Would you deal? Treylon Burks for Kaiir Elam

Would you deal?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Elam for Burks straight up?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I would trade him for a conditional 7th & a few dollars of cap relief.

What kind of cap relief are you getting?? He’s on a rookie contract, he barely costs anything 

If you look at the measurables, Burks and Shorter are very similar, Shorter is bigger and stronger. Burks was more productive in his college career. They are the same age. Shorter is also already on the roster and costs nothing. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

IMO, Beane has to be looking around to sign another CB after June 1st.  Elam stays even if that happens.

We could certainly use that. There are some decent CBs still available, but I don’t see the Bills spending much so one would have to come cheap. Even with us getting some cap space I don’t think they’re going to spend much. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2024 at 10:53 PM, Nephilim17 said:

Elam just turned 23 on May 5th, days ago. I don't think he's too old to never change or improve. He's younger than Xavier Legette.

Not saying it will happen but it could.

This. Elam WILL play this year. Burks can't stay on the field. 

This year is going to be huge for Elam, I just hope McDermott doesn't keep him in the dog house for a reason that makes no sense. He needs to play to get better.

When he played in the playoffs last year, there were SO many flashes but the rust was palpable. After watching that game (I believe wild card game), I came away thinking, "He got so much better as the game went on, maybe he just needs to play to learn and grow." Some people just don't get enough / learn by mere practice. 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

Why do we want Treylon Burks?

Because Bills fans NEED a name for some reason. It was Higgins, then Aiyuk, then Deebo, now it's Burks... it won't stop.

Once people realize that the Chiefs won a SB with MVS as their #1 WR, they will relax but Bills fans are soooo set on other names. Burks has been absolutely ABYSMAL in Tennessee lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/8/2024 at 2:55 PM, Kaenon said:

Player for player trades seem to be less and less these days.

But would you do Treylon Burks for Kaiir Elam, straight up? I'd do a poll, but idk how to on mobile.

A little reminiscent of Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard.

I would unload Elam for a half eaten bag of Doritos (Cool Ranch) at this point 

• Vomit 1

Getting anything for Elam @ this point would be better than what we have. A guy that can't get on the field and when he does, he's the biggest liability on the field. He has no future here, it's time to get the best deal we can for him.

• Vomit 2

New DC.  New secondary coach.  He is different than every other corner on the roster.  His strengths and weakness are different.  My opinion is as of last season he was too high a variance player for Mcdermott.  Flashes great but also has less than ideal reps. 

You want to trade our best performing postseason CB??

Seriously, I'd keep Elam. This is a physical game and Elam is on a cheap contract. I could easily seeing the Bills needing him to step up again late in the season. 

Honestly, I think our WR room is full. We are going to future Kincaid, Knox, Cook and Ray Davis pretty heavily in the passing game IMO. Throw in Shakir, Coleman and Samuel and I don't see a lot of need for bringing in another body at WR.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:06 PM, Mat68 said:

New DC.  New secondary coach.  He is different than every other corner on the roster.  His strengths and weakness are different.  My opinion is as of last season he was too high a variance player for Mcdermott.  Flashes great but also has less than ideal reps. 

I might be wrong but he got benched for not coming up and tackling in the Giants game.  He looked like a more motivated run stopper when he got back in there vs the Steelers.  He was taking his lumps covering Ridley.  Still plenty of potential there.  He seems to come up with splash plays with some frequency.