Vcoach alert - JP not playing anymore

VABills

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,  so do you "JP can do no wrong, he is a product of a bad coach and O-line" folks believe JP will be the unchallenged starter next season?

532991[/snapback]

I don't believe that. I believe an open challenge will make him better -- and would have made him better this season. A severe failure on management's part. Having him outplay Bledsoe for the job would have been a real perception-changer in the minds of the offensive players on this team. The team chose to avoid a more real QB controversy so we have Holcomb as the capable guy who won't really steal Losman's job instead. It didn't work that way.

Look at it this way, though: Bledsoe had Tucker and a generally healthy Jennings on his left side, and a healthy Williams on his right. This year's cast has not been that consistent or healthy, or good, to say the least. The revolving door at LG speaks to that. Teague has been generally worse this year. Drew would have fared far worse with this line, and I do place a bulk of the blame there, while acknowledging Losman's propensity for rookie mistakes.