Vcoach alert - JP not playing anymore

VABills

Exactly. I had to rush my son to the Emergency Room on Wednesday because he took a direct elbow hit to his left eye (kids horsing around). He had to have a catscan.....and thank God the results were negative. He had a concussion and they had to give him an IV to stop the vomiting. Negative catscan......but, he still had a concussion and can't play sports for 1 month.

532601[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but according to some posters here your son must be a wussie. What size skirt does he wear, I'll send him one. 0:)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also possible that Moulds went to Mularkey and said "If I'm playing, I want Holcomb in."  And Mularkey, with a history of caving, put in Holcomb.

532393[/snapback]

Yeah, um, that's totally possibe. And I had a threesome last night with Claudia Schiffer and Tammy Faye Baker.

I'm not saying he quit.  I'm saying the decision to start him this year failed miserably.  He's shown flashes of being decent for one qtr at a time during a given game (except for NE when he stunk for the whole game).  He is not accurate enough, he is not good at reading defenses yet and he cannot win a game or put a team away without a perfect game from the other phases.

532399[/snapback]

So I guess that means he's a typical 1st year starter?

I'm not saying he quit.  I'm saying the decision to start him this year failed miserably.  He's shown flashes of being decent for one qtr at a time during a given game (except for NE when he stunk for the whole game).  He is not accurate enough, he is not good at reading defenses yet and he cannot win a game or put a team away without a perfect game from the other phases.

532399[/snapback]

The decision to start JP was right on since this team was going NOWHERE this year with either JP or KH, it was a mistake to sit JP earlier this year.

All of the deficiencies you mentioned above are overcome with real game experience.

For what it's worth I don't think that MM is starting KH for any other reason than that JP cannot throw the ball well with a hurt shoulder, just look at his throws last week after he was hurt.

I wll not lynch MM for this call.

Besides my reasons to lynch MM and burn TD at the stake list already tooooo long!

I'm calling shenanigans on you!

There is just no f---ing way that Mularky could be THIS stupid.  If so, Ralph should come down during the middle of the first quarter on Saturday and fire him right there on the sidelines.  Then he could have a 'pull a guy out of the crowd to coach the Bills' contest.

532416[/snapback]

Over here Ralph! PICK ME! PICK ME!

Ummmmm.......anybody remember Chad Pennington?

I think they're being smart by not playing JP. Pennington convinced his coaches that he was a real "warrior" and played when he shouldn't have. Now there's doubts that he will ever play again. And by the way, the initial reports on Pennington's shoulder were that it was just a little "sore".

Saturday's game is almost meaningless, against a defense with a very good pass rush.

Still want to second guess the decision to sit JP?

And i really dont hate kelly holcomb. I cant stand the people that think holcomb is the next savior of the franchise, and JP is a bust. so i hate the losman-haters  0:)

532418[/snapback]

I think you refer to one poster who has named himself after one of Kelly's limbs, and another who resides in Va....don't hate, its' Christmas...err, I mean, the holdidays! :blink:

This is crap.  Here we go with the "he's injury-prone" and "quitter" posts.  !@#$ this.

532378[/snapback]

It was inevitable he'd get hurt, ESPN could do an entire "JACKED UP!" sequence just out of the hits JP takes each week. Sack or not, it's demoralizing having your QB getting blown up 10+ times per week. Regardless of whether it's his fault or that of the OL, TE, RB or receivers. It happened to me during the NE game that in his first "half" season as a starter, JP had suffered more physical abuse than Peyton Manning has in his entire career.

So I guess that means he's a typical 1st year starter?

532616[/snapback]

Boy, don't tell them that. Reason is no match for the demands of an idiotic fan. A HoFer like Favre wouldn't have lasted the 3 seasons he needed to become magical here. He'd have been run out of town for being erratic, too much of a gunslinger, blah blah blah. Come to think of it, he didn't last that long in ATL. And they turned out alright, right? Right? :blink:

People here are so used to mediocrity that they would just assume throw the baby out with the bathwater every time to get back to super-mediocre rather than let a player develop and try and see if we have something special with him.

Uh, why isn't it just a matter of JP's arm being sore, the X-rays being negative for anything serious, and him sitting out the game?  From the sounds of it, he suffered the injury in the 1st quarter and it affected his play.

532367[/snapback]

Exactly! All you have to do is look who started this post. Just sit back and enjoy like the movie Dumb and Dumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh now that the fans find out and in an uproar, JPL is going to try to throw today, and maybe try to be the backup on Saturday. If he was the starter and he is healthy enough to be a reserve, then dammit he is healthy enough to start.

Like I said, nice to see that quitter mentality has been coached into him early in his career. Why wait for the Christmas rush later in life.

Maybe he should watch films of Favre, Manning, and yes even Drew on getting up and getting his ass on the field week in and week out.

Oh now that the fans find out and in an uproar, JPL is going to try to throw today, and maybe try to be the backup on Sunday.  If he was the starter and he is healthy enough to be a reserve, then dammit he is healthy enough to start. 

Like I said, nice to see that quitter mentality has been coached into him early in his career.  Why wait for the Christmas rush later in like. 

Maybe he should watch films of Favre, Manning, and yes even Drew on getting up and getting his ass on the field week in and week out.

532968[/snapback]

WTF is your problem? Earlier this year Roethlisberger was hurt -- healthy enough to be a reserve and not deactivated, but not enough to warrant risking a really bad injury, so the team rested him. And Pittsburgh was a winning team with a shot at the playoffs.

This has nothing to do with quitting and everything to do with playing it smart. I don't like it -- I'd rather see Losman start, but I REALLY don't want to see him get killed behind these jokers attempting to block for him.

But I get it. When Losman gets hurt, he's a kitty for not coming back in. When Holcomb gets hurt, it's valid that he stay out. :blink:

Not injured, results on MRi/xray negative, but Holcomb starting.  Hurray our 1st year starting QB has learned to be a quitter too.  :blink:

532330[/snapback]

He isn't a quitter, he just stinks right now and if the actions of Eric Moulds are any indication, the vets don't respect the kid. Time will tell....

Oh now that the fans find out and in an uproar, JPL is going to try to throw today, and maybe try to be the backup on Saturday.  If he was the starter and he is healthy enough to be a reserve, then dammit he is healthy enough to start. 

Like I said, nice to see that quitter mentality has been coached into him early in his career.  Why wait for the Christmas rush later in life. 

532968[/snapback]

Stone throwers! Yayyyyyyyy! :blink:

The v-coach alert said:

1. Losman did not practice today

2. MRI results on his shoulder were negative

3. Kelly Holcomb will start against the Dever Broncos this saturday

To me, this screams "lets try to win our last 3 and finish 7-9 so we keep our jobs" by Tom Dumbass and Moron Mularkey

532360[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. :blink:

Ok, so do you "JP can do no wrong, he is a product of a bad coach and O-line" folks believe JP will be the unchallenged starter next season? Me thinks a new regime will be here and it will be a wide open competition for starting QB. They will probably bring in another Vet to compete with KH and JP. Guys, i am trying to be optimistic but JP is not starting QB ready and unfortunately this is the "throw away" year. Next year the Bills won't be able to afford taking a chance with a young QB unless he is clearly ready to be the guy.