2024 Buffalo Bills Roster - All 91 Spots filled

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 11:54 PM, Richard Noggin said:

Beane has said very recently that with current summer practice rules, there aren't enough snaps to go around for 4 QBs. FWIW

And tbh, looking at this roster, I very easily compiled a 53 without really any sacrifices:

Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11

James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26

Reggie Gilliam #41

Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Justin Shorter #18

+ 1 more (isabella and hamler seem like candidates)

Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85

Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
La'el Collins #71
Sedrick Van Pran-Granger #62
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70

Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Javon Solomon #56
Casey Toohill #95 or Kingsley Jonathan #59

Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98
DeShawn Williams #99

Matt Milano #58
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Baylon Spector #54

Deion Jones #45 or Nicholas Morrow #52

Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Daequan Hardy #25
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46

Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 

Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8 or Matt Haack #15
Reid Ferguson #69

As it stands, it's a pretty clear 53. We will have some money come 6/1. Though around half of what we'll have between now and then will have to go to Draft Picks, the Practice Squad, and in season spending money - we will sign a couple players and I'd figure at least one of them will be a rostered guy.

WR: I agree we will keep 6, maybe even 7 (as we've done that multiple times under McDermott). As it stands, I think the extra guy wouldn't be Hamler or Isabella. It would be Claypool. But I would expect another to be added that will change that. 

DE: Like WR, The 5th guy I don't expect to be either of the guys you listed. I see it being Dawuane Smoot. He was signed for more money than Toohill and is a better player than both of them.

LB: I could see this being just 5. That's what we kept last year. Especially if they kept 7 WR's.

CB: I could see a 4th Outside CB be added that would push Ingram off the roster. Especially with how frequent Benford is injured and Elam's development being shaky at best.

Other than those things, I agree completely with your 53.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Beane has said very recently that with current summer practice rules, there aren't enough snaps to go around for 4 QBs. FWIW

And tbh, looking at this roster, I very easily compiled a 53 without really any sacrifices:

Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11

James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26

Reggie Gilliam #41

Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Justin Shorter #18

Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85

Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
La'el Collins #71
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70

Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Javon Solomon #56

Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98
DeShawn Williams #99

Matt Milano #58
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Baylon Spector #54

Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Daequan Hardy #25
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46

Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 

Tyler Bass #2
Reid Ferguson #69

I think this is pretty close. The only player you don't have as at least an either/or who I think has a realistic chance is Tylan Grable. I'm just not sure they will be able to sneak him through to the PS and I don't think they drafted him on a whim, I think they are already bracing themselves for the possibility that Brown is out of their price range after this season if he has a strong year. If he shows anything at all in camp and PS Grable will get claimed if hitting waivers with his experience and his athleticism. So if they want to try and develop him I think the play is put him on the 53, cut Collins (not subject to waivers) and put him on your PS. If a team then comes and picks up Collins for their #53, so be it, you grab a similar vet tackle cut by someone else for the PS. Similar to what they did last year with AJ Klein, where they retained all their young dudes at linebacker in the 53 cutdowns and then stuck AJ on the PS (after a little flirtation with Kirskey as the PS vet). 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11

James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26

Reggie Gilliam #41

Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Justin Shorter #18

Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85

Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
La'el Collins #71
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70

Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Javon Solomon #56

Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98
DeShawn Williams #99

Matt Milano #58
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Baylon Spector #54

Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Daequan Hardy #25
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46

Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 

Tyler Bass #2
Reid Ferguson #69

That’s odd. I believe you and it certainly explains why we don’t have a fourth QB. It’s just unusual for an NFL team at this time of year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s odd. I believe you and it certainly explains why we don’t have a fourth QB. It’s just unusual for an NFL team at this time of year. 

The Jets obviously feel there are enough snaps to go around. They are bringing five QBs to camp: Rodgers, Taylor, and rookies Jordan Travis, Andrew Peasley (Wyoming) and Colby Suits (UL-Monroe).

Edited by Billy Claude

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think this is pretty close. The only player you don't have as at least an either/or who I think has a realistic chance is Tylan Grable. I'm just not sure they will be able to sneak him through to the PS and I don't think they drafted him on a whim, I think they are already bracing themselves for the possibility that Brown is out of their price range after this season if he has a strong year. If he shows anything at all in camp and PS Grable will get claimed if hitting waivers with his experience and his athleticism. So if they want to try and develop him I think the play is put him on the 53, cut Collins (not subject to waivers) and put him on your PS. If a team then comes and picks up Collins for their #53, so be it, you grab a similar vet tackle cut by someone else for the PS. Similar to what they did last year with AJ Klein, where they retained all their young dudes at linebacker in the 53 cutdowns and then stuck AJ on the PS (after a little flirtation with Kirskey as the PS vet). 

People need to start bracing themselves for the MASSIVE contract Spencer Brown is about to get from someone.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

People need to start bracing themselves for the MASSIVE contract Spencer Brown is about to get from someone.

Yea and I think the Bills want to at least have an internal option. And that isn't Vandy (who is much better on the left than the right) or Collins (washed and 1 year deal). If Grable shows any promise at all he is making the 53 IMO. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11

James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26

Reggie Gilliam #41

Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Justin Shorter #18

Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85

Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
La'el Collins #71
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70

Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Javon Solomon #56

Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98
DeShawn Williams #99

Matt Milano #58
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Baylon Spector #54

Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Daequan Hardy #25
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46

Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 

Tyler Bass #2
Reid Ferguson #69

When you see it laid out like this you realize how much turn over there’s been in the last couple of seasons from the entrenched ‘household’ names we’d all become accustomed to during this era of Bills football. Now gone are:

Singletary

Morse

Gabe Davis

Diggs

Edmunds

Tre White

Poyer

Hyde

I know it’s all part of the business but it has to be weird for guys like Josh, Milano and Ed Oliver to look around the locker room. 

50 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The Jets obviously feel there are enough snaps to go around. They are bringing five QBs to camp: Rodgers, Taylor, and rookies Jordan Travis, Andrew Peasley (Wyoming) and Colby Suits (UL-Monroe).

Yeah. It’s odd because even if a team isn’t using its fourth QB much they have him there in case someone needs time off. Dead arm, injury, fatigue, whatever. Training camps aren’t as intense as they used to be, but stuff still happens. 

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

When you see it laid out like this you realize how much turn over there’s been in the last couple of seasons from the entrenched ‘household’ names we’d all become accustomed to during this era of Bills football. Now gone are:

Singletary

Morse

Gabe Davis

Diggs

Edmunds

Tre White

Poyer

Hyde

I know it’s all part of the business but it has to be weird for guys like Josh, Milano and Ed Oliver to look around the locker room. 

Im impressed with the core that was drafted and developed.  Offense Allen, Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, Dawkins.  Defense same thing with Oliver, Milano, Johnson, Rousseau and Benard.  Seemed like the core were guys brought in.  Morse Diggs Poyer and Hyde.  Now it’s guys drafted.   

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Im impressed with the core that was drafted and developed.  Offense Allen, Cook, Kincaid, Shakir, Dawkins.  Defense same thing with Oliver, Milano, Johnson, Rousseau and Benard.  Seemed like the core were guys brought in.  Morse Diggs Poyer and Hyde.  Now it’s guys drafted.   

Agreed, and also somewhat expected. You search for years for a franchise QB and once you get one you’re essentially forced to surround him with younger, cheaper talent. Until that time you’re snatching up more expensive veteran free agents from other teams hoping to paper over the glaring hole at franchise QB.

36 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. It’s odd because even if a team isn’t using its fourth QB much they have him there in case someone needs time off. Dead arm, injury, fatigue, whatever. Training camps aren’t as intense as they used to be, but stuff still happens. 

It looks like they only had three in 2023 also (Allen, Allen & Barkley) and 2022 (Allen, Keenum & Barkley) also.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

@Richard Noggin @GunnerBill is it me or you both clearly forgot on Smoot? Given his contract (signed AFTER Toohill and draft) and his past production I'd say he is huge favorite to make the roster over both Toohill and Jonathan.

Ah yes, I had forgotten him. I think he has a shot at that final DE spot. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, skibum said:

Am I crazy, or is this by far the worst roster on paper we have had since the drought? 

Slight exaggeration but possibly since 2019? That is, unless a bunch of best case scenarios occur and addition by subtraction really applies.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah yes, I had forgotten him. I think he has a shot at that final DE spot. 

He's practically a lock IMO. The only player to receive guaranteed money and not make the roster under this regime was OJ Howard. Also we used 4 void years on Smoot's contract. It is his spot to lose.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's practically a lock IMO. The only player to receive guaranteed money and not make the roster under this regime was OJ Howard. Also we used 4 void years on Smoot's contract. It is his spot to lose.

Ah hadn't looked at the contract structure. Yea think you are right. His spot to lose. 

42 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Slight exaggeration but possibly since 2019? That is, unless a bunch of best case scenarios occur and addition by subtraction really applies.

Definitely better than the 2018 roster which totally sucked. I think it's similar to the 2019 roster..... but Josh now is much better than Josh then so I'd give this roster an edge in that regard. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Am I crazy, or is this by far the worst roster on paper we have had since the drought? 

Little premature I'd say, and certainly not "by far."

• Like (+1) 1