Joe Marino breaks down the schedule completely

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mrags said:

I was just going to say I can’t stand him. But then again I pretty much don’t like anyone. So there’s that 

Hey.  At least you can take props for your clear lack of prejudice.

21 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

depends on WHO on cover 1

Prohaska is good, Tompsett is good. aaron is NOT.

Yeah, Cover1 has been steadily moving from an X's and O's centered approach (which is hard to find) to an analytics/fantasy football centered approach (which is kind of dime-a-dozen IMO)

When the X's and O's type guys are talking, I listen. 

There are 3-4 guys who post here fairly regularly who have stronger football backgrounds than the best of the Cover1 guys, Spoiler: if they disagree on a point with Cover1, pick them.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

depends on WHO on cover 1

Prohaska is good, Tompsett is good. aaron is NOT.

agree with that. Plus, Turner is great. 

agree on Aaron. Used to like him, but he has become sort of whiny, and too shallow with analysis. 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Greg Tompsett for one. I particularly enjoy Buffalo Plus. The Rockpile Report, if you can get past the obnoxious opening.

Greg IS good, just too long and don’t care for his sidekicks. I’m a fan of Buffalo Plus as well. Albeit, they’re a bit irreverent.. Not a big fan if the Rockpile. Assuredly, he knows his stuff, just too full of himself for my tastes.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Greg IS good, just too long and don’t care for his sidekicks. I’m a fan of Buffalo Plus as well. Albeit, they’re a bit irreverent.. Not a big fan if the Rockpile. Assuredly, he knows his stuff, just too full of himself for my tastes.

Yeah sometimes when they veer off into personal stories it gets bleh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Hey.  At least you can take props for your clear lack of prejudice.

Yeah, Cover1 has been steadily moving from an X's and O's centered approach (which is hard to find) to an analytics/fantasy football centered approach (which is kind of dime-a-dozen IMO)

When the X's and O's type guys are talking, I listen. 

There are 3-4 guys who post here fairly regularly who have stronger football backgrounds than the best of the Cover1 guys, Spoiler: if they disagree on a point with Cover1, pick them.

Oh I definitely hate everyone equally. All races, religions, beliefs. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I like him. Is it just me or does he look like an overweight Josh Allen?

I saw your post after I posted mine 😂

If you follow baseball, he looks exactly like the Blue Jays manager John Schneider lol

9 hours ago, boater said:

I started to watch and it was interesting, but I wish there were a transcript to skim over.

I don't do podcasts or videos--I am a reader.

Same. Podcasts take forever to listen to, and if you skip around you end up missing important moments.

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

They are moving from X's and O's because podcasters can't keep subscribers or generate any revenue by being honest with the team's fans.    

The name of the game is to stroke the subscribers until the revenue comes out.  

If you want to be in that line of "work" and be honest or ever have a pessimistic view you need to have an audience that includes all team's fans...........not just the homer's of 1 team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mrags said:

I was just going to say I can’t stand him. But then again I pretty much don’t like anyone. So there’s that 

Whenever somebody posts something about Marino the post is like "one of my favs, take a look"  or "best in the biz, worth the time". I just want one of these posts to be like "likely a bad person, check it out anyway". 

Just now, Mikie2times said:

Whenever somebody posts something about Marino the post is like "one of my favs, take a look"  or "best in the biz, worth the time". I just want one of these posts to be like "likely a bad person, check it out anyway". 

He’s probably a really good person. That makes me hate his guts even more. Can’t trust people that appear to be nice and caring. The definitely have something to hide. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, mrags said:

He’s probably a really good person. That makes me hate his guts even more. Can’t trust people that appear to be nice and caring. The definitely have something to hide. 

Doesn't appear trustworthy  

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They are moving from X's and O's because podcasters can't keep subscribers or generate any revenue by being honest with the team's fans.    

The name of the game is to stroke the subscribers until the revenue comes out.  

If you want to be in that line of "work" and be honest or ever have a pessimistic view you need to have an audience that includes all team's fans...........not just the homer's of 1 team. 

To be fair I think Cover 1 were always homers. Even when they were doing more Xs and Os stuff. The list of times I think they were wrong in their breakdown because they were trying to put a positive spin on it is too long to repeat. 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Is it that wild? The Bills have won 4 division titles in a row. They are the dominant force in the AFC East. The only team on a longer active streak of division tiles in the NFL is the Chiefs. 

The Bills are the class of the AFC East until someone knocks them off. Miami had a chance to do it in their own backyard last year and fluffed their lines. 

• Like (+1) 1