Ok so I am walking around the fieldhouse...

ICE

And Spot this white haired bastard. No assclowns, I have silver hair and there wasn't a mirror :lol:

Anyhoo, I walk outside around the official store and Bang! There is old whitey himself! So I hollar (Okie term) "Hey asscl....Errr Hey Tom". He turns around and heads back my way.

I meet up with him and we shake hands. Now I know we wonder if he reads this board. Well when he read "ICE" on my name tag, he got this funky look on his face and said "Wow all the way from Tulsa huh"? I said yeah been here doezens of times. He was impressed.

So I tell him I appreciate what he is doing. I feel he has made some good moves and some moves I think were bad ones. He says "Brian, I appreciate that. All fans have a right to feel good or different about the moves we make. We are on track with a plan and feel we are much closer than the MEDIA feels we are"

I said ok tell me this...Why McGahee. He smiles and says "Too many teams not deep enough at running back. He felt that was Carolina's major strength last year".

I say "Ok what about our OL. We fans feel it is still a weakness" He says "That is the great thing about bills fans, they are smart fans overall. you guys could tell that the OL has had it's issues. What we are trying to do will come together as the season passes. "

I Told him I am on this board and he smirks and says "Or really"? I thanked him again for trying to get this turned around. He says "Brian, we are much closer than people think. By the end of this season all will be in place and the offense it's self will be clicking really well. We are going to shock some people this year"

then it was have a good time blah blah blah....

Long story short, the bastard looked me in the eye the whole time and kept a firm handshake through most of it.

I honestly think he is trying hard to get this turned around.

Now my take on the game....

I don't see much to B word about honestly. People scream we won't win 8 games then B word when we lose. So what is it? If the Bills suck so bad then don't B word when they lose.

That said...

Positives.

1) Bledsoe got the ball out under 4 seconds damn near every time. he threw the ball away and even got a BS Int Grounding penalty to avoid a sack.

2) OL played well. YES FOLKS....WELL. those of us at the game could see he had time and sometimes PLENTY of time to throw the ball. If he didn't he had a pocket to step up into and dump the ball.

3) we had a friggin safety pick off a football :D

4) we applied pressure all day long. It's not always sacks guys.

5) Chris Kelsay. That boy is gonna be a stud by the end of this season.

Negatives:

1) Ryan Lindell. Cut him. I will dissagree with Simon and say If you can't trust your kicker from that range, in your stadium, with great weather...he is a liability. Cut him.

2) What was with the dropped passes and fumbles? Moulds fumbling??? WTF?

3) KNOCK IT DOWN! As TJ says. Two plays we knock it down we win (*)

4) '*' The refs screwed us. You can talk replay blah blah blah, we were there and his ass was NOT going to land in bounds. Fletcher did NOT commit pass int. on that play. and on and on and on. I thought we were playing NE IN NE the way it was going :lol:

5) GO DEEP! We beat the jags asses last year by throwing deep. Same corners, same safetys. If you go 3 wide with Evans and moulds on the outside, why are you having both of them run 12 yard patterns?

Look I understand the hesitation of this coaching staff being nailed for "gilbride" types of plays, but you MUST throw deep to keep the D's honest. Otherwise WHY draft Evans.

Guys overall I agree with TD. We look a ton like Carolina did last year. The playoffs are made in November and December. I feel if we go .500 we have a really good shot at making it. AND if we make it...we will be on the upswing and would have a good chance of going far.

ICE

I meet up with him and we shake hands. Now I know we wonder if he reads this board. Well when he read "ICE" on my name tag, he got this funky look on his face and said "Wow all the way from Tulsa huh"? I said yeah been here doezens of times. He was impressed.

Too cool. Nice job ICE! :lol:

And eventually you woke up and your dream ended. :lol: I am really suprised that at the end of the converastion he didnt offer you VP of football operations because of all your fantastic insight. :lol:

But do all us Bills fans a favor stay away from RWS them team never wins in your presence at home.

And eventually you woke up and your dream ended.  :lol:  I am really suprised that at the end of the converastion he didnt offer you VP of football operations because of all your fantastic insight. :lol:

But do all us Bills fans a favor stay away from RWS them team never wins in your presence at home.

32876[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

32876[/snapback]

I heard that both he and Aussie admitted they've never seen the Bills win when they come to Buffalo. We may have to ban both of them from future Tailgates just for that reason.

ICE, fantastic post and loved the TD story.....nice to hear he took some time to talk to you....

As for the Bills I agree, and we cannot lose sight this is a new coaching staff with a new offense, etc, it WILL take time for the offense to get in sync, still a LONG way to go before going into panic mode.

Guys overall I agree with TD. We look a ton like Carolina did last year. The playoffs are made in November and December. I feel if we go .500 we have a really good shot at making it. AND if we make it...we will be on the upswing and would have a good chance of going far.

32870[/snapback]

I said it in the offseason and I'll say it again. If we want to play Carolina's type of ball, that means a lot of close games...we don't have the kicker to win a lot of close games. That being said, right now there's nobody better out there, this should have been addressed in the offseason.

OK Now that the smelling salts have done thier job(Did Ice really compliment Bledsoe AND the O-Line?????? :lol: )

When I watched the game on Sunday, before that final play went to replay, I looked at Eric and Craig and said "....There is no need for a replay, he is in-bounds already, not even pushed out....", my B word was that he should have been mugged so as to not even be able to make that catch! It wasn't the refs on that play!

ICE that is a very cool story about TD! Thats why people like hime rise to the top, they know how to deal with the public.

By the way. Hey Tom!

Now I know we wonder if he reads this board. Well when he read "ICE" on my name tag, he got this funky look on his face and said "Wow all the way from Tulsa huh"?

32870[/snapback]

Ice, so if this story is true - and I have no reason to believe it isn't - that means Mr. Donahoe views this board somewhat frequently? You should have asked him what he thinks about Hollywood Donahoe's avatar...

Great story ICE! I like hearing TD talk that way (re:we'll surprise people this year). Not that I would expect him to say run for the hills either.

What I thought was great was the fact that he actually talked football with you! Kudos to you for calling him over!

Did you ask him why his "plan" is 2 years behind schedule and still not looking fruitful?

Sounds as if he was buying time!

Let's see how many fall for it at the end of the season.

Quite honestly, if he truly had those hopes for this season, he would have hired a coach with a known track record and one with experience.

I don't believe it. Besides, his moves, many, many of them have fallen short. So regardless of whether or not he has a plan, his judgement on players sucks.

The other flag is that there is no power running game as promised. And Lee Evans' big play this season so far has been a recovered fumble. Not why I remember we drafted him for.

I don't know. Again he looked at the TBD Tailgate tag that had my name on it and kinda gave me this "is he going to get the red ass with me" look on his face....

33016[/snapback]

Wait a minute, Is this the private ten minute meeting one-on one that you had with TD that you referenced Monday? or was it the meeting myself and 4 other people from TBD witnessed at 10:25 am adjacent to the Bills store?

Because we were waiting in line to get some gear and we saw TD walking towards the stadium / Admin offices around that time and Randy (the big guy calling the numbers out at the raffle) and myself stepped out of line and shook hands with him and wished him good luck.

He pressed on and then we saw you coming from the parking lot area in a half jog, and yes, there was a witness, but you had left him in the dust. As we recall, your meeting was rather short, certainly not ten minutes, but I know I did try to capture the moment for you because you two did look like bookends with the silver hair. Unfortunately the camera takes about 45 seconds to go from off to ready. By the time it charged up, I couldnt get the two of you in the same shot.

I hope he really means that we are close, because I don't think he has much of a long leash if this team doesn't jell sooner rather than later.

ice...awesome post...i am really sorry i missed out on hanging with you guys last weekend. i would love to have seen that conversation, or had one of my own...

i bumped into butler after the famous "RJ-slices-the-colts-to-ribbons-and earns-the-start-vs.-tenne." game. he was super nice but he wasn't as interested in talking football as he was in hitting on my girlfriend. ah well, we were all in a great mood that day...:)

I heard that both he and Aussie admitted they've never seen the Bills win when they come to Buffalo. We may have to ban both of them from future Tailgates just for that reason.

32888[/snapback]

Nor have I, but thankfully I only have tickets to Arizona and Seattle this year(which is a road game so it shouldn't count).

ICE, did he say "all the way from Tulsa?" because it said you were from Tulsa on your nametag? Or did you just tell him you were from Tulsa? If he knew you were from Tulsa via spending time on TBD, he should probably be fired now. This coming from a HUGE TD supporter (me) ....

I'm confused.

Well I don't know about your camera but we yackedfor more than any 45 min.

33114[/snapback]

You must be kidding!! 45 SECONDS for the the camera to warm up, and you were both out of the shot, He did have time to greet others as you were talking to him and I do agree he did keep eye contact with you, but he did have to break off a few times while he was accepting the "good lucks" and "good job Toms" from those that also stopped by to say hello.

You must be kidding!! 45 SECONDS for the the camera to warm up, and you were both out of the shot, He did have time to greet others as you were talking to him and I do agree he did keep eye contact with you, but he did have to break off a few times while he was accepting the "good lucks" and "good job Toms" from those that also stopped by to say hello.

33125[/snapback]

Maybe my original post in this thread is true. Reminds me of the DirectTV commercial with guy falling from the sky and DTV guy is begging for him to wake up. So in this case TD keeps a firm grasp of Brians hand to keep pleading "Wake up man wake up" or was that JRosen :)

33125[/snapback]

That's the downside to digital cameras is waiting for them to be ready.

Maybe my original post in this thread is true.  Reminds me of the DirectTV commercial with guy falling from the sky and DTV guy is begging for him to wake up.  So in this case TD keeps a firm grasp of Brians hand to keep pleading "Wake up man wake up"  or was that JRosen :)

33144[/snapback]

No, there was a conversation, but when Brian alluded to in his inital post was a one-on-one with TD for ten minutes. They did speak, and it may have been more than just "good luck Tom", but the whole thing was a minute or two, and there were frequent interruptions by other fans. I am just glad that TD is aware that we are all fans and are all interested in the Bills season, THIS season not long term 5 year plans. I am also glad that the GM is aware that we as fans will call him out if he pulls boneheaded moves or wastes draftpics.

LMAO whatever man.  I talked to him about everything I listed and he talked to me about everything listed.  Now if that took less than 45 sec then I am amazed

33168[/snapback]

I will also fill you in on my one on one with tom Donahoe before the game Sunday. YES I talked to him one on one for about 10 min on sunday and have a witness.

RMPL

I did not refute what was said, just the "10 minute" and "One on One"