Seems like the Bills are building a WRer room full of large hardnose WRer's that can block.

gjv

Bills just added another large receiver Chris Claypool to a room of Coleman, Shavers, Hollis, and Shorter. It makes me think that McDermott and Brady are thinking about expanding on their 52% run vs pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I actually really like adding chase claypool for cheap. 

he might turn it around with a change of scenery and if he doesn’t just cut him.  Hard to be too upset with him getting frustrated playing for pit and then Chicago back to back lol that’s like a wr death sentence 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

They want BIG and Athletic.  Speed is good, don't get me wrong, but they are seeming to push for big, physical WR's and that is what Joe Brady had his year as OC with HIS offense down at LSU.  No more getting bullied at the LOS, and hopefully a lot more contested balls.  It also brings a greater Catch radius for Allen to hit on when his passes are slightly off.

Look I get it, Fans want splash they want exciting and we tried that with smaller, faster WR's and it didn't work.  I am excited to see this new approach to be honest, and if we get the running game going, then we are going to see somewhat less exciting 8, 10,12+ play drives that eat the clock and keep guys like Mahomes and Kelce on the bench and hopefully lead to more TD's.

• Like (+1) 23
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, gjv said:

Bills just added another large receiver Chris Claypool to a room of Coleman, Shavers, Hollis, and Shorter. It makes me think that McDermott and Brady are thinking about expanding on their 52% run vs pass.

or maybe they want WR's that can win vs physical press in the playoffs? 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They want BIG and Athletic.  Speed is good, don't get me wrong, but they are seeming to push for big, physical WR's and that is what Joe Brady had his year as OC with HIS offense down at LSU.  No more getting bullied at the LOS, and hopefully a lot more contested balls.  It also brings a greater Catch radius for Allen to hit on when his passes are slightly off.

Look I get it, Fans want splash they want exciting and we tried that with smaller, faster WR's and it didn't work.  I am excited to see this new approach to be honest, and if we get the running game going, then we are going to see somewhat less exciting 8, 10,12+ play drives that eat the clock and keep guys like Mahomes and Kelce on the bench and hopefully lead to more TD's.

Hopefully more TDs is the big "?"

drive the entire field and stall in the red zone and miss a FG. 

no opportunities on the roster for quick strikes makes the margin of error small

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This signing just confirms that Claypool is now a minimum contract FA.  

i think they want some big and some not big. They want talented guys that can make plays and will try some out.  

I do agree that they have a need for having at least 2 of that prototype on the roster.  Being more physical is definitely a focus, but we signed the not so big samuel and will feature him and not so big shakir.  They want a mix. Finally.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Chris Brown and Tasker talking about it now.

Claypool's #'s are not far off from Gabe Davis  (except the TD's)

Claypool has a higher catch rate

Chase:  58 Games   175 Rec, 2261   12.9  13 TD
   Gabe: 64 Games   163 Rec, 2730   16.7   27 TD

Claypool has had below average QB play......

• Like (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Signing a guy who was already on his way out of the NFL at age 25 doesn't prove anything.

Yet we also signed Cephus who another "bigger slow" WR and same could be said if Coleman and Shorter who we've brought in recently. Not sure if it's the GM/scout/OC/WR coach or starting QB that asked for these but seems a bit of a pattern to be more than just a coincidence. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Chris Brown and Tasker talking about it now.

Claypool's #'s are not far off from Gabe Davis  (except the TD's)

Claypool has a higher catch rate

Chase:  58 Games   175 Rec, 2261   12.9  13 TD
   Gabe: 64 Games   163 Rec, 2730   16.7   27 TD

Claypool has had below average QB play......

Claypool had 77 yards last year and 400 the year before. We are like 3 years from him doing squat. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1