Joe Marino breaks down the schedule completely

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Eh joe isn't perfect but he's passionate and hardworking. But he has bad takes at times too.

Hearing him fawn over Edmunds and

not see the Bernard fit 

Is one example.

But he's awesome.

sure everyone has bad takes along the way especially with a daily show. But he's not a hot take artist, far from it, which is all I ask. Nobody's word is gospel

1 hour ago, boater said:

I started to watch and it was interesting, but I wish there were a transcript to skim over.

I don't do podcasts or videos--I am a reader.

Agree, most people waste words when speaking. Reading gives us the luxury of skimming over those things. I’ve watched a few videos on various things such as auto repair, only to discover a twenty minute video that could have explained the solution in twenty seconds. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

If he was right 100% of the time in his scouting he'd making a lot more money as part of player personnel for an NFL team. 

He's insightful, reasonable, and grounded. I like him even if he gets a few things wrong, like everyone does.

Plus, he looks like Josh's chubby and bald (when he takes off the cap which is rare) brother.

I was skimming and saw Josh and chubby and thought things were going to go in a different directon 😛

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Exactly what is there to break down? Everyone sees the games. Nobody knows how good the teams will be at this point of the year or who will be injured for either team when the game is played. 

Making this commentary mostly meaningless.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

There's several other fools on Youtube trying to be Joe. Joe is a national treasure. 

Correct.  Marino has really upped his game over the past year or so.  His post-game podcasts are indispensable and his Bills-related takes in general are spot-on, particularly his roster observations.  He has become less of a homer and has also gotten rid of a lot of the annoying repetitive phrases he used to rely on (like "a world we live in" and "lean into").  IMO, he's by far the best Bills podcaster. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, weeks 2-6 will determine our ability to go after a 1 seed. The week 12 bye does help but as usual injuries (or lack thereof) will determine our record.

Weeks 2-6 will determine if we actually make playoffs, not the 1 seed.

Joe did make one mistake in his rundown...he said the Bills will have a rest disadvantage going to LA because they play Monday night against SF the week before.  The Niners game is Sunday night.

Otherwise a pretty good breakdown.

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Now go find kevin kolb

Man I love the slipping on the rubber mats story so much but damn Kevin has had it rough after the NFL. Dude was living in his closet for a while :(

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Correct.  Marino has really upped his game over the past year or so.  His post-game podcasts are indispensable and his Bills-related takes in general are spot-on, particularly his roster observations.  He has become less of a homer and has also gotten rid of a lot of the annoying repetitive phrases he used to rely on (like "a world we live in" and "lean into").  IMO, he's by far the best Bills podcaster. 

Interesting because that's why I stopped listening to him. Same for Tompsett/Quinn on Cover 1. 

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

What's is record prediction 

12-5.  Same as last year.  He's higher on the WR room than most.  He was a huge Xavier Legette fan though and didn't like the Coleman pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

12-5.  Same as last year.  He's higher on the WR room than most.  He was a huge Xavier Legette fan though and didn't like the Coleman pick.

I got 11-6 or 12-5.  And he is like most fans he wanted "his" WR and it didn't happen.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Interesting because that's why I stopped listening to him. Same for Tompsett/Quinn on Cover 1. 

You stopped listening because he was too much of a homer or not enough of a homer?

Marino's definitely a Bills fan, which he acknowledges, but he is not at all afraid to criticize McDermott or Beane, and his post-game analyses often contain very pointed (and accurate) criticism of the Bills' player and coaches.