

It was a very pivotal play... But, how would the Broncos have lost?... At very worst it would have been a touchback for NE... They still would have had to go 80 more yards.

It was 10-6 at the time. The INT in itself was the back breaker, IMO.

None of the above are even close to the athlete Bailey is.  Bailey has a 46 inch vertical jump.  Moss is the only player that you listed that would even come close to Bailey in a footrace.  Champs brother Boss Bailey might even be a better athlete

567427[/snapback]

Pete- C Bailey is a great athlete and one of the top cbs in the league but the NFL is not a foot race. It takes alot more than being fast to be a top athlete in the NFL or there would be more players from Kenya. Scouts would just hang out at track meets and hand out contracts.

Pete- C Bailey is a great athlete and one of the top cbs in the league but the NFL is not a foot race. It takes alot more than being fast to be a top athlete in the NFL or there would be more players from Kenya. Scouts would just hang out at track meets and hand out contracts.

567968[/snapback]

FYI: Kenyans are known for distance running, not sprinting.

PTR

567968[/snapback]

Like Promo stated Kenyans are distance runners not sprinters. The best indicator of an athlete is vertical jump. Not to mention the best athlete on an NFL field is usually playing CB. No doubt just about everyone in the NFL is an athletic freak- the Baileys are at the top of list

I would like to see anyone on this board try and sprint for 100 yards.  I run and to be able to sustain a full sprint at 100 yards is damn near impossible. 

567412[/snapback]

actually it IS impossible. even for olympic sprinters. you don't have enough stored energy(creatine phosphate, if i remember my ex. phys. correctly) in your muscle cells to go at absolute top effort for more than 6-7 secs. that is a fact of human physiology. the idea in sprinting is to be the first to reach top speed (usually about 30m), then hold it as long as possible (usually till 60-70m), then be the guy to slow down the LEAST over the remaining 30-40m.

obviously this was not an olympic sprint race, so the situation is not 100% analogous. but yeah bailey had every reason to be tired. that said, HE TRIED TO FRIGGIN COAST IN, which is whyhe got caught. even tired, he certainly had enough left to stay on the gas 3-4 more strides, which is all it would have taken. but he is like 1000 other idiots who play this game, always looking to celebrate before the job is done. fuggin dipshit. i'm just glad it didn't cost them the game. because it certainly could have.