Vcoach alert - JP not playing anymore

VABills

The v-coach alert said:

1. Losman did not practice today

2. MRI results on his shoulder were negative

3. Kelly Holcomb will start against the Dever Broncos this saturday

To me, this screams "lets try to win our last 3 and finish 7-9 so we keep our jobs" by Tom Dumbass and Moron Mularkey

532360[/snapback]

That is f'in it! I am not going Saturday night, and I'm not even coming to Buffalo.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not injured, results on MRi/xray negative, but Holcomb starting.  Hurray our 1st year starting QB has learned to be a quitter too.  0:)

532330[/snapback]

Interesting development ...... I would think there are lessons to be learned about "playing hurt" and "playing in pain", I know the board rails (as I do) everytime an NFL player mentions being a "warrior" or "going to war" with their team ......... but there is a lot to be said about that type of mentality within the locker room. Does this move lose what "respect" JP may have been developing (or trying to develop) with the vets on the team .... I can't imagine that many players on the team don't have their share of nicks and bruises and are playing through them without any mention. Vick is hurt, Brady is hurt, McNabb was half dead for gods sake ..... being hurt is part of playing in the NFL ..... the good ones play through it ..... the great ones don't even let it slow them down.

It could also indicate the coaching staff is holding him out because there is no need to play him when he's hurt ..... and exactly how are they going to justify that with the other players limping around?

Uh, why isn't it just a matter of JP's arm being sore, the X-rays being negative for anything serious, and him sitting out the game?  From the sounds of it, he suffered the injury in the 1st quarter and it affected his play.

532367[/snapback]

What would be the fun in believing that?

The annointing of JP as the starting QB has officially failed.  He was not the next Big Ben.  He was not the next Orton or Charlie Frye for that matter.  I hope he improves dramatically in the offseason;

532371[/snapback]

Settle down, freak. JP quitting on his team is obviously pure speculation.

MM said he was too sore to practice Tuesday and if he missed 2 days of practice, he would NOT be ready for the game on Saturday because he needs (especially at this point) all the reps he needs. Simple as that.

The annointing of JP as the starting QB has officially failed.  He was not the next Big Ben.  He was not the next Orton or Charlie Frye for that matter.  I hope he improves dramatically in the offseason;

532371[/snapback]

Despite the stats, JP improved dramatically in weeks 11-14, over what he showed in weeks 2-4...do people actually wathc the games anymore, or just read the stats, and watch highlights?

I firmly believe that our shady GM and head coach are trying to save face (and they probably think they are protecting JP) by not letting him play in primetime on national TV against one of the Top-5 teams in the NFL. If JP played like he did last week and was to go 11-30 for 97 yards on ESPN, Donahoe and MM figure they would have to start packing their bags.

We don't know the whole story.  MRI negative doesn't mean he is healthy enough to play, it just means there is no serious damage.

IF he is healthy enough to play, it doesn't matter if we win or lose, it's a stupid move.  There is nothing good that comes from starting Holcomb over Losman.

Not to mention that Holcomb is going to get killed.  The Denver D is FAST, and they will be coming full throtle all day.  Coming off of a concusion, that isn't good news for Kelly.

532369[/snapback]

Does it really matter who starts against Denver? I think it's safe to say that unless Denver decides to beat itself, this is just a game on the road to the playoffs for them.

Losman was walking around practice with his entire leg bandaged up. No point in damaging 'the Future' any more than this coaching staff already has.

Uh, why isn't it just a matter of JP's arm being sore, the X-rays being negative for anything serious, and him sitting out the game?  From the sounds of it, he suffered the injury in the 1st quarter and it affected his play.

532367[/snapback]

Because that's the most likely explanation. Silly conjecture is the norm here.

I think that they should start one of the defensive linemen at QB. We should do whatever it takes to lose. Starting Holcomb only increases the chance of winning.

I really do not understand why JP would and should not start (unless there is an injury that they are not telling us about). He needs the reps. One would think that he would want to play on national television on a Saturday night.

There has to be more to the story.

P.S. Did you know that JP has the third best QB rating on the team?

How is JP a quitter?  This reeks of TD and MM trying to save their jobs.

532345[/snapback]

I think whatever Ralph is going to do, regarding TD and MM has already been decided...everybody just settle down...this may be the most asinine thread, in what has been three weeks of one asine thread after another....

I think whatever Ralph is going to do, regarding TD and MM has already been decided...everybody just settle down...this may be the most asinine thread, in what has been three weeks of one asine thread after another....

532395[/snapback]

We should run VABills out of town!

Settle down, freak. JP quitting on his team is obviously pure speculation.

MM said he was too sore to practice Tuesday and if he missed 2 days of practice, he would NOT be ready for the game on Saturday because he needs (especially at this point) all the reps he needs. Simple as that.

532380[/snapback]

I'm not saying he quit. I'm saying the decision to start him this year failed miserably. He's shown flashes of being decent for one qtr at a time during a given game (except for NE when he stunk for the whole game). He is not accurate enough, he is not good at reading defenses yet and he cannot win a game or put a team away without a perfect game from the other phases.

It's amazing just how many of you embarass yourselves without even stopping to think for a moment in these matters. As another poster mentioned, a negative MRI does not mean that there is no injury or pain involved, just that there is no break, or ligament damage, cyst, alien embryo, or whatever it is that they were looking for in the MRI. He is not playing because the pain or discomfort caused by the injury has hindered his ability to be an effective passer out there (save your jokes) for this game.

OOOOooooooooo I just had a sick thought ......... picture this ......

Kelly gets creamed all throughout the first half, finally geeting knocked out of the game with the Bills trailing by a few scores in the third quarter ....... instead of putting in JP they put in Mathews ........ and he has a career day bringing back the Bills for the late game win .......

This board can survive the Flutie/Johnson wars ....... the Willis/Travis discord was a mear bump in the road ........... but a Losman/Holcomb/Mathews screamfest will finish us for sure 0:)